I'm afraid the paladin nerfs are unjustified

But not un-necessary....

As a ret paladin i do feel things need to be toned down a bit...however my concern is paladins are OP now, at level 70. But what about 80?

We all saw what happened before burning crusade when they nerfed crusader strike at 60 because it was OP. When rets hit 70, the spec was lost because of the nerf and being too over presumptuous. This is where im getting a little concerned. Blizzard is over reacting before they know how things are going to play out. And if ret does get nerfed, because everything is out of wack another class will take its place.

I think most of the bitching about ret comes from people who still really really want the spec to be a joke. And that they don't want to learn to fight a new class spec that they previously didn't have to contend with.

What are you guys going to do when unholy death knights start spawning in PvP? You going to bitch about them too? Cause they swing their weapons once and you now have 5 DoT's eating away at you, with scourge strike doing you in the ass. You going to complain about unholy cause you have to learn to fight them?

Re: I'm afraid the paladin nerfs are unjustified

The biggest problem with the "hey nurf da pallyz plz thx" screamers is that they don't realize that:

1. Talents in the 3.0 Patch are for Level 80 -> Dudes... One month and of you go towards 80, think about it.
    2. Equip. PvP nowadays is about resilence - most of the QQs come from green/blue/kara equipped whiners thinking their equip is OP. Sorry, that is totaly wrong. Get yourself S3/S4 and then try again.

Thank you.

at least with death knights they actually have to hit you, not coat you up with dots like lets say a priest or lock and run away like a bitch. Then brag about how much damage they are putting out in a bg...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoten
    But not un-necessary....

As a ret paladin i do feel things need to be toned down a bit...however my concern is paladins are OP now, at level 70. But what about 80?

We all saw what happened before burning crusade when they nerfed crusader strike at 60 because it was OP. When rets hit 70, the spec was lost because of the nerf and being too over presumptuous. This is where im getting a little concerned. Blizzard is over reacting before they know how things are going to play out. And if ret does get nerfed, because everything is out of wack another class will take its place.

I think most of the bitching about ret comes from people who still really really want the spec to be a joke. And that they don't want to learn to fight a new class spec that they previously didn't have to contend with.

What are you guys going to do when unholy death knights start spawning in PvP? You going to bitch about them too? Cause they swing their weapons once and you now have 5 DoT's eating away at you, with scourge strike doing you in the ass. You going to complain about unholy cause you have to learn to fight them?
    You havent read the changes, have you?

They are nerfing your ability to wtfburst down targets within 4secs and making it more over time, you never run oom unless you suck or get mana burn spammed so this isnt bad for you, just harder. Paladins now are like old-school shamans with WF, no one will ever forget Theunbreakable vid runing around with sulfuras proccing WF within the WF, it feels like that now with palas.

Paladins will be fine at 80, and after the change they will be ok at 70 aswell. (I've played a pala for a long time, dont worry. so you wount get the satisfaction claiming I never played a pala and should stfu.) The only way for me to kill a paladin (as a rogue) now is to stunlock to death and run away when you bubble. Else i'm dead, no matter what.

You're OP, people will flame as they allways do and QQ about overpoweredness, live with it.

Ret at 70 = ret at 80 FYI

I've actually seen 70 ret paladins beat 80 warriors/rogues/hunters.

You have to be fucking kidding me? You think that gibbing people is just? No, not it is not.

And to people that say, its the people in blues/greens/kara gear, no im in full S4 and I got bursted down within seconds by a ret paladin I pvp with. Its not balanced. Also, someone up top mentioned, omg its lvl 80 talents because 3.0, by your terrible and retarded logic, that means warriors, hunters, priests, shamans, rogues, warlocks, mages, and druids, should ALL be able to do that because we are playing with lvl 80 talents, but we cant, face the facts, your class is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCDante

Dam they must be some big time Nubs, to lose to a lvl 70 Paladin

hehe

PS: Yes I detected Sarcasm so no flames
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Quote Originally Posted by DMCDante

And before the changes i saw 55 lock take down 70 ret pallies dos that mean they need nerfs... no

bad players are bad players stopp QQing you whiiny children.

If you didnt have time to do it right the first time, where are you going to find time to do it a second?

Deleted

Would you cut the ret paladin whine threads already. Geez.