15+ Year Old Account

Inscription - what to drop?

Hello all

I have two level 70s - a priest and mage. Each has 375 tailoring. The mage also has 375 alchemy, while the priest has 375 herbalism.

The plan right now is to have the priest keep herbalism until enough herbs have been gathered to level inscription to 450. I currently have enough herbs to level up to 360. Once the Northrend herbs have been gathered, my priest will drop herbalism and go with inscription.

Is this sensible? Or would it be more practical to have the mage drop alchemy and take up inscription now?

Or... The priest could drop herbalism now, and use funds generated from glyph sales to fund later AH purchases of Northrend herbs.

Choices choices. What do you all think?

P.S. If any of you think tailoring should be dropped, can you explain why?
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

Re: Inscription - what to drop?

Or wait for wrath and make a DK for the sole purpose of having 2 more trade skills, as they start at level 55.

R.I.P: Prefix (T6 Resto Shaman) - DK DPS Compendium
    R.I.P: Valkyr (T4'ish BM Hunter) - UH DPS Compendium

You wont make much money on glyph sales, the market is swamped with cheap glyphs because everyone and their uncle are taking up inscription.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prefix
    Or wait for wrath and make a DK for the sole purpose of having 2 more trade skills, as they start at level 55.
    Genius. Many thanks.

Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SemtexJack
    You wont make much money on glyph sales, the market is swamped with cheap glyphs because everyone and their uncle are taking up inscription.
    Understood. I'm (perhaps foolishly) not looking at inscription as a money-maker. I'd like (if possible) to break even, assuming that I will be farming my own herbs, but that's all.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Right now Inscription is not a money maker,

I say keep alchemy, it will be a very nice personal ability for raiding.

And insciptions will not make money till new rare ones start poping up.