Thread: Beacon of light

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by olicon
    Question: Does Bacon only transfer your heal, or heal from you and other pally/priest (Holy) or from any source within the proper range?
    Fixed

In my experience with Bacon, I find it to be quite useful in concept. However, the execution leaves much to be desired.

I think to improve this ability they should remove the GCD associated with it. I've found numerous situations where it is useful as is: Healing both Flame tanks on Illidan, healing the tanks and the Burns on Brutallus, healing multiple tanks at the same time, etc. Outside of this I typically put it on a ret paladin in order to heal their SoB damage, in addition to any damage they may accrue from pulling aggro/AoE/etc.

If I am in a 5 man and I see a DPS pick up aggro, I'll generally beacon that DPS and continue healing the tank. Also if I see a situation coming up where someone is going to suddently take damage (ie: someone straying too close to Doomfire on Archimonde when I need to focus on tank). However, I have found that the Beacon not only triggers a GCD, but also seems to delay my next cast as well - although this may be due to the post-3.0 server latency issues. For these "emergency" uses, it is detrimental to my overall healing to not heal ANYTHING for that period of time. I will add the tangent that many of the times I felt limited by this I was healing ian instance with way fewer healers than recommended (ie: 2 healers on a High King Maulgar kill where we had no Mage tank).

Bacon is great if you're solo-healing an instance.

If you are in a 25-man with multiple AoE healers it is very unreliable since it only applies to effective healing, not overhealing. The best use is to put it on the MT, who will occasionally get the benefit of your raid-healing. But if you're responsible for keeping the MT up, it's not worth the risk that your raid healing will be all overhealing, so you're better off putting it on a damage-prone melee member (or yourself) and focusing on the MT. In 25-mans, I'm finding it pretty much meh.

The best usage in PvP is to put it on yourself and then heal everyone else.

I love Beacon. It's not meant to be used all the time in a 25 man raid environment. You have to know when to use it. Where it really shines is in any fight where there is more than one tank. I can pretty much solo heal P2 Illidan (I'd use it on the demon tank, but Illidan always dies before he gets the chance) and we don't need to assign a healer to the mage tank on Council. Because of Beacon we can bring less healers to Brut, Twins and Muru. Additionally, Beacon allows you to help raid heal without totally gimping your tank.

Smart pallies will find the places where Beacon shines and put it to very good use. Bad pallies will complain that it's worthless.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Bacon is OK. I wouldn't say its amazing, by any means, in PvE (BT/Hyjal thus far) its a useful tool, but we're running with a low amount of healers already, and I hardly have time to cast it everytime, plus the mana it takes is a bit high, if the duration was longer, I'd be in love with it for PvE.

PvP, it sucks versus any class that can dispel, therefore useless. Such a class defining ability that I imagine they wanted it to be, and its removed in 1 cast, I GUESS I could get stoicism still, buttttt I nerf myself by removing the 8% crit. (at 80)