Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy T6 Chest < Tormented Demonsoul Robes?

In a post 3.0 world, crit is king.

Here are my comparisons.

http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=31066;34936

I am actually thinking about replacing my T6 chest with a badge robe. (Makes me cry) I'll still be able to maintain 4 peice T6 bonus with keeping my holy T6 leggings on (or I can break it for even more crit with T6 shadow legs) -- I have yet to see T6 bracers off Kalecgos. Running with Badge Robe, T6 Gloves/Helm/Shoulders/Legs for the +5% GHeal Bonus, or run as Disc, breaking that and running with Badge Robe, T6 Gloves/Helm/Shoulders, and Shadow T6 Legs.

Losing that spirit/mp5 is rather negligible when compared to the crit gains, which is pretty significant.

Re: Holy T6 Chest < Tormented Demonsoul Robes?

You talk about Tier 6 legs as they weren't the absolute biggest piece of shit loot in Black Temple. Why don't you get a replacement for the legs instead, like a piece with 3 sockets or something.

If it works like with shadowpriest, the chest upgrade is small compared to what another pair of pants would be able to do. Do you got access to Kalecgos/Brutallus loot, or shall I conjure something up from BT/Hyjal/Badges ?

Also, I don't see why you would want crit. Just get haste'n'regen and go pew pew pew ?

Mana-regen gear is what you'll miss the most at level 80, so I'll strongly recomend you atleast bank your Tier 6 chest for Naxx 10 healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    You talk about Tier 6 legs as they weren't the absolute biggest piece of shit loot in Black Temple. Why don't you get a replacement for the legs instead, like a piece with 3 sockets or something.

If it works like with shadowpriest, the chest upgrade is small compared to what another pair of pants would be able to do. Do you got access to Kalecgos/Brutallus loot, or shall I conjure something up from BT/Hyjal/Badges ?

Also, I don't see why you would want crit. Just get haste'n'regen and go pew pew pew ?

Mana-regen gear is what you'll miss the most at level 80, so I'll strongly recomend you atleast bank your Tier 6 chest for Naxx 10 healing.
    LOL, oh I know... the t6 leggings are a POS, however its nice to have them to trade in to keep set bonuses. (like now, when removing the T6 chest) My guild has stopped raiding post 3.0, in effort to prevent burnout and ramp people up for Wrath. So seeing Kalecgos legs would be minimal at best. The T6 shadow legs are actually a nice piece for healing priests now due to the crit.

Healing priests = crit now. As Disc requires crit to proc Aegis, and Holy Priests need crit for Surge of Light and Holy Concentration now.&#160; Think of crit as the healing priests spirit....well back when spirit ruled.

But why would you want to press any other spell that CoH atm.?

If you're gearing up for Wrath, or simply doing 5man instances, I really don't see why you would want to stack crit. I would rather aim for maximum regeneration (Lurker trinket comes in mind), with a bit of spellhaste.

Because at level 80 you'll recieve a MASSIVE amount of intellect, and likely also see alot of crit on gear (due to all casters using crit now).

But entry-level gear almost always lack regennerating stats/bonuses. So that's why I would keep the T6 chest.

I would keep the chest, and perhaps get these instead of the Tormented Demonsoul Robes: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34937

It's almost same amount of crit and spellpower, and a extra socket!

But why would you want to press any other spell that CoH atm.?

If you're gearing up for Wrath, or simply doing 5man instances, I really don't see why you would want to stack crit. I would rather aim for maximum regeneration (Lurker trinket comes in mind), with a bit of spellhaste.

Because at level 80 you'll recieve a MASSIVE amount of intellect, and likely also see alot of crit on gear (due to all casters using crit now).

But entry-level gear almost always lack regennerating stats/bonuses. So that's why I would keep the T6 chest.

I would keep the chest, and perhaps get these instead of the Tormented Demonsoul Robes: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34937

It's almost same amount of crit and spellpower, and a extra socket!
    my advise is not to take healing advise from a shadow priest. clearly has no idea.

but yes geting gear now is useless

Quote Originally Posted by meowmeow
    my advise is not to take healing advise from a shadow priest. clearly has no idea.

btw i dont know if you have a idea about keeping mana only with meditation

crit isnt as needed as mana regen, yes they proc aegis but usually aegis will prevent 1k of dmg or less(if only effective healing counts) and dont proc any clearcasting effect to keep your mana.
    if you want crit get the pants robe is too good to drop it before nax(you can use the badges to socket crit gems instead)

i will lvl up in shadow and i will use my spirit gear to do instances as a healer,its hard to get oom, you can spam flash heals like a pally and 0 downtime

Quote Originally Posted by joyu
    btw i dont know if you have a idea about keeping mana only with meditation

crit isnt as needed as mana regen, yes they proc aegis but usually aegis will prevent 1k of dmg or less(if only effective healing counts) and dont proc any clearcasting effect to keep your mana.
    if you want crit get the pants robe is too good to drop it before nax(you can use the badges to socket crit gems instead)

i will lvl up in shadow and i will use my spirit gear to do instances as a healer,its hard to get oom, you can spam flash heals like a pally and 0 downtime
    1. i didn't say play without meditation as a healer, i said don't take advise in healing from a shadowpriest. yet i will say now: from my experiance of leveling on beta, you don't need the meditation - i completed instances and got the meditation 1st point at leve 76. ofc i'm fully sw geared so that probably helped me.

2. i'm glad you feel so full of the fail discipline pve spec (don't bother starting an argument fail is my veiw, why fail? descover by yourself whats more fun and gives more utility and versatility in a PVE healing and understand), yet, i believe the crit stack wasn't in concern of the devine ageis. i know you probably feel like crit is only discipline or something, yet if you look in your middle tree, called the holy tree, has gained a few talents which base themselves on crit. your crit chance as holy will allow you to regen by providing you a free mana spell (flash, greater heal or binding heal depending on talent). so i'm glad to open your eyes to the middle tree and allow you to know that crit can give your regen a huge boost as holy.

3. as i said, since you decided to quote me so i'll repeat it:
    gear now is completely useless. and i will say it again. i switch all my sunwell gear at level 76, i got to 80 with 1 level 70 item (and only cause i was sentimental, and refused to switch it). so i don't see why bother on "geting new items". but other i do see learning what important and how you benifit from each of the new stats.

4. since you and above don't really understand the meaning of crit (even you talking about devine ageis). so here is abit of my theory craft since i guess that the real question was "what do i feel about crit on items now?" so: to my veiw crit isn't a stat worth stacking, (just like mp5s) it gives the priest nothing but 1 thing: to crit more. i believe that a priest with 18-24% (level 80) will get to around 30% ish raid buffed, which is more then enough. considering the raid buffs you gain, crit stacking isn't that nessecary. yet if i look at the important stats now i would say that still spellpower will be our main "stacking" stat (for all the ones stacking spirit on gear, check your talents most are: spell x y z gain xX% from your spellpower, and not spirit). after spell power, i would go for spirit/int (look at both atm, i wouldn't want to hurt my mana pool, at the same time i will want a big spirit buff, ofc i won't use the int+spirit gems - unless its needed for the meta gem to work. i will probably use spirit + spellpower or spell power gems. after we decided that these are our "main" stats. we can now go explore the other stats that benifit us:
    haste, crit, stamina, mp5s etc. since stamina and mp5s are useless talking about (u need a nice HP bar, and mp5s is a boring stat). we are left with haste VS the crit. to my veiw and testing, stacking on both as a healer is not that usefull. yet if i will have to chose, i will go for crit over the haste for a healer priest, especially holy (but discipline as well). the reason is: i believe haste to a healer is less important then a dps (in meaning of how much it boosts you). as a holy priest - your casts to heal raid are instant, your crits provide you SoL procs which are also instant. yes - haste reduces the GCD - but would i rather have a shorter GCD? or more chance to get that free mana spell (or proc the devine ageis). when it comes to 1 target healing haste can be really nice - especially for those "my heal was half a second of landing". and i assume for discipline haste and crit are almost equal. Yet for Holy, when you heal MT and crit you gain haste. so crit will give me a free mana/instant cast and haste as holy while haste will give me only haste. so i do believe as holy i would prefer crit over haste, yet i won't stack on either on of these stats but rather be more concerened about spell power spirit/int.
    i won't play as discipline PVE, if i will play as discipline i will become very frustrated, bored and will probably quit the game even faster then now. the reason: i simpley find it dull and boring. i gain a new spell "penance" which is "better then greater heal" just has a CD, suddently as a pve healer i need to heal tanks with a sheild (how many times have a laughed at this, like a sheild will save the tank, it only absords 3kish, bosses that hit for 7k, i'd rather convert the sheild's mana cost into a greater heal), with flash heal (healing a tank with small heals) and the "new greater heal" but only once every 10-8 secs (depending on spec). i find this gamestyle narrow, not verstile and boring. my veiw though. i tried both specs and enjoyed the holy 1 target healing and the holy raid healing much more then discipline, i felt bored, sleepy tired and limited as a discipline healer. as holy Mt healing is really extremly fun, the "burst" healing that you can provide on those nastey moments are amazing. i do believe discipline willl be a nice spec for pvp (if they move gaurdian spirit instead of penance we will be imortal!!!), i do think the discipline pve priest is easier to play mana wise, i think we will see again alot of discipline in early levels and more holy's at the end gaming progress.

I'd love if you would take your time to point out what was wrong in the post you quoted.

Otherwise, /shoo silly troll.

I'd love if you would take your time to point out what was wrong in the post you quoted.

Otherwise, /shoo silly troll.
    quoting myself for you,

1. i didn't say play without meditation as a healer, i said don't take advise in healing from a shadowpriest. yet i will say now: from my experiance of leveling on beta, you don't need the meditation - i completed instances and got the meditation 1st point at leve 76. ofc i'm fully sw geared so that probably helped me.

2. i'm glad you feel so full of the fail discipline pve spec (don't bother starting an argument fail is my veiw, why fail? descover by yourself whats more fun and gives more utility and versatility in a PVE healing and understand), yet, i believe the crit stack wasn't in concern of the devine ageis. i know you probably feel like crit is only discipline or something, yet if you look in your middle tree, called the holy tree, has gained a few talents which base themselves on crit. your crit chance as holy will allow you to regen by providing you a free mana spell (flash, greater heal or binding heal depending on talent). so i'm glad to open your eyes to the middle tree and allow you to know that crit can give your regen a huge boost as holy.

3. as i said, since you decided to quote me so i'll repeat it:
    gear now is completely useless. and i will say it again. i switch all my sunwell gear at level 76, i got to 80 with 1 level 70 item (and only cause i was sentimental, and refused to switch it). so i don't see why bother on "geting new items". but other i do see learning what important and how you benifit from each of the new stats.

4. since you and above don't really understand the meaning of crit (even you talking about devine ageis). so here is abit of my theory craft since i guess that the real question was "what do i feel about crit on items now?" so: to my veiw crit isn't a stat worth stacking, (just like mp5s) it gives the priest nothing but 1 thing: to crit more. i believe that a priest with 18-24% (level 80) will get to around 30% ish raid buffed, which is more then enough. considering the raid buffs you gain, crit stacking isn't that nessecary. yet if i look at the important stats now i would say that still spellpower will be our main "stacking" stat (for all the ones stacking spirit on gear, check your talents most are: spell x y z gain xX% from your spellpower, and not spirit). after spell power, i would go for spirit/int (look at both atm, i wouldn't want to hurt my mana pool, at the same time i will want a big spirit buff, ofc i won't use the int+spirit gems - unless its needed for the meta gem to work. i will probably use spirit + spellpower or spell power gems. after we decided that these are our "main" stats. we can now go explore the other stats that benifit us:
    haste, crit, stamina, mp5s etc. since stamina and mp5s are useless talking about (u need a nice HP bar, and mp5s is a boring stat). we are left with haste VS the crit. to my veiw and testing, stacking on both as a healer is not that usefull. yet if i will have to chose, i will go for crit over the haste for a healer priest, especially holy (but discipline as well). the reason is: i believe haste to a healer is less important then a dps (in meaning of how much it boosts you). as a holy priest - your casts to heal raid are instant, your crits provide you SoL procs which are also instant. yes - haste reduces the GCD - but would i rather have a shorter GCD? or more chance to get that free mana spell (or proc the devine ageis). when it comes to 1 target healing haste can be really nice - especially for those "my heal was half a second of landing". and i assume for discipline haste and crit are almost equal. Yet for Holy, when you heal MT and crit you gain haste. so crit will give me a free mana/instant cast and haste as holy while haste will give me only haste. so i do believe as holy i would prefer crit over haste, yet i won't stack on either on of these stats but rather be more concerened about spell power spirit/int.
    i won't play as discipline PVE, if i will play as discipline i will become very frustrated, bored and will probably quit the game even faster then now. the reason: i simpley find it dull and boring. i gain a new spell "penance" which is "better then greater heal" just has a CD, suddently as a pve healer i need to heal tanks with a sheild (how many times have a laughed at this, like a sheild will save the tank, it only absords 3kish, bosses that hit for 7k, i'd rather convert the sheild's mana cost into a greater heal), with flash heal (healing a tank with small heals) and the "new greater heal" but only once every 10-8 secs (depending on spec). i find this gamestyle narrow, not verstile and boring. my veiw though. i tried both specs and enjoyed the holy 1 target healing and the holy raid healing much more then discipline, i felt bored, sleepy tired and limited as a discipline healer. as holy Mt healing is really extremly fun, the "burst" healing that you can provide on those nastey moments are amazing. i do believe discipline willl be a nice spec for pvp (if they move gaurdian spirit instead of penance we will be imortal!!!), i do think the discipline pve priest is easier to play mana wise, i think we will see again alot of discipline in early levels and more holy's at the end gaming progress.

I don't get it. You certainly didn't point out why he was wrong, and the shadow priest said almost the same thing as you. Are you calling yourself clueless?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Eloro
    meowmeow....taking arrogance, ignorance, stereotyping and bias to new levels...summary of meow...'ZOMG I R LEVEL 80 LOL NOOBS BET U HAVENT EVEN GOT BETA ROFL ROFL, I'm so totally awesome because i have level 80 and I naturally assume you don't because only people who don't have beta would disagree with my awesomeness which says only 100% truth, everything I do is the best ever, only the way I play is acceptable, you suck'

meowmeow, if you are raging while reading this, please realise this is exactly how you sound in your posts.

...as the NSPCC advert that played while typing this says...'open your eyes...'
    do you feel better now that you had a flame on the forum? was it really necesary?

beta opinions are usefull for some of us even if they are wrong from time to time, and is no need to get into a flame with someone who might just missunderstoud what a previus poster wrote

to say those aggressive comments, you need to back up your arguments why a holy cant take advice from shadow priests. yet you fail to deliver on the comment. trying to overwhelm us with bunch of wall texts mostly, already quotes from dev. teams? with no substance at all?

your just a silly forum troll with a mission to annoy other priests, and by the looks of it other classes as well.

now back to main subject (another subject that got blown way out of propotion by this emo freak);

go with t6 chest, but if you want to try it out you can easily get the badge rewards. i would stick with spirit items till better items makes your current gear obsolete in wotlk.

Right, seems the suggestion got lost in the amount of flames.

I'm recomending replacing the T6 pants, rather than the chest, with the pants I suggested. It gives you almost precisely the same stats, and a extra socket. I would say a extra socket is definitive worth it.

Also, I haz betaz as well, giev cookie for ma pew pew priest?

TO ALL THE PPL THAT HATE CATS!!

i might be a silly troll forums as you say, you can read what i wrote and roll your eyes.
    yet. i am right, since i checked and tested from every single way possiable. (so you can dissagree, or just read it take the important part and save it for cold days).

about spirit comment: i didnt say spirit wasn't good, yet for now the benifit from spirit is abit not satisfaying compared to the benifit from intellect, therefore my opinion (and not advise) is to treat spirit and int on the same level (item with alot of int and low spirit also won't make me happy, would rather have them both high). in addition to this i add the crit.
    as i wrote down my long wall of text explaining my trolly silly thoughts.

about stacking on spellpower: i also didn't say stack on spell power, i said i'll use spell power + spirit gems or only spell power, the gear should be stack the other stats i want: which i repeated about athousand times. just read properly and don't take things out of their proportions. i don't believe in stacking on 1 stat rather then a combination of 3-4 as i said before: atm the stats i think should be "more" important for "comparing" which item i want, were exlpain on the wall of text.

for all the ppl who dissagree, or think i'm a moron: so please promise me this: don't ever listen or act like my trolly silly thoughts:
    spell power -> spirit/int -> crit -> haste -> stamina/mp5s
    that sums up my thoughts, and i ask all my be-loved kara flamers that HATE the fact that i have the option to test try, the experiance and the ability to switch and get the gear, please never use this way of gradeing what would do best for you. (i guess you can't promise that cause, you will find this is the order you will want also).

about ppl thinking i "quote blues/dev." when i do i say so, if i don't say dev said this, it means that i thought of it, wrote it on the Beta forums, and dev either quoted me or said something that is almost the same. i am very active on "normal" forums.
    and what do i mean by normal forums: i assume some heard of other priest forums, forums that ppl don't flame others for being more experiance, for going on beta and testing and writing down there experiances.

to eloro: i didn't enrage when i read what you wrote. just laughed, i'm really sorry i'm a very sarcastic person, and ppl i don't know or care don't really bother me, i get much more enrage when i read crap (things that are incorrect or based on nothing) on forums. advise or ppl that know things before others is anoying i agree. i agree that i am a prick. yet, i also talk from things i know and tested. from veiwing these forums i've noticed that every beta user has stoped posting here, even i stoped posting, not cause i didn't have to but cause i didn't bother. because ppl like you. my thoughts, testing and experiance are here for me to share, not more then that i can say that many times when reading a nice comment, suggestion or feedback i agree with here - i opened as a "suggestion" threw my own beta. but lately - the amount of crap on these forums rises (you are one, posting that kind of post). so: i'm sorry if it hurts you that i play the beta, i'm sorry if i know more then you cause i tested things on beta, i'm sorry i theory craft and tested with gear swaping on beta, i'm sorry i made it threw level 70 to 80 with my priest and you didn't, i'm really sorry, i didn't think it will effect you this deeply, my intentions was truely to test check and explore the beta, and hopefully to get some priest things i want (threw the suggestions and forums of the beta users).
    now after i apoligized so deeply, you said you have a level 80 charr and you assume i don't. its okey. yet you said i must agree with your so called "awesomeness" but you didn't write anything i can learn from, or dissagree with you just flamed me. so i really don't understand your point. i guess just spaming.

nezoia - t6 legs were always a "weak" part: for healing archimonde legs were better, and for dps hyjal or mothers legs were better. (edit: not counting on sunwell gear or badge gear).
    i stay with my recomendation: don't switch or "invest" in gear now, its just not worth it, in afew weeks wotlk will come out, at level 76-80 you won't be using any level 70 gear, not even sunwell gear. there is even a quest at level 62 that i did with trinkets better then illidans one (dps - since when i level, although i level as holy, i think of dps gear, so i could quest alone).

nezoia - t6 legs were always a "weak" part: for healing archimonde legs were better, and for dps hyjal or mothers legs were better.
    Yes, that's what I said.

I recomended a pair of badge legs, rather than replacing the chest piece.

Fail to read much?

i'm sorry if it hurts you that i play the beta, i'm sorry if i know more then you cause i tested things on beta, i'm sorry i theory craft and tested with gear swaping on beta, i'm sorry i made it threw level 70 to 80 with my priest and you didn't, i'm really sorry, i didn't think it will effect you this deeply, my intentions was truely to test check and explore the beta, and hopefully to get some priest things i want (threw the suggestions and forums of the beta users).
    now after i apoligized so deeply, you said you have a level 80 charr and you assume i don't. its okey. yet you said i must agree with your so called "awesomeness" but you didn't write anything i can learn from, or dissagree with you just flamed me. so i really don't understand your point. i guess just spaming.
    i really don't understand what you are loling about eloro. can't you see i turned it around on you?
    aww you miss understood my sarcazm? okey i'll explain again:
    "i'm sorry that you are a moron and can't read or take think in moderation, i'm sorry you can't take advise from ppl who know better then you, i'm sorry that you feel so small tiny and insagnificant that you have to moak ppl for having the beta key"

now seriously: no one cares about you or your stupid comments, same as mine. but atleast i'm not a idiot. like you.

i didn't ask you to judge my smart ass behavior or creativity. i only posted what i tested. if you have a problem with me testing:
    cry to your mom.

As soon as one start to bring direct insults into a discussion, one have lost.

And writing superpoor english doesn't help on it.

One in a million people on this forum have proper English grammar skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Il1dan
    Sorry bro but it is mmo-champion the #1 QQ web site on the net

Quote Originally Posted by Roger
    One in a million people on this forum have proper English grammar skills.
    And this matters why? It's an internet forum not legislature.

And to the OP. I agree with the idea of changing the legs rather than the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloro
    Anyway, where is this so called theorycraft? Where are the WWS logs you used to proved which was best in a real time situation? Where is the math you worked out? Just because you 'feel' something is better doesn't mean you are right, some people 'feel' that games cause people to go out and kill others or steal cars. You can type your wall of texts all day but until I see results that I can peer review I'll just put you down as a troll who can't read.

Personal insults without facts make you no better than me.
    i am not allowed to post my log, since its not mine, i already said that. on other posts i posted months ago i added some logs and quoted logs, and even gave a wow-beta link to the thread i posted with the logs. i'm really sorry but the logs aren't mine - i send mine to a player that combines them and makes a more reliable wws. as a guild desicion after someone else posting on non-wow official forums, the decision was not to publish our logs. so i'm really sorry again.
    i will add: i really don't feel like i need to tell you how why where or what, i also don't feel like i need to post my logs to "support" my opinions and testing. i also don't think that i need to show you how i do calculations, unfortunatly to you poor eloro you'll have to live with purely me saying my opinion and you just going and finding out if its true or not. or just wait, don't test and copy from who-ever you consider a good priest. eventually you might know me and if you do or play on my realm most likely on level 80 you'll just inspect and copy, just like now ppl inspect me and copy.

since i was talking about holy and not discipline (haven't finished on discipline i am now trying int stacking for discipline over spirit, and combining it with haste over crit). i am not interested of explaining to you how i check where or why. just read, swallow and do your thinking about what you read, i never asked anyone to do as i say or obay me. i believe i am correct till proven wrong. the second i will hear something more improtant i will go test it myself. yet all you said was that i'm stupid and ignorant - i tested that - sorry i'm smart you were wrong.
    if you go and do your own testing (for all i care your testing can be "i spamed flash in org and went oom so i dissagree"), you'll find out the same things i did, and will agree (i am sure since i really checked it out from every single hole and area). if you test and still dissagree let me know i will re-test and then agree or disagree with you (i don't know what a huge fart you are but this is a common thing to do, if you dissagree with what i said just write with what and i'll be going checking it again. all your comment was me being and i'm quoting: "arrogance, ignorance, stereotyping and bias to new levels", well i am arrogant but not a moron so i partly dissagree with you, yet you can go and test more, maybe you'll find out i'm a true moron).

i will repeat it just in case: it was my opinion i know i'm a jerk, yet i didn't mean to hurt anyone by saying my testing got X Y Z results. for my testing, and my understanding i am correct, since in the last 2 week without new gear, and without gaining more spellpower, only with changing haste into crit, and chosing different items (from the same ilvl). overall i can say from the "feel" the choise of grading gear threw: spelpower-> int/spirit-> crit -> haste -> mp5s/stamina, the feel is much better then haste over crit as holy. so not only my testing was correct but also my feelings after doing the correct changes on my 80 char made me understand and aproved it for me to post this. (not the first post i do about the new item choices in wotlk, there are other forums i am more active in and post more, and earlier). if you have a hard time here others say their opinion (or a hard time accepting someone knows something before you, or a hard time ppl are correct when you are wrong), then just read it and move on, or don't read it and ignore it. no one really cares what you think about me. even i don't.