Rogue Hit Cap? in 3.0.2

Hey, I was just wondering if the hitcap was reduced in last patch and if how much hit do you need to be capped?

Re: Rogue Hit Cap? in 3.0.2

24% is hit cap still for dual wielding

215 minus whatever applicable buffs/debuffs is the spell (poison) cap. That's the new soft cap for hit.

It's still the same, though for some builds it is less beneficial to get the true cap.
    it's about 365 or something with talents.

The new poison cap is NOT the melee hit cap.
    80 Rogue - Barristan of Spinebreaker (main)
    70 Warlock - Petyr of Spinebreaker
    70 Druid - Kathrisper of Spinebreaker

I dont care what they say. The hit is still the same and should be around 340 (no need to cap it 100%).

I used 250 hit and accourding to my WWS I had a 8% missrate!!. Changed it to 300 and got it down to 3%. Still not happy, when we do as much dmg as we rogues do 1% is alot. So I am going to aim for 320-340.

Personal opinion
    Impossible is NOTHING!

Quote Originally Posted by remanis
    I dont care what they say. The hit is still the same and should be around 340 (no need to cap it 100%).

I used 250 hit and accourding to my WWS I had a 8% missrate!!. Changed it to 300 and got it down to 3%. Still not happy, when we do as much dmg as we rogues do 1% is alot. So I am going to aim for 320-340.

Personal opinion
    Your personal opinion is wrong. Once you pass 215, you gain more benefit by stacking other stats. Yes, it's nice to not miss. But swapping out gems or higher quality gear with less hit for, say, agility will be a much larger dps increase. It's called a "soft cap" for a reason.

This still depends on if you're combat or mutilate spec. Hit is less important for mutilate specs past the poison hit cap than crit. Combat still benefits from hit over the poison hit cap more because of Combat potency but less than prepatch due to the changed mechanics of WF. If you're using the SS glyph (for a combat build you should be) crit gains importance for combat builds.

I have no idea about exact number and I don't really care until I hit 80, but these are a few thoughts.

save your time, go read this : http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=21074.0

you are welcome.