Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: DoT CritS for Shadow

Priest dots too?

on Live?!?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    I wouldn't bother to find a source. Go duel a affliction warlock in desto gear.

DoT ticks can crit, end of story.
    You know why affliction lock dots can crit and ours cannot (as of yet)?
    The Pandemic Talent

Pandemic
    Each time you deal damage with Corruption or Unstable Affliction, you have a chance equal to your spell critical strike chance to deal 100% additional damage.
    Voila, dots that "crit".

Edit: Mindflay is channeled, just as arcane missiles and others, and was the only channeled spell that couldn't crit, now they fixed that.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by transparent
    You're a hybrid class. Mages and Warlocks are DPS classes.

They are meant to do more damage...You're built around the possibility of 3 viable spec's, with a different role to the raid. Mages and Warlocks on the other hand has only DPS base specs.

Balance is not only based around utility, it also includes spec possibilities that the class can bring to a raid.
    I raise your utility with a DPS and I would like to see that hand.
    Ghostcrawler's been very clear we are no longer utility.

"...Original poster, assuming you are a Shadow priest, the answer is you are a dps class. We're trying to back off the whole utility class thing, which is absolutely what you were in BC. While the mana battery functionality is still something every group is going to want, there are more ways to provide it now. The tradeoff for losing that unique niche is your dps going up."

Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/6/10529...ming-soon.html

Fact of the matter is, the game is now being balanced for level 80 play, with level 80 gear. Yes, this means that we are doing obscene DPS in the beginning and slowly level off to a plateau until we reach the level 80 balancing point.

Enjoy the increase in DPS while you can. Perhaps indeed we won't be taken on raids, perhaps we will. Our replenishment is still one of the more stable versions (as retri paladins get splattered all the time due to aggro from their new abilities, and thus do not give any replenishment after that).

Quote Originally Posted by transparent
    You're a hybrid class. Mages and Warlocks are DPS classes.

They are meant to do more damage...You're built around the possibility of 3 viable spec's, with a different role to the raid. Mages and Warlocks on the other hand has only DPS base specs.

Balance is not only based around utility, it also includes spec possibilities that the class can bring to a raid.
    As stated before, everyone who is specced for DPS is expected to deliver same amount of damage as the other guy. And where did this bullshit about hybrid classes coming from? What hybrid? If I have healing spells it doesn't mean I am supposed to throw them around. I was content with us being utility class in BC and we boosted raid dps in swp so much that it wasn't even funny. Now, in the light of devs statements, I can see we are still not on par with other so called "pure dps" classes and that's all I am commenting about.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    Read the blues. To paraphrase, all players specced for DPS wearing comparable gear and played with comparable skill will deliver comparable dps at 80 - that is the goal. So no, mages / locks / hunters / rogues will not 'automatically' do tons more damage than priests / druids / paladins / shaman who are specced purely for DPS.
    read the blues:

a good rogue vs a good retribution paladin will be a dps fight won by the rogue. A moderate rogue vs a good retri will be won by the pala. So comparable gear/skill will be won by the dps classes. The question is not "won" ; the question is won by how much. Pré 3.0 even a horrible rogue would outdps the retri.

To quote a blizzard employee "we are closing the gap; not eliminating it"

Quote Originally Posted by Eminus
    To quote a blizzard employee "we are closing the gap; not eliminating it"
    They are struggling to get the classes even within 10% of each other, so I laugh at the idea this is all intentional. Balance is so complex, I shudder to think about the guy who wrote the spreadsheet.

Good luck to them!

Shadow priest DoT's don't need to crit with the incoming SF changes.

But I'm pretty certain I'll go for Twins Shoulders and [item=34405] now.
    Farsight works! Took [item=34405] 2 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by felix8024
    So now all casters going for +crits gear.
    So i guessing no more offhand and dager for spierst.
    I always skip staff because compilation off hand and dagger give me more +dmg than staff only.
    So blizz will have to put some crit stats in daggers or caster daggers will be forgotten ;D

Anyway this is great news for spriest i assume. Now we got all spells covered with crits, even mindfly.
    Every stars in the sky say to me that spierst will be desire class in Wotlk. Huge dmg with off heals, you can switch between dps and heals. You can always resurect your buddy,stam and shadowprot buffs wll be important as a protection from lich army. Of course in endgame content blue will buff pure dps classes, but it always depends of gear and skill, besides 5%/10% dmg difference shouldn be so eye catching.

Cherio
    I have priest and druid and i dont see any reason to bring SP over balance druid as it is now other than the person behind screens...

Quote Originally Posted by Tribu
    I have priest and druid and i dont see any reason to bring SP over balance druid as it is now other than the person behind screens...
    I'd bring the one I like to play most.

Got WWS?

Not sure if out dps count was broken , because none of our priests got over 1600 :S
    Here is our parse of our first Brutallus kill after the nerf. 23 manned it by the way. I am "Lynxz" and the is one other SP. I am pretty geared but nowhere near some SP that have been farming SWP. I don't know why your people can't hit 1600.

http://wmo.ngacn.cc/combat/607407

Quote Originally Posted by Tribu
    Controllable triggering effect of Replenishment. There you go, reason to bring a SP.

Also, if SP overaggroes - Dispersion saves the day. Druid dies.