Improved Vampiric Embrace weird..

Improved Vampiric Embrace now increases the healing received from Vampiric Embrace by 33/66%. (Up from 5/10%)

I think i dont understant it or that change is to big
    from 5/10 to 33/66%

But the rest changes is nerf, i dont understand it really first they are dissapointed about priest damage now they nerf it.

Hmm...

Re: Improved Vampiric Embrace weird..

VE : 15 % self 3% group base

imp ve : increases ve by 33% / 66%
    1 point in imp : 15% self * 1.33 = around 20 group 3% *1.33 = about 4
    2 point in imp : 15% self * 1.66 = around 25 group 3% *1.66 = about 5

- Edit:
    ve : self 15% group 3%
    (1)imp ve: self 20% group 4%
    (2)imp ve: self 25% group 5%
    I'm not sure what you mean by the rest of the changes is nerf, base dmg of dp has been slightly lowered, but also if you get the talent all your dots do a lot more dmg so overal it is a dps buff?

- Edit: typo x2 >.<
    This user has been permanently banned because the moderator doesn't like warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by ishy
    VE : 15 % self 3% group base

imp ve : increases ve by 33% / 66%
    1 point in imp : 15% self * 1.33 = around 20 group 3% *1.33 = about 4
    2 point in imp : 15% self * 1.66 = around 25 group 3% *1.66 = about 5

- Edit:
    ve : self 15% group 3%
    (1)imp ve: self 20% group 4%
    (2)imp ve: self 20% group 5%
    I'm not sure what you mean by the rest of the cahnges is nerf, base dmg of dp has been slightly lowered, but also if you get the talent all your dots do a lot more dmg so overal it is a dps buff?
    thx

Quote Originally Posted by ishy
    ...base dmg of dp has been slightly lowered...
    It's coefficient was also doubled so this "nerf" was to compensate for that, overall it's a buff (depending on your gear I guess)

Shadow Priest did too much healing at level 80 with VE as it was. Even in sunwell shadow priest totally annihilates the healing meter and it's plainly wrong. We got significant buff now (crit that affects dots damage, larger coefficients at VT and DP).
    Crit looks viable, which means we can finally look into crit gear also, not only spellpower and haste one. More crit, more dot dmg, more chance for larger IST uptime. PvE-wise it seems ok.

Looks promising, it's time to test a bit to see how exactly we will scale with these changes.

A 3000 DPS Shadow Priest was bringing 750HPS. You put 2-3 in a group with your tank, that's 1500-2250 HPS. That's fucking insane... you pretty much wouldn't need a dedicated healer on the tank. VE was in a sense blocking us from gaining higher DPS. Now, with this "nerf", the sky is the limit to our DPS. They can now scale us better and not worry about our VE becoming to powerful and trivializing content.

But the rest changes is nerf, i dont understand it really first they are dissapointed about priest damage now they nerf it.
    Everything else are buffs. Plague will gain more from your spellpower, so they dropped the base ranks down a tad... you will end up seeing an improvement in overall damage dealt with the new coeffecient.

Crit looks viable, which means we can finally look into crit gear also, not only spellpower and haste one. More crit, more dot dmg, more chance for larger IST uptime. PvE-wise it seems ok.
    It also creates greater scaling with Intellect. Intellect is our best mana regen stat with the recent spirit changes. The higher we get our mana pool from intellect, the more mana we receive from replinish, shadowfiend, spirit and dispersion(lol). Intellect will scale more as it also gives us higher crit chance... which inturn, will increase the damage of our dots. Purple gems with Spellpower and Intellect, I plan to stack.

Quote Originally Posted by felix8024
    Improved Vampiric Embrace now increases the healing received from Vampiric Embrace by 33/66%. (Up from 5/10%)

from 5/10 to 33/66%

Hmm...
    More of blizzard confusing the community. Why not just saying increases healing to your self by X/X and to party by X/X? Less confusing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Because... the game is Rated 14. Anyone over 14 should have the education level to know 3 x 1.66 and 15 x 1.66 to get what the talent is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Because... the game is Rated 14. Anyone over 14 should have the education level to know 3 x 1.66 and 15 x 1.66 to get what the talent is doing.
    You fail to realize people are lazy. Very, very, very lazy. What math? Screw that I wanna pew pew. FRANKY POST ON A FORUM FOR ME AND FIGURE THIS OUT THX.
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

It's simple people.

They just changed the talent to give more healing, since they'll nerf the coffiency on the main spell.

Don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    It's simple people.

They just changed the talent to give more healing, since they'll nerf the coffiency on the main spell.

Don't worry.
    It heals for the same amount on yourself just lower to your group. Its actually giving less.

Quote Originally Posted by felix8024

from 5/10 to 33/66%

Hmm...
    1: How can adding a third be too difficult to understand? Especially as we knew what the ned levels would be anyway.

2: Please show me any nerfs? This development has MASSIVELY improved our DPS and scaling.

Wouldn't really bother mentioning it as a nerf. And go see new changes again, they're just buffs.