Best profession?

I was wondering what is the best profession?

These are my toons and their professions at the moment

Holy Priest - 375 Herb + 375 Pot spec Alchemist
    Feral Druid - 390 Herb + 330 Inscription
    Warlock - 375 Herb + 375 Tailoring

I use to have 375 Enchanting on my warlock but changed to herb once I got my epic flying to farm and easier gold then I leveled my priest and then druid and now they all have max herb but I think it's bit of a waste, although my priest it goes with alchemy and druid goes with inscription there is no need for it on my warlock any more...

Gold wise I'm not fussed just curious what I should replace it with? I plan to keep tailoring for flying carpet mounts in WotLK.

Few ideas I've had
    - Engineering for fun + mounts
    - Enchanting again, DE BoP and now can Sell enchants easier with the inscription vellums
    - Mining, apparently good for gold but then I have other toons with herb and mining doesn't seem exactly worth while
    - JC, Cut gems and make BoP gear

Please help me decide, state which you think would be best and why =)
    Some people are like Slinkies
    Not really good for anything
    But they still bring a smile to your face
    When you push them down a flight of stairs.

Re: Best profession?

I would keep herbing on the druid. Put take herb off the priest and put JC on him/her and take off herb on the lock and give him/her mining. That way u will still have all the gathering professions to go along with the crafting professions. Also by giving ur lock mining and ur priest Jcing u can lvling both their professions really easy and around the same time. As for the other toon u have that have mining and herb take those off and give him/her LW and skinning. Or put LW &/or on ur lock & priest.

Quote Originally Posted by S
    Few ideas I've had
    - Engineering for fun + mounts
    - Enchanting again, DE BoP and now can Sell enchants easier with the inscription vellums
    - Mining, apparently good for gold but then I have other toons with herb and mining doesn't seem exactly worth while
    - JC, Cut gems and make BoP gear

Please help me decide, state which you think would be best and why =)
    I would say Enchanting.

JC/Engineering without mining... expensive to say the least. Unless you decide to drop one of your herbers for mining -then use the mats from leveling mining to level JC or Engineering (Unless you have a TON of money to burn on overpriced low level stuff)

With enchanting, you can DE either for sale, for mats or to not spend on the AH. Via inscription you get alts enchanted, yourself enchanting, crap to sell on the AH. I think that in the long run, Enchanting is probably the 3rd best money maker after herbing/mining - people will ALWAYS need enchanting mats.

Trouble leveling encanting? how hard is clearing various instances at 80 to get greens/blues as a warlock?
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

Quote Originally Posted by WernerCD
    I would say Enchanting.

JC/Engineering without mining... expensive to say the least. Unless you decide to drop one of your herbers for mining -then use the mats from leveling mining to level JC or Engineering (Unless you have a TON of money to burn on overpriced low level stuff)

With enchanting, you can DE either for sale, for mats or to not spend on the AH. Via inscription you get alts enchanted, yourself enchanting, crap to sell on the AH. I think that in the long run, Enchanting is probably the 3rd best money maker after herbing/mining - people will ALWAYS need enchanting mats.

Trouble leveling encanting? how hard is clearing various instances at 80 to get greens/blues as a warlock?
    Thanks very helpful xD, I gave up on engineering didn't really see much I liked in it, I think I should take enchanting up again on my warlock like you said clearing low lvl instances isnt all that hard as a warlock =D although the thing stopping me at the moment is that in TBC lots of people wanted pre-TBC enchants frequently and I never had too many, and they brought most of the pre-TBC enchants back via rep in vendor's/quartermasters although my lock doesn't have very high rep for the good enchants will this make a difference in wotlk? Also will I have to farm all these raids again for TBC enchants? Like mongoose/battlemasters and what not else? That's the main thing stopping me unless I only do it to DE for mats and sell...?

Gold isn't much of an issue I've given away way over 25k gold now to buy various peoples epic flying's and help them with SSO title etc. Get bored so throw gold around lol >.<"

Although about what icewater85 said I could make my priest do JC and lock do mining how would this work you think? All my toons currently have epic flying.

Thanks very much for your help and detailed input so far xD

Jewlcrafting/Mining = CASH! Epic Flyer Helps.

yea, id definitely make one of those herbers a miner...

You mine up as MUCH ore as possible, then prospect them for blue gems to sell/cut. $$

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsicola
    You mine up as MUCH ore as possible, then prospect them for blue gems to sell/cut. $$
    Awesome thanks very much for the help, I plan to do mining/JC on a DK =)