Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Vamperic Touch dmg

So i just logged on beta, specced into shadow straight away, went to test some dps with the target dummy, and i was getting 1.4k vamperic touch ticks :O Pretty sure this won't make it live by wotlk release, it seems very high to be honest. (i was in premade gear btw)

Re: Vamperic Touch dmg

Well they doubled the coefficient and gave extra % dmg = to your crit chance so it's entirely possible that's exactly where they want it to be at.

Have to get outta the mindset that SPriest =/= damage

revel in our new destructive powers!

1.4k at level 80 doesn't sound that bad...

Coming from a re-rolled t5 Warr/s3 shoulder hunter/ and soon to be 70 Priest for Wotlk....this is honestly like awesome. Everytime a roll a class they buff the one spec I'm gonna be using the most, I love you Blizzard.

But yes, this is an awesome loving to Spriests. (Almost as good as the new South Park on comedy network last night).
    L2P or GTFO
    - Gear isn't free, earn it
    - I also have opinions regarding this game, you're not special
    - LFG Heroics.

The dmg of VT sounds good, but overall a Shadow is way behind all other dmg classes. Sucks a little bit...

1400 tic isn't really that big at level 80. Remember how it used to tic pre-tbc when new talents came back then? Or just compare it to other classes damage scaling. You'll notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloro
    I call your comment and raise you

Source on that chart? Not calling you out or anything, I just want to see where it comes from and how it compares to hunters and melee DPS.

Some guys just keep popping "theorycrafted" stuff and what amazes me, they don't even bloody care about their results having nowhing in common with reality.
    Similiar ultra full of math "project" on shadowpriest com ended with "we do good DPS and scale fine". This was BEFORE insane buffs. Results were based on yet another "I show you semirandom values" theorycrafting proggy.

So, please, keep those charts for yourself, come back when you have WWS or similiar.

Quote Originally Posted by shyg
    Source on that chart? Not calling you out or anything, I just want to see where it comes from and how it compares to hunters and melee DPS.
    Shadowpriest.com

http://shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.ph...=16804&start=0

Kartu, simulation craft estimately shows us what we can do, what are our limits and it lets us know what's best for us. Talking about spellrotation here, remove one spell and you might see huge improvement / lose on Damage per Second.
    As example, how about you go DPS target dummy with 10000 diffirent spellrotates and 5 other classes?

Won't even bother pasting WWS reports here, they don't differ that much from that chart that guy just posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Masennus
    Kartu, simulation craft estimately shows us what we can do, what are our limits and it let's us know what's best for us. Talking about spellrotation here, remove one spell and you might see huge improvement / lose on Damage per Second.

Just like "we" noticed on SW, it drops off from our spellrotation.
    Mate, math is good and right (and I am for it), but when simcraft results are totally different from "real life" (yeah, real life MMO game, right) results we should maybe stop using mentioned results as a proof, don't you think? How come we scaled "fine" (concluson based on simcrafting) and then Ghostcrawler (I won't talk about Koraa stating quite the opposite) comes and says: "dudes, we've tested it and SPs DPS sucks and in end game even more so". Which translates into:

1) Our dps is far from OK
    2) Our scaling is far from OK (else difference won't be bigger end game)

your thoughts?

You're right. As far as I got it, SimCraft isn't "live" with new changes and other classes changed too among us. Game and this so called "balance" mutates all the time. But if I get it right, GC didn't bug with SimCraft (Read: not at all) but followed in-game stats as he should have. And as we scaled "fine", our talents got changed, skills got balanced and other classes had that too.

So far SimCraft lets the player community see where are we really going. I'm myself not that much into SC but I like to follow statistics.

I see your point here so won't bug anymore with it. It's just a game afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloro
    Thats not an accurate chart, or no where near accurate. No shadow priest can reach over 3k dps on beta.

Yup, they can't. Haven't seen the code but is critical stat set to 100%?

Of course it's not, that chart is including the announced buffs to VT and Shadowform, and in full (FULL) T7 gear.

The point is that it shows how we can or should be performing in a perfect situation, which is what theorycraft deals with and the main strength of it. Sure live results in the same situation will be a bit lower, due to movement or stuns or pushback or lag spikes or the person playing on the other end doesn't know for sure what they're doing, but that's not what theorycraft deals in.

Meh, forgot that they ran it with full t7 gear stats. Explains alot of it : d

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetoez
    Thats not an accurate chart, or no where near accurate. No shadow priest can reach over 3k dps on beta.
    Have you checked the gear upon which that chart is based?

Or the raid setup? The consumables?

All these things are factored in, along with the new changes in the new build.

Quote Originally Posted by Masennus
    Meh, forgot that they ran it with full t7 gear stats. Explains alot of it : d
    im in the beta, i raid with full t7 people and never have i seen a SP over 2500.

i did 2000dps @ Brut @lvl 70 ... :O

Quote Originally Posted by MMage
    im in the beta, i raid with full t7 people and never have i seen a SP over 2500.
    That doesn't tell us anything. What was the gear like? What stats were they weighting and in what manner? What was their latency? Working DoT timers? Using Quartz? What was their "rotation?" Did they include SWD? Did they try and clip Mind Flays? Did they take into consideration the SWP+Weaving bug? What was the raid makeup? Were they in range of all the buffs? What consumables were they using? Were they pre-using Destro pots to have a second cooldown up in the fight? How long was the fight? Were they in a group with drums?

I could keep going, but you get my point. They all have an impact on DPS output. And again, that's not taking into consideration that the chart has 2 *huge* buffs to shadow that aren't in live or beta yet.