Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Best Ret Pvp spec at 80?

Quote Originally Posted by Ufalah
    Someone please explain to me why so many people are speccing 2-handed spec over crusade.
    They both give a 6% flat dmg increase,so what`s the difference?

Edit:I saw your point

6% less damage if it isn't removed somehow. And 10% more armor + duration reduction of snares is way too sexy to pass up.

Imp might is a waste of talents and imp ret aura is unless for some reason you know you are going to be fighting nothing but rogues.

Take one point from Sanctified seals and 2 points from imp might and put 3 in fanaticism or 1 in fanaticism and 2 in divine guardian imo.

note: all advice is strictly related to an arena build.
    and why 130 attack power are a waste of points?

Quote Originally Posted by DressdtoKill
    Lol don't jump down my throat
    Hah I didn't mean to be so... aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by DressdtoKill
    Did you think about going 2-3 in Sanctified seals? I know you loose 1% crit which sucks, but someone explained to me when you combine 3/3 Stoicism with 2/3 Sanc Seals, you get undispelability of 96%. Why is this good? Because when it was 100% dispellable, it won't even be considered by a spell steal/purge/dispel type of move, but at 96% it WILL be considered randomly and cause the effect to fail
    I've always wondered why people do that, now that you explain it that way it makes sense to me. That frees up the one point for improved might that would complete my spec.

Quote Originally Posted by nonickname
    They both give a 6% flat dmg increase,so what`s the difference?

Edit:I saw your point

and why 130 attack power are a waste of points?
    By "I saw your point" I hope you noticed that crusade is flat damage and 2-handed spec is not.

As for the 130 attack power you will not keep that in the arena, it will be purged/stolen/dispelled etc. At the end of my post I stated that my advice was based around arena.

Sorry for the non-MMO link but I can't access the MMO talent calculator from work.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sZ0...ZVf0tbfucMsLzh

I know this will probably be complete jank, but, I'm gonna give it a try before going back to a more common Ret build.

Of course, I would like to see what Blizz has in store for Sacred Duty, once they decide on how they are going to handle our bubble. Rumor is that the increase to swing speed is being removed and replaced with a damage debuff while bubled. If Sacred Duty returns that damage or does something else will determine if more than 25 points is necessary to make a Reck/Ret build.

By "I saw your point" I hope you noticed that crusade is flat damage and 2-handed spec is not.

As for the 130 attack power you will not keep that in the arena, it will be purged/stolen/dispelled etc. At the end of my post I stated that my advice was based around arena.
    It's not like you can't reapply might, right?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...00000000000000

Quote Originally Posted by The Man
    Hah I didn't mean to be so... aggressive.

I've always wondered why people do that, now that you explain it that way it makes sense to me. That frees up the one point for improved might that would complete my spec.

I`m not sure about that but I think,that if you are 2/3 Sanctified Seals,purge/spellsteal/dispel magic will try to dispel the seal,but with 96% of dispel resistance it will be hard.With 3/3 SS,the offensive dispels won`t try to remove the seal,meaning they will remove any other important buff-Vengeance,HoF,HoP,DP...

P.S. I repeat I`m not sure about this,let`s hope someone else explains it

Quote Originally Posted by nonickname
    I`m not sure about that but I think,that if you are 2/3 Sanctified Seals,purge/spellsteal/dispel magic will try to dispel the seal,but with 96% of dispel resistance it will be hard.With 3/3 SS,the offensive dispels won`t try to remove the seal,meaning they will remove any other important buff-Vengeance,HoF,HoP,DP...

P.S. I repeat I`m not sure about this,let`s hope someone else explains it
    This is exactly how it was explained to me and I believe the mechanic still works, so loosing 1% crit for a chance for purge/spellsteal/dispell to fail is a good trade.

PS: Finally glad to see ppl posting here, only took a few weeks >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Videos
    It's not like you can't reapply might, right?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...00000000000000
    imo odds are you won't have it up often. If you felt like you were going to be keeping a blessing up, why not drop some points in kings? 2 from imp might + 3 from divine str would equal 10% to all stats and 9% to str.