Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Upcoming boss and classes changes, blue posts

lol @ the statement of that players had to endure alot of dmg during Deep Freeze stun.

What about rogue's stunlock, a paladin's stuns?

Guess that's ok right?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

WTB new Mind Flay graphics.
    -.-

maybe they should...I dunno do something to lightning reflexes that got move from tier ONE to tier FOUR with no point reduction and no change to help combat

Quote Originally Posted by Zilia
    Ok...Why do they want to nerf our PvE dps ? I mean...who cares if we're like 5 % ahead of other dps classes ? More dps = More killing ?
    Why do you care if you are 5% behind other classes then?

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Blizzard needs to decide where they want each spec to be. Subtlety is pvp, no question at that, hemo was made useless for pve and i doubt they'll be bothered to fix that since their latest statement on it.
    assassination could be pve raiding spec, and combat either needs to be condemned to a grinding spec or made on par with assassination in the same way that all other class specs are now viable
    I think that line of thinking is what bliz wants to "fix", as in, if you want to PvP or PvE, any spec should be viable, the only consideration into deciding on one spec or another is your style of playing and whats "fun" to you.

Clearly at the moment they are failing, since Sub falls way behind combat and Assasination in terms of dps, that is something they will have to look at, but if things go the way they want, Combat and Assassination builds should be close enough in performance that you can choose either spec depending on how you wanna play your rogue, and not be forced into a cookie-cutter build as was the case in TBC with Combat specced PVE Rogues.

After one of the patches, tri-spec was actually quite viable up to Tier 6.
    Then cookie cutter Combat became the norm.

Man i had no idea VW's consume shadows increased stealth detection until i read this post lol. Good to know

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Dragon
    great just nerf mages to death again, I really thought it would become possible to kill motherfucking rogues now
    Deep Freeze at the moment is not worth while for me to talent. Blizz better not touch my shatter combos or it's GAME OVER MAN!!!

Deep freeze ain`t worth it for pvp?

Am i missing something?? what else could you take?

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    lol @ the statement of that players had to endure alot of dmg during Deep Freeze stun.

Guess that's ok right?
    This is the perfect post and should be restated often!

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    Deep freeze ain`t worth it for pvp?

Am i missing something?? what else could you take?

I do quite fine without using it on live Karpalo. I'm not knocking anyone who picked it up though its just a personal preference like anyone else would tell you. More then likely ill be forced to pick it up due to the fact ill get tired of lolnoob tells from random people.

Was i the only one that saw what they typed in one of the last sentances in warlock tread:

"Reading back on this makes me a little paranoid that you will interpret my answers as our feeling that locks are broken. That isn't the case. In a game of this size there are always some things you'd want to look at given more time. I have just tried to be candid about what some of those areas are for warlocks. They exist for all classes though. It's an MMO. It changes over time"

sorry for not knowing how to quote,
    But this makes me think... They do think warlocks are broken or els they wouldent say that in that way.
    maybe im just paranoid

Quote Originally Posted by Gwydi0n
    granted, 5% dmg increase on Shadow Mastery and the others is nice. But I still feel that the main problem with Warlocks (Speaking for affli locks atm) is our long rotation AND the load of gcd's we're looking against:

CoA / CoE (pray u can do CoA, hence have a boomkin, they provide 13% dmg increase as part of standard rotation, we have to waist 3 points in a late tree on it and sacrifice the casting of a dmg curse)
    Haunt
    Unstable Affliction
    Corruption
    Siphon life
    Shadow bolt x2 or x3 (depends on haste)
    repeat...

Any proc of your Glyph of corruption or Nightfall = instant SB, wich you offcourse paste into this rotation.
    While this may look like a long, easy rotation I would like to remind you that we have to repeat this every 12-15 seconds. (well if you are playing correct u don't have to refresh Corr and SL only needs refresh every 30 sec). And all of the skills we use trigger a GCD, even with all the instant casts in the rotation.

The problem isn't our dmg in my eyes (but tnx for the 5% dmg increase, might be able to keep up with hunters now...) the problem is

1) we have a realy long, complicated rotation. For example, renewing your CoA 2 seconds to late = dps decrease, same with haunt, ua, nightfall procs, ... An affli lock can not afford to look the other way for more then 10 seconds, or his rotation will be fucked and his dmg will decrease like the Down Jones index.
    2) GCD

Just my 2 cents

Gwydi0n out
    God no, don't change it. Finally there is a spec we can play that actually takes significant player skill to maximize damage rather than the mindless button spam that most classes consist of. The only change that was needed to smooth out the Affliction rotations was reducing the cooldown of Haunt as to increase the spread between the CD and the duration- and they already did that. We should see it on live within the next couple of weeks.

Anyway, if it's too complex even after that then try another spec. Demonology raid builds are pretty simple. Just don't try to ruin it for those of us that can handle it. Complex rotations are fun.

No info on Shaman fixes. I made bets with people! Where's my money?

Guess that's ok right?
    Because Paladin's and Rogues can stun you and kill you from 30 yards? No wait, that is mages. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Draele
    God no, don't change it. Finally there is a spec we can play that actually takes significant player skill to maximize damage rather than the mindless button spam that most classes consist of. The only change that was needed to smooth out the Affliction rotations was reducing the cooldown of Haunt as to increase the spread between the CD and the duration- and they already did that. We should see it on live within the next couple of weeks.

Anyway, if it's too complex even after that then try another spec. Demonology raid builds are pretty simple. Just don't try to ruin it for those of us that can handle it. Complex rotations are fun.
    I'm not saying it's to hard to handle, i'm saying there is no room for error! If by being completely focused the whole raid I'm scoring in top dps, fine then I know that my focus had some result. But now with this affli rotation even if I stay completely focused the whole run and don't fuck up a single time I'll only score medium dps...

is the TG update live or on beta?

Quote Originally Posted by hudders
    = more hunters invited to raids = less of every other dps class invited to raids.

Suck it up.
    Suck up the fact that we're rapidly heading into never-ever land? Right now, one bugged JoW means we never go OOM. This is a disproportionate benefit, and when we can stay in hawk the entire time, sure, our damage is high. When this is fixed? Oops, we have to spend a considerable amount of time (remember the recent massive upcomming "pvp" nerf to viper regen) in Viper - upwards of 30s with a 12k mana pool! So we have to do a lot of damage in hawk time.

Until JoW is fixed the data they have is 100% Hawk uptime, and not our actual, lower, sustained DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ufalah
    Because Paladin's and Rogues can stun you and kill you from 30 yards? No wait, that is mages. My bad.
    Stun yes.... kill I doubt it on a 1v1 situation.

Guess that's ok right?
    At least they are dealing with your situation correctly, unlike Paladins. I'd much rather they nerfed our stun duration and not our damage. It's dumb to nerf the damage so we can't kill people stunned or not. I'd agree that the burst is a little high right now but we don't have anything else. If we had interupts, heal reduction, snare, distance closers then we wouldn't need the burst so much.

Rogue stunlock isn't as effective as you think it is and it's a rather iconic thing about rogues. They have to use combo points on keeping you locked down instead of dealing damage. It's a choice they have to make.
    Dwarves are BURLY!