Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Boomkin > Everything in the game WHY!?

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC

ppl are QQing about raid damage because...
    1) epeen
    2) raid slots
    3) pve dps can translate partially into pvp damage
    4) epeen
    Forgot number 5

epeen

well so far only resto was strong , now we have both op feral and op balance trees

this game has become world of hybrid craft and i personally dont like it ;/
    whats the point of palying pure class if u can go hybrid and have class change with each respecc and each talent tree contains what pure class has to get in all 3 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Darhaja
    bad math ur doing 1.5.... its 150% sooo 100 haste rating = 250 after the buff or 300 haste rating 150% = 750 haste dunno how u got 1.5 or 15% anywhere its giving u 150% more haste from the haste u already have why do ppl try to always complicate things.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Pet management ? At least you have that, our pets don't have a pet bar

Waiting for Eclipse is annoying for my taste, so I'm just going to skip that talent, even if it is a 500 dps loss, I don't care.

Dyo, if Balance does 3000 DPS, "pure" DPS classes will do more than 3000 DPS, that's a promise, of course, as long as both players are capable of playing their class to the fullest..

And we'll just see about that, I'm willing to bet my life on it and you won't see a drastic decrease in "pure" DPS classes, it's going to be roughly the same, except that Ferals (for example) won't be laughed at when they ask for an invite for a raid/heroic/whatever as DPS.

I bet you "pure" classes enjoyed that, right ?

having to spam and wait for something to proc doesnt make your rotation more complex, it makes it more dependent on the RNG

Quote Originally Posted by Faeker
    I'm not sure why so many people QQ about different classes in the game. As far as PVE is concerned, the more damage or healing or protection any class can do, the better it is for the raid. It seems that some people are so god damn concerned about their own DPS/DMG so much that they could give a shit if it's helping out the raid as a whole. Since patch I've moved from about 6th place on the meters to 1st/2nd...and my guild was ecstatic. No one QQ'd about how OP I was. They were happy that there was more damage happening. So piss off on QQ'ing about moonkins in PVE; we're helping the raid out.
    I'm pretty sure that all the mages that were left out in SWP were cheering for the locks/hunters/... Or that the healers that got no raid spots were applauding the aesthetics of the resto shammies performance.

Just as you would probably love that the DPS off all classes and specs but your own class went up by 100%.

Or not.

Classes reflect roles. Those should be balanced.

If (I sauy IF), moonkins are above or at the same level as pure DPS classes they should (and most likely will) be nerfed. They should be competitive though.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbiz
    Pet management ? At least you have that, our pets don't have a pet bar

Waiting for Eclipse is annoying for my taste, so I'm just going to skip that talent, even if it is a 500 dps loss, I don't care.
    My problem with it is that things that proc (like the SSO pendant, for example) only seem to do it at the worst times. It happens either when I can't do anything for that period of time (webbed, stunned, gotta move cause of fire) or on my last shot before the mob falls.

I hate proc-based things. I honestly would take something that's altogether less DPS just because I don't want that situation to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbiz
    Moonkin is a pure DPS spec, boo-hoo.
    How many healing spells to Moonkins have, even when specced fully into balance?

4-5?

Quote Originally Posted by datalore
    How many healing spells to Moonkins have, even when specced fully into balance?

4-5?
    None, technically.

Moonkin can't cast Healing Spells, you gotta go back to Caster Form to do so. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrostemplar
    I'm pretty sure that all the mages that were left out in SWP were cheering for the locks/hunters/... Or that the healers that got no raid spots were applauding the aesthetics of the resto shammies performance.

Just as you would probably love that the DPS off all classes and specs but your own class went up by 100%.

Or not.

If (I sauy IF), moonkins are above or at the same level as pure DPS classes they should (and most likely will) be nerfed. They should be competitive though.

wont happen

again blizzard stated there pure dps specs will all do equal damage
    if you spec fully into a dps tree even as a hybrid you will do full dps damage

that being said blizzard is doing their best to make everyones dps EQUAL at 80 with same level gear, however one of the things they cant test is how well those classes will scale with newer tiers (even if there are a couple tiers in beta).

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC

wont happen

again blizzard stated there pure dps specs will all do equal damage
    if you spec fully into a dps tree even as a hybrid you will do full dps damage

that being said blizzard is doing their best to make everyones dps EQUAL at 80 with same level gear, however one of the things they cant test is how well those classes will scale with newer tiers (even if there are a couple tiers in beta).

Actually, according to GC, Hybrids will do less damage by a couple hundred DPS at 80. It won't be entirely detectable, though, because of gear/skill disparities and also a luck factor (the Rogue that gets webbed 4 times on Maexxna, the Hunter whose pet gets owned by AoE)

Or not.
    Well, I'm not speaking for other guilds out there, but the guild I'm in doesn't really leave people out just because they play a certain class. We're not a hardcore raiding guild. We take any class where ever we go because we like the player and we just work with what we have. We have fun and could care less if the raid makeup is the most optimal one possible.

Deleted

Well congrats boomkins now the tards are all on you :P

I got a plan ! all pure dps classes should form a facist group and start killing every hybrid they see.
    after a few months all hybryds well get owned sooo much they will quit wow and We pure dps classes will be owning again !

Mwhuhahahaha

greetz random rogue

Or not.

Wow I agree, altho' I'd just quickly toss in that lvl 80 is where it mainly should be found, but present in a lesser degree anywhere else. =P

I got a plan ! all pure dps classes should form a facist group and start killing every hybrid they see.
    after a few months all hybryds well get owned sooo much they will quit wow and We pure dps classes will be owning again !

Mwhuhahahaha

greetz random rogue
    Muahaha and we shall elect one to lead them all, and call him "Der Führer!".

Quote Originally Posted by Talrey
    Actually, according to GC, Hybrids will do less damage by a couple hundred DPS at 80. It won't be entirely detectable, though, because of gear/skill disparities and also a luck factor (the Rogue that gets webbed 4 times on Maexxna, the Hunter whose pet gets owned by AoE)
    Ghostcrawler's words:

We mean unless you are spec’d for healing or tanking, then your dps should be “close” to another class with the same gear and skill.

Or if it helps to understand the point better, our design used to be that the dps of classes that didn’t do anything but dps was much higher than the dps of classes that brought great buffs. The latter paid a “hybrid penalty tax” if you will. We can no longer guarantee your buff will be uber or that it won’t be overwritten. Therefore, if we had not made any other changes, we figured the result would be just enough classes to bring the buffs, and then stacking the rest of the raid with very high dps classes like rouges. No offense to the rogues, but we didn’t want to see every raids with 10 rogues. In short, we are no longer using the “hybrid penalty tax” design philosophy and we want everyone doing dps to dps a lot closer to each other.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    It clearly states anyone that brings anything but pure dps is counted as some kind of hybrid, this basically includes every class.
    It also states he doesn't want there to be a gap, even though people keep saying he does.

Just get it through your thick skulls if a moonkin heals he loses a lot of utility, mana regen, spellpower, armour, a shitload of mana and insanely much dps. This will reflect in dps meters putting him far behind a pure dps who doesn't have to do anything but fart lazers.
    If a moonkin respecs to resto he won't dps anymore either, so it's not an utility he brings he just wastes less time for the raid who would have to bring in a new player otherwise. (For the dual spec whiners around there ...)

I don't understand why people cry if a moonkin DOES the exact 100% damage of a pure damage class. Say you like the spec/abilities of a moonkin more than a mage, you have to choose a mage just because it's not a hybrid to do okay damage? That's bullshit.

If you don't want to dps 24/7, don't roll a pure damage class. You have 3 different damage specs, often providing different utilities to a raid and having different rotations, which is a nice change. A hybrid has ONE dps spec, ONE tanking spec, ONE healing spec, etcetera. You have three as well, they're just different and you know this when choosing what class to play. If you want a hybrid, choose a hybrid but there is only one way to tank, one way to dps and one way to heal.

I agree if a moonkin has the ability versus an equal geared rogue (or any viable dps spec) providing they both know their class is doing significantly more damage than said rogue that is not a good thing. But just because we're hybrids you wanna put us UNDER dps classes? That's bullshit. Anyone choosing to DPS regardless of class should be competetive, most pure dps classes have also been awarded some sort of raid utility that most of them did not have before, making them get more raid spots as well.

If I spec moonkin my healing will be insignificant, only decent enough to heal myself or support healing for a little while before I oom, by speccing moonkin I am a damage dealer, not a healer or a tank, and I can't do those roles decently in that spec. Again you have three different specs, and so do we, stop fucking crying.

Pre-patch balance wasn't even a bit viable versus pure damage classes, and that's what everyone is used to. We were rubbish, and now that we can finally keep up, people want us gone again, we're just furry birds who are supposed to dance in orgrimmar. We can't raid, no no no.

I love the arrogance in pure damage classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravelchris
    I don't understand why people cry if a moonkin DOES the exact 100% damage of a pure damage class. Say you like the spec/abilities of a moonkin more than a mage, you have to choose a mage just because it's not a hybrid to do okay damage? That's bullshit.

If you don't want to dps 24/7, don't roll a pure damage class. You have 3 different damage specs, often providing different utilities to a raid and having different rotations, which is a nice change. A hybrid has ONE dps spec, ONE tanking spec, ONE healing spec, etcetera. You have three as well, they're just different and you know this when choosing what class to play. If you want a hybrid, choose a hybrid but there is only one way to tank, one way to dps and one way to heal.

I agree if a moonkin has the ability versus an equal geared rogue (or any viable dps spec) providing they both know their class is doing significantly more damage than said rogue that is not a good thing. But just because we're hybrids you wanna put us UNDER dps classes? That's bullshit. Anyone choosing to DPS regardless of class should be competetive, most pure dps classes have also been awarded some sort of raid utility that most of them did not have before, making them get more raid spots as well.

If I spec moonkin my healing will be insignificant, only decent enough to heal myself or support healing for a little while before I oom, by speccing moonkin I am a damage dealer, not a healer or a tank, and I can't do those roles decently in that spec. Again you have three different specs, and so do we, stop fucking crying.

Pre-patch balance wasn't even a bit viable versus pure damage classes, and that's what everyone is used to. We were rubbish, and now that we can finally keep up, people want us gone again, we're just furry birds who are supposed to dance in orgrimmar. We can't raid, no no no.

I love the arrogance in pure damage classes.
    It's cause they all want to be on top of the damage meter, like being on top of a dps meter means they're better than everyone else...

i had 40% of all teh dps in hc ramps the other day i had 7 7.5k crits in a row... imba...
    but i can see the difference in pvp also
    u cyclone then BAM starfire+typhoon+moonfire then wrath the way out i kill most pvp healers like this.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling, due to the following post:
    "- making ur pet stronger than a warrior and getting bladestorm and all those cool attacks and yea dont forget that the warlock should get 2 talent points instead of 1 every level."

Quote Originally Posted by Calios
    I will kill you if u tell that WARLOCK is OP now ... rly
    Warlock is OP
    /cast Divine shield
    /use Hearthstone
    :-*

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrune
    It's cause they all want to be on top of the damage meter, like being on top of a dps meter means they're better than everyone else...
    Sad but lucky it dosent make player the best...