Theorycrafting a SPriest

Due to the new updates for crit and spi, would it be better to stack crit for the extra SWP , VT , DP dmg and have the direct attacks crit? Or would the same old shoving of Spell Power gems be the same for WOTLK? Also how would that affect mana return due to imp Spirit Tap?

Re: Theorycrafting a SPriest

Ask again in 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Ask again in 2 months.

^

and prolly u will socket yellow with Crit/dmg, red Spellpower and Blue with spellpower...

I think its still Spellpower > all coz Haste doesnt affect Dots, hit has a cap, and Crit gets worse the more u have.. u will aim to have so much crit that imp Spirit tab is always on.

Correct me if im wrong

No, I'll probably be socketing hit rating.

- Getting Hit capped is my first concern (should be easy with a doomkin and a Sp in the raid...)
    - Then i will probably go for Crit / spellpower or haste / spellpower gems depending on the socket i need to put it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Anglarana
    - Getting Hit capped is my first concern (should be easy with a doomkin and a Sp in the raid...)
    Moonkins don't stack with shadowpriests, and we ARE shadowpriests so that's a bit uhm.. yeah

Means you'll need 11% hit as of now, which is still loads.

- Then i will probably go for Crit / spellpower or haste / spellpower gems depending on the socket i need to put it in.
    Raw spellpower scale better at lower gear levels.

Ofc i will gem hit till cap. But after that i go for that i wrote in my last Post :/

With Naxx25-ish gear:
    Spell power - 1.33dps/point
    Crit - .8dps/point
    Haste - .89dps/point
    Converted into weights:
    Spell power = 1
    Crit = .6
    Haste = .67
    In addition, Int and Spirit are both worth .27dps (.2 for weight).
    You need to gain 4.64 "damage" from a socket bonus for every yellow socket with dmg/haste (4.64 damage, 6.93 haste, or 7.73 crit).
    http://code.google.com/p/simulationc...atestReport_80

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Moonkins don't stack with shadowpriests, and we ARE shadowpriests so that's a bit uhm.. yeah

Means you'll need 11% hit as of now, which is still loads.
    Raw spellpower scale better at lower gear levels.
    not every SP seems to have picked misery atm. (dont ask me why but they are noobs seeing it has a self benefit as well.... but w/e)

11% is not loads.... and still i think we are one of the easiest classes to get hitcapped.....

and i would go for spell haste over raw spellpower anyday. haste makes you cast MF faster as well ^^.

not every SP seems to have picked misery atm. (dont ask me why but they are noobs seeing it has a self benefit as well.... but w/e)

11% is not loads.... and still i think we are one of the easiest classes to get hitcapped.....

and i would go for spell haste over raw spellpower anyday. haste makes you cast MF faster as well ^^.
    Point 1 - If they're not getting Misery, they're a priestard and shouldn't be included in any reasonable discussion of the class, just like you don't acknowledge the existence of melee huntards in any reasonable discussion.

Point 2 - We're the same as mages and elemental shammies, doomkin are slightly easier than us, and we're slightly better off than locks.

Point 3 - Spell power gives 33% more damage point-for-point than haste in Naxx25 gear. No, you don't just want to stack spell power, you want a balance, but that balance needs to include the relative weights of every DPS stat.

Finding gear to reach 11% to hit IS plenty. At lvl 80 we will need 289 hit rating + 3/3 Misery + 3/3 Shadow Focus to be hit capped. (source: http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t29453-c...gs_level_80_a/)

There is 91 hit rating in the 25man T7 Set with 4 yellow sockets & 3 red sockets. Sure there are plenty of other slots but you need to find another 198 hit. Sure it's doable but it's not going to be as easily done as reaching the hit cap in TBC.

yeah in the earlier raids u probably going to gem alot of Hit, maybe in the later Raids (arthas etc) it will be the same coz on Sunwell gear arent alot of hit.

Spell power = 1
    Crit = .6
    Haste = .67
    Isnt Crit now much stronger then Haste until u get alot of crit?

Sure it's doable but it's not going to be as easily done as reaching the hit cap in TBC.
    Indeed. We might even go farm some more Skull of Gul'dan at level 80.

I'm hoping for more drops the next couple of resets, so I can get one as well :/

Oh yea, 289 isn't too hard to get, especially with boot enchant + possible helm enchant + using hit food instead of damage. In my current "ideal" gear, I'm actually over the cap.

Crit is more powerful than haste on live right now, because haste eats through our mana so quickly. Now that I think about it, though, that scaling factor does seem a bit off. I know crit was, for a while, about 10% stronger than haste instead of the reverse.

Double-checked and it's been updated yet again; with SWD it's Dmg=1, Crit=.611, Hst=.627, Spi=.201, Int=.179
    (Also, SWD is now a damage loss... /facepalm to Blizz).

Quote Originally Posted by lsfreak
    With Naxx25-ish gear:
    Spell power - 1.33dps/point
    Crit - .8dps/point
    Haste - .89dps/point
    Converted into weights:
    Spell power = 1
    Crit = .6
    Haste = .67
    In addition, Int and Spirit are both worth .27dps (.2 for weight).
    You need to gain 4.64 "damage" from a socket bonus for every yellow socket with dmg/haste (4.64 damage, 6.93 haste, or 7.73 crit).
    http://code.google.com/p/simulationc...atestReport_80
    Wasn't that math made before the upcoming change to dots? Obviously crit will look alot better afterwards.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

No, it was made assuming all announced changes to the priest class so far, including VT's extra scaling and DoT's "critting."
    EDIT: Pretty sure it's also assuming Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain is fixed to stack with Twisted Faith.