Poll: Do skinners deserve/need a detection ability?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Detect skinnable corpse?!?!

So, every other gathering profession has the ability to detect what they gather; why not us? Should we get that ability?

Re: Detect skinnable corpse?!?!

Uh, no. What kind of moron isn't going to see whether the mob they killed is skinnable or not?

Tauren are humanoids, so unless we get to skin the rest of the races in wow, then no.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

The subject was so funny that I had to say yes.

In all seriousness, if you know what kind of mobs there are that drop skins, and you know where they are. Why would you need one?

You can go grind and get all the skins you need, and maybe get an epic world drop.

Mining and Herbalism does not have it that lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Mootilate
    Uh, no. What kind of moron isn't going to see whether the mob they killed is skinnable or not?

Tauren are humanoids, so unless we get to skin the rest of the races in wow, then no.
    btw worgen, wendigos etc are humanoids and skinnable...

woot woot SKIN THOSE COWS!!!!!!
    If there is one thing I have learned from the internets, its that you could have a perfect idea to end world hunger, creat world peace, and give everyone a sixpack overnight and people would still call stupid if you presented it on public forums.

ehh dude you kill the mob knowing you will skin it (when farming) why would you need to detect that ? :P
    WTF happened to Hi-C ?

Have none of you guys ever levelled skinning? He's looking for skinnable mobs other people have killed.

Sounds good to me...

i don't think a detection skill is needed, but..

Taurens should be skinnable! (i am a tauren )
    But on the other hand you should be able to perform mining on dwarfs when they die in "stone form" xD

totally not necessary, only a fool would have trouble finding animals to skin.

but yes, taurens should be skinnable!

Detect Roadkill after people go nuts with their hogs in northrend forest areas :<

Quote Originally Posted by trognar
    So, every other gathering profession has the ability to detect what they gather; why not us? Should we get that ability?
    No, my gathering toon already has detect mining node up. Ninja skinning is easy enough as at least 50% of the non-instanced shit we grind through can be skinned.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky
    but yes, taurens should be skinnable!
    Hannibal Lecter
    <skinning trainer>

Quote Originally Posted by trognar
    So, every other gathering profession has the ability to detect what they gather
    uh... my tailor gathers cloth... could someone let me know where that cloth detecting button is... please.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

As there's not a "no but Taurens should be skinnable" option, I chose the closest one... Skinning cows makes leather, right? So skinning bipedal cows should make bipedal leather!!! lolz

Taurens are cows and bulls that taught themselves how to walk up right ;D

ye why not give enchanters detect green blue items etc that way we only kill what we need right?

But if u need this than ur a complete moron and beside it will ruin ppl who take min/skin as dual profit.

15+ Year Old Account

Don't need the ability, but imo enemy pet's should be skinnable..

No. Just no. If you're making your profit skinning other peoples dead beasts then that's your own damn fault

Deleted

No need, i won't touch any rotten corpse someone else killed a couple of days ago..poor poor quality~

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bohb
    No. Just no. If you're making your profit skinning other peoples dead beasts then that's your own damn fault
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm?jss=0

Ever thought of it that I was doing that?

It's doesn't let me detect when I can harvest Bog Lords, or similar mobs..

So why Skinners should, I don't know.