Forget ret... Prot DPS is insane!

So, to screw around with the new changes, me and some guildies and friends decided to try ZA... we had a PUG huntard who was awful and wiped us on the eagle, and yet even after we pugged another mage, we managed to get the 4 timers, and just blew through everything.

of the 5 DPS we had, 3 were geared up to Illidan. At the end of the night, recount showed me with 23% of all the damage done that run, with the closest behind me being the warlock with 16%.

Insane.

Re: Forget ret... Prot DPS is insane!

Grrr, you're supposed to get upset when your schooling dps on the meter. I mean, trash I can understand but bosses? Bad bad dps.

Yes prot dps is great for solo'ing now but not THAT good.

Deleted

You're comparing apples and oranges here. With my protadin I pull about 400-450 dps against a single target, that's way less than any DPS/hybrid class does. But then again, prot paladins do cause a lot of damage in raids because they are the ones pulling stuff, they get to use aoe as often as they wish, and their fight durations last longer than the dps ones (due to actually getting to start the fight).

Sure, we do a lot more dps than before, but you can't quite compare it like that.

yeah, we did a speed run (had 19min on timer when 4th boss was dead)

decently geared players (hunter sucked tho)

finished 3rd in dmg for whole raid with an average of about 1000dps, and i pulled 1200 dps on halazzi alone (had both boss and the cat hitting on my holy shield tho)

and theat gen is amazing (still under warrior for single target tho, unless its a demon or undead, Sor will fix that i guess)

prot pally is really fun to play now.

When you start to drastically outgear content then the dps challenge becomes fun.

See if you could bring 600-700 spell damage to a heroic and watch the meters only during boss fights.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchimitch
    prot pally is really fun to play now.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    You're comparing apples and oranges here. With my protadin I pull about 400-450 dps against a single target, that's way less than any DPS/hybrid class does. But then again, prot paladins do cause a lot of damage in raids because they are the ones pulling stuff, they get to use aoe as often as they wish, and their fight durations last longer than the dps ones (due to actually getting to start the fight).

Sure, we do a lot more dps than before, but you can't quite compare it like that.

Actually, my average DPS at the end of the night was 1158. Using Rising Tide as a threat weapon with an adamantite sharpening stone on it, str food, scrolls, etc.

Pally tank was putting out 1300 dps avg. last night. His threat was insane.

Quote Originally Posted by rgeist554
    Pally tank was putting out 1300 dps avg. last night. His threat was insane.
    We went SWP yesterday evening. My prot pally was dealing insane dmg during trash (1.4k-2k dps) and 1.2 k on Kalecgos.
    At brutallus i switched to heal gear and did mt healing with a total of 2.5 k HPS.

prot pally is now SO much fun to play! (well i liked him anyway but this now is amazing!)

And in this next patch they're making hammer of the righteous do 4x weapon damage instead of 3x... insane.

I did a herioc today with my retri pally.
    I was second behind a SWP geared rogue. Number 3 was a SWP geared protec pally. Mage 4th.
    I haven't that good gear, still some greens and blues.
    So i still like Retri damage and survival skills more but as soons as dual spec comes i will be Protec as off spec.
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

Deleted

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but my average dps on my prot paladin is about 450 :/ True enough, I'm only equipped with Kara epicses, but I am not getting those insane numbers everyone else seems to be getting.

Stood in the Fire DaveTheHunter's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I've had similar experiences in Sunwell. Insane amounts of dps, big crits flying, tps through the roof, and surprisingly I took less damage on brut than my equivalently geared warrior MT.

As far as pvp goes... I just laugh everytime i'm doing dailies on the island (I can actually do them eficiently as prot now! yay!) and some poor schmuck decides i'm easy pickings cause i'm a prot pally. I have not been killed by a ganker once since the patch hit.

I even had a bugged out hunter encounter yesterday. He jumped me while i was killing one of those robot things on the island. So I kill the robot then proceed to make him wish he had picked on someone else. I go on my way questing, and i see him res and drink. I, of course, had to rub it in that he failed so I laughed at him, then went on to another robot. At which point he tried to attack me again. Well, this time, just to mess with him more, I kill his pet first. Here's where the bugged part comes in. IT RESPAWNS AFTER I KILL IT AS A LVL 70 ELITE KING BANGALESH. I was like... wtf.... oh well, i'll kill it again. So i killed the lvl 70 elite that magically spawned, then proceeded to kill the hunter. THAT is how OP prot pallies are in pvp. Casters are a little harder to deal with, but still manageable.

It's just amazing that not only can I tank like a champ, I can throw on healing gear prot spec and heal like a champ, I can defend myself in pvp, but I can also go into bg's and perform very respectably. I have never lost a duel to a melee class, even one of my guild's dual glaive rogues.

I loved playing a prot pally before and now I love it even more.

Funny thing about prot dps was that they used to have the one ret spell damage talent low enough in the tre to be able to grab both the stam spell damage boost and the attack power one. Wear that stuff plus spell power gear had vengeance ticking for ungodly amounts. That is why they moved the ret one down so far in the tree

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis

Clearly a modified image! The Alliance doesn't win ABs! Least, not in my battlegroup :< (often).
    If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Water is Life