Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: How many of you have been Knocked off cliffs?

my druid typhoon'ed 3 defending LM off the cliff and took it... He typhoon'ed 2 in the middle of EOTS at a time. And typhoon'ed 2 out of a bunker which got me the av allstar.

my bro and i run across the bridge in AV and both blew thunderstorm one after the other and knocked about 10 alli off, was pretty funny
    Asus Z270-AR Prime
    i7-7700K - NZXT Kraken x61
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
    GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme
    XPG GAMMIX 1TB NVMe M.2 (2)
    Corsair Air 540 case

There is a cliff by the Mage Tower in Borean Tundra.

An epic battle between Alliance and Horde was taking place there, and I had about 3 Horde on me, and needless to say, as a Fire Mage, I was going down fast.

They had a spriest who was MFing me right next to the cliff, so right before I died I Blast Waved his ass off the cliff and he plummeted to his death on the ledge a hundred yards below.

GOOD TIMES!

Quote Originally Posted by Willem
    There is a cliff by the Mage Tower in Borean Tundra.

An epic battle between Alliance and Horde was taking place there, and I had about 3 Horde on me, and needless to say, as a Fire Mage, I was going down fast.

They had a spriest who was MFing me right next to the cliff, so right before I died I Blast Waved his ass off the cliff and he plummeted to his death on the ledge a hundred yards below.

GOOD TIMES!

The priest fails for not having the Levitate Minor Glyph.

Best minor glyph in the game.

Same annoying shit like in Warhammer Online.
    Just glad I got Warbringer and Spellreflect to kill those noobs.
    Never got killed by the Knockback. Until now at leat. It will happen some time.
    But more annoying is the fact that every idiot uses knockback just before im going to shockwave a pack of mobs. It really sucks when you are trying to tank stuff....

im using my shammy only to farm gold from dailies atm but ive seen a movie where 1 shaman knocks whole alliance TB raid of the elevator and kills them all ;p
    pretty lolish ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Darhaja
    bad math ur doing 1.5.... its 150% sooo 100 haste rating = 250 after the buff or 300 haste rating 150% = 750 haste dunno how u got 1.5 or 15% anywhere its giving u 150% more haste from the haste u already have why do ppl try to always complicate things.

1 Time, Was about to cap LM, when some freaking shaman came and owned me :< (had intercept on CD)

I have been doing plenty of PvP since 3.0 hit and I have yet to be knocked off anything of note yet. Then again as a Hunter I am at range and less risk than melee of being effected.

Once, on my priest.... thankfully I had Glyph of Levitate so no harm done!

Original creator of the PointlessThread++;

Quote Originally Posted by ToxTheWrecker
    Hate it.. It's retarded.. =/
    I can't believe a warrior of all classes said this. Thunderstorm can be Reflected and you can intercept back to the shaman or another character nearby (or intervene a friendly one). There are other classes that have it much worse against Thunderstorm.

I purgespam slowfall classes before Thunderstorming so I can purge their slowfall when they pop it.

not once, i dont stand near the ledge for the sole purpose of knockbacks.
    Tirithor - Death Knight of Rapture
    Like The Fall of Rome. . . You Will Come Crashing Down

"hey, its just a moonkin, lets just run pass him, he can't root us all at once"

-- Final words according to my friend when me and him end up in the same av, hes hordes side on the server.

i feel sorry for the 2 rogue who try to sneak pass

it was cute.....

All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

Now let's talk about huntards who disengage off cliffs...

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Now let's talk about huntards who disengage off cliffs...
    I did that once.... was like OH SHIT! And was laughing out loud, (literally), then I popped a noggenfogger for hope, and BOOM! Slow Fall.

Only thing that bothers me is the whole 'critting your for nearly 3k AND knocking you back AND doing another 1k damage while you're flying through the air. 4k aoe ftw I guess, this is why you must hide far away and pray they never see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Starskee
    Only thing that bothers me is the whole 'critting your for nearly 3k AND knocking you back AND doing another 1k damage while you're flying through the air. 4k aoe ftw I guess, this is why you must hide far away and pray they never see you.

4k is nothing... and its a 45sec cooldown

The knockback effect is really the only good thing elemental shaman got with wotlk

oh wait we got hex too

damn thats 45sec cooldown too... damn you blizzard

i love when they use this and a rogue shadowstep it.

To bad my Death Knight can't use Death Grip while moving, because I would love to take one of you "knock backers" right down the cliff with me. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by mechleader
    A hunter disengaged away from me off a cliff once...

I wish it was my fault :'(
    I bet that was me...
    I do it all the time :-\

I've been MC'd and blasted off cliffs several times, and while relatively "fair" because it's a mechanic taking advantage of terrain, only a couple classes can do this cheap move. What I want to know is if Blizz can prevent fears from running you over cliffs, why can't they stop your movement over a cliff boundary once detected? This would actually be fair for all with regards to PvP.