Question about SoC and SoM.

So I did BT the other day. There were two retribution Paladins. I was doing SoM and he was doing SoC. Later in the week this other person tells me "hey you know that seal of command is the pve seal right?".

I was like "wth? No it isn't SoC is for burst for pvp, while Martyr is for more sustained damage. Then the person goes on saying "oh well then why was he 3rd in dps and you were 10th"?

*this is something I didn't say to that person that I forgot to mention* Well everyone's dps was SOO close to each other everyone kept going up and down, I didn't know it was a bad thing to be 100-dps away from a person 5 spots above you...

Now for what I replied, I told the person that, well the other paladin is more geared, he has other dps toons so he knows what stats to work with. I in the other hand have never dpsed before and I just pretty much started gathering gear not too long ago and tha was for mainly Strenght/AP. The other pallie had agil and hit rating.

So with this I ask, did I happen to dps less on SoM than my friend on SoC because of gear?

*this was on BT btw*

Re: Question about SoC and SoM.

In the tests I've personally done i was getting marginally more dps from seal of command.

5-5 minutes tests with each seal i averaged 75.6 more dps with SoC.

This is with the glyph of course.