Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dispersion in 5mans

... is liek teh best spell evah!

I finally managed to run a heroic without drinking a single time.

Re: Dispersion in 5mans

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    ... is liek teh best spell evah!

I finally managed to run a heroic without drinking a single time.
    Yea and the 3 min cd Shadow Fiend is golden. I found myself using only Dispersion in our sick run of BT(Which ended after great performance to a server crash -.-) and having no mana problems whatsoever.

I'm not even going to start with 5 mans ;P

Using shadowfiend on trash mobs is hard as they die in 3 hits

just pull two, let one tank your fiend and kill the other

The best thing about Dispersion is that it's an "Oh shit" button when you overaggro or walk into a group of mobs because you were too busy talking in gchat that you didn't even notice that you pulled that damn pack. And when it happens, hit dispersion and run back to your buddy tank. Awesome, but still.. it's not a dps spell and something should be done about it really. What pains me is that shadowform, our 31 pointer is becoming godlike talent (dot crits, lower threat, reduced physical dmg taken).

Quote Originally Posted by digie
    So we are supposed to do the same damage as everyone else and never worry about mana?
    We don't do the same damage as everyone else...

Quote Originally Posted by digie
    So we are supposed to do the same damage as everyone else and never worry about mana?
    We are supposed to do the same damage as everyone else and worry about mana to exactly the same extent. No more or less efficient or powerful.

That is the idea at least....

Im just wandering why they took off the healt regen of dispersion and gave it to Evocation trogh glyph just silly... And well to be honest redicilous

I'm getting a positive picture of Dispersion also. Not that bad when you can drink mana potion just once in a fight. Also saved my arse many times in BWL while we ran some of the achievements. :P

they took off the healing effect bacause your heal spells scale super good with spell damage now so healing as Spriest is completely possible. So now that you can heal yourself as if you were in heal gear why would you need healing you dont have to pay for... OP much?

If you didnt have time to do it right the first time, where are you going to find time to do it a second?

Quote Originally Posted by EbGbZ
    they took off the healing effect bacause your heal spells scale super good with spell damage now so healing as Spriest is completely possible. So now that you can heal yourself as if you were in heal gear why would you need healing you dont have to pay for... OP much?
    Cause we all know that the melee wont hit you when you start healing... They would go... Hey he dropped shadowform, then we hit like 15% harder... Hitting him would be WAY unfair, so lets just wait until he is maxed on hp... Specialy cause we got -50% healing debuff on him.
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

Lol !

Another thing is, comparing shadow priest with other hybrids like Paladin or Shaman (maybe druid), no other class has to switch the form for healing by loosing the advantages shadowform gives us. Ok, druids have to switch form as well, but switching their form is part of the druids class and the druid has not to spend so much mana for switching we have to.
    The burst of Loladins and Enhacenment Shamans is just rediculous at the moment and maybe they even heal better than we do.
    So my suggestion: Let us heal in shadow form or extremly reduce the mana for switching.

Again, things are balanced to 80. No complains about group-composition (and please, cut the ret-pala whines, WE KNOW!), before level 80.

I just was searching for the answer, why other classes, which do much more dmg than we do, get the additional advantage that they don't have to switch their form for healing or can switch it with less mana costs.
    My question for you: I really want to know how they want to balance this disadvantage at lv 80? If I had the choice between ve and healing in shadowform, it would take the last.
    I already mentioned in other threats that you seem to be happy with Dispersion but pls let us argue, why we don't like it.

The changes in 3.0.3 and how the stats are balanced on level 80 gear.

Alot of the new talents or abilities, like replenishment, is designed towards level 80 itemization. So you logically won't be able to get proper preformance out of it at level 70.

pls let us argue, why we don't like it.
    WTB proper arguments. Arguments like "ZOMG! it could be a spell that did damage!" is plain old useless.

And I think there been enough data to prove the dps loss by using it is so little it's irrelevant to talk about. (I posted alot, nobody posted anything to counter it.)

I agree with you in that point, but at lv 80 it will be the same, that they don't have to switch form and we have to. In my opinion there is no justified reason for this.

I also agree with you in that point that I don't think loosing some dps while using Dispersion is too hard. I just want to have back old one to make it usefull for pvp to give the shadow some Survivability.

(Feral)Druids shapeshift is more expensive than a shadowpriests shadowform (when comparing mana pools, not in terms of manacost)

I played feral druid up to M'uru before rolling priest. I wouldn't say it's that much different in the PvE cost, but the PvP one can hit feral alot harder.

You need to compare shadow against feral, rather than shadow against resto/balance if you want to compare against a druid.

But preferable, don't do class comparisions at all.

Maybe you are right, therefore I don't know enough about ferals, but you know that this wasn't my point.

Quote Originally Posted by EbGbZ
    Although shadowform has become a lot more crucial to the shadow priest, which means that dropping it for healing could be absolutely devastating in terms of winning an arena match. Sure you could put it up again, but that's 10% of your mana pool gone.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    (Feral)Druids shapeshift is more expensive than a shadowpriests shadowform (when comparing mana pools, not in terms of manacost)

I played feral druid up to M'uru before rolling priest. I wouldn't say it's that much different in the PvE cost, but the PvP one can hit feral alot harder.

You need to compare shadow against feral, rather than shadow against resto/balance if you want to compare against a druid.

But preferable, don't do class comparisions at all.

i do agree that classes skills and talents should not be compared, the only thing that should be compared between classes and specs should be the effect of all skills and talent together(effects like dps, hps, mana consumption/mana regen, survivability in diferent situations etc)

anyway priest shadow form cant be compared at all with druid shapes, priest has a "must use" form, while druid is a shapeshifter class, he has to shapeshift in pvp(especially as healers IMO)