Thread: Tanking

Tanking

Can someone please compare and contrast tanking as a Paladin Vs Warrior or maybe all the tanking classes?

I normally tank with a druid, so my rotations are fairly simple with fast and furious lacerates in between. Leveling a warrior I found that the rotations are nearly identical. Instead of bear form mangle i was shield slamming, thunderclappign where i used to swipe, and instead of lacerate i was devastating. I don't think my fingers are going to be able to take much more of this button mashing.

I'm somewhat unfamiliar with Paladin. I've tanked low lvl instances but it seems to have a much more relaxed feel to it. What do you guys think for 70-80 Tankadin?

Re: Tanking

at L18-40 its just spam conscration and judgement
    at 40+ its holy shield + conscration and judgement
    at 60 u add hammer of the righteous altso
    so at 60+ u use holyshied, judgement, hamer of the righteous and consecration

i like the pala tanking rlly much, never rlly lvl a warrior to a high lvl but its easier to keep aggro with my pala then with my druid 8thats atm L42)

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

When engaging a boss its,

Wings, Holy Shield, AS

Hammer, Judge, HS, Consercration.

As for the exact rotation it depends on if you have imp judgement, or if you glyph your consercration.

Then you do Shield,

and spam hammer of wrath, when its below 20percent.

Pally tanking can definitely be more interesting imo.

Instead of watching the same 3-4 abilities for CD's and/or proper use...you can just go crazy with any and everything you have and do fine.

There's an art to it for sure...but for the most part you just go nuts with seals/judge's...consecration...Avenger's Shield, Hammer of the Righteous, Holy Shield, Holy Wrath/Exorcism if applicable, it's just alot of fun.

Very rarely will you not be using something and you will probably never do the same thing twice before you do 6 other things in between.

Warrior tanking has changed alot now but i played my friends warrior once tanking in bwl and multi target tanking was mad hard. Pally is much easier so it gives you a chance to play around a bit more with your favorite things and rotations without changing threat production much.

If you didnt have time to do it right the first time, where are you going to find time to do it a second?

Quote Originally Posted by Gomexus
    Pally tanking can definitely be more interesting imo.

Instead of watching the same 3-4 abilities for CD's and/or proper use...you can just go crazy with any and everything you have and do fine.

There's an art to it for sure...but for the most part you just go nuts with seals/judge's...consecration...Avenger's Shield, Hammer of the Righteous, Holy Shield, Holy Wrath/Exorcism if applicable, it's just alot of fun.

Very rarely will you not be using something and you will probably never do the same thing twice before you do 6 other things in between.
    That is pretty much what I do. I mess with bar mods and change my UI a lot. So buttons etc are usually never in the same place twice. However they all more or less generate enough aggro if you cycle through them all..

Dont forget the undead button for undead mobs thats a nice threat generator... I wonder why the HHM is not cosidered undead???
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Got a warr druid and pally all tanking specced.

Gotta say i like warr most of those possble drood can compair but drood have so few skills to use wich make it rather simple/booring.

Dashivas prot warrior
    Avidha Prot paladin
    Daghain feral druid (tank)
    Soultheifs Frost DK (tank)
    Draghkar hunter
    Shayol Holy preist
    Shivaa resto shaman

All located on Vek'nilash