Thread: Hymn of hope...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Hymn of hope...

Well I pugged MH yesterday and Khazro looked a bit marginal for Mana - so I popped a gaurdian on the tank - I used it, other healer priest used it and the s/priest used it - noone blew up and the boss died.

It's pretty meh - only place I have bothered TBH, and I'm not going to bind it or anything. But hell - it's a free spell! Rotate my bar - click and off we go.

but 8 secs is just plain silly. Why give a spell that will be used in one or two fights the whole game? this thing is so situational raid only I can understand it being forgotten and unused

Quote Originally Posted by rikken
    so that is roughly 960 mana from hymn, plus my normal regen of 1700 mana (for not casting for 8 seconds). Thats a 2660 mana.
    5sr is from the last cast, which would be the last 3 seconds of channeling from hymn of hope, and 2 seconds after that is 5 seconds outside the 5sr, but im not quite sure how that all works :P

Quote Originally Posted by Healium
    idk, i like it. i tell one of the other priests; "hey jason, heal the tank more". i hymn, then i heal more and he hymns.

also, if your tank dies in 8 sec in a heroic.... run!
    Also, if you do a heroic with two holy and/or disc priests... fail!

OP, even using the example you have provided, 800 mana, for you and 4 other people in your party is 4k, sounds pretty good to me. Priest is not a selfish class, we are out there to make everyone elses life easier.

I like it
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png

I love how close minded people are. Its a preventative means. By the way, why the hell would a shadow priest ever need to cast it anyway? They have the shadow fiend, their own mana regen from doing damage, AND they have dispersion. Holy and discipline priests only have their shadow fiend. As a blood elf priest, when everyone's safe any no ones taking damage, I use it. 2% of your mana ever 2 seconds for 8 seconds. that is 8% of your mana. Almost one tenth of your whole mana pool. With passive regen, plus the amount of regen you would get if you were out of the 5sr, then you would get even more personally, but divine hymn gives more mana not only to you, but other raid members as well. It is exceptionally useful in preventing yourself from running out of mana, but what do you do if your mana pool just didn't hold up and you were out? Instead of sitting there with your thumb up your butt cast divine hymn. Give you almost one tenth of your mana pool back, plus more for being out of the five second rule, plus if you are a blood elf, follow it up by throwing out an arcane torrent for 6% more mana, that gives you 14% of your mana from the abilities alone.

Bottom line is if you are out of mana, dont stand around looking like an idiot. Cast your damn hymn. ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Einzweidrei
    Also, if you do a heroic with two holy and/or disc priests... fail!
    You realize shadow priests have this spell too, right? One of them could have been holy and the other shadow...

Quote Originally Posted by 2OfDiamonds
    5sr is from the last cast, which would be the last 3 seconds of channeling from hymn of hope, and 2 seconds after that is 5 seconds outside the 5sr, but im not quite sure how that all works :P
    It's from the last cast that costs mana... the hymn doesnt cost anything and so wont put you inside the 5sr if you use it.

Hymn of Fail. Should have been kept as a magic buff. I abused it back then.

i don't know what to say but i like it. but maybe only because i love all kind of spells where you have a huge blue bubble over your head

hmm I think I saw it be raid wide, if it isnt it will be grating a magnific mana total.

GC said someday that many buffs and abilities that will effect raid are affecting group only (like BM hunters buff, and who knows? maybe the hymm of fail too)
    Waiting for SWTOR (Star wars: the old republic)

www.swtor.com

or... GW2... undecided

i like it..usually only use on kj though

15+ Year Old Account

As a discipline MT healer, I do agree. It does seem fairly worthless. However, I could see holy AoE healers using this more. There are instances where raid healers have downtime, so they can channel this for at least a couple of seconds. Also, that should be added. You don't have to channel the whole thing. Channel as much as you can and just /stopcast it when or if needed. But we can hope they do make a bit more attractive in the future, or that perhaps it will end up being decent at 80. Fingers crossed!
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    No. Along with bigger mana pools, spells will also cost more. I do not think it will be more than 50% better at 80, making it still dire. Not many priests wish to stop healing to channel this pile.

However. There will be times when you can channel safely with nothing better to do. That is when you use it ^_^
    Are you sure this spell will cost mana? I'm not ..

Quote Originally Posted by Volcano
    I know it doesn't cost mana, at least not on live. Full Oo5SR regen while channeling (assuming you didn't spend mana before, easy enough to do). Generally, even if I'm the only one capable of healing in a heroic, I can pull it off. Get a decent sized aegis (2/3 Penance, or 1+Flash, or a Greater if I can sneak it in, at least), just as Weakened Soul comes off.

Toss up a Mending and refresh your Shield, and even a moderately geared tank will last at least 5 seconds from that point before taking more than 300 points of "real" damage. And so you start channeling. If the situation calls for it, NOTHING IS WRONG WITH MISSING A TICK to do your job. But it shouldn't be all that hard to pull off.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Volcano
    It won't - I was saying that at 80 our spells will also cost more as our base mana will have increased - so how massively this spell improves is lessened by that.

Anyway - on front page it seems GC 'has plans' for all the hymns.

Used to use this everytime cooldown was up on my spacegoat s-priest. Instant, on the run, free mana to me and other mana users in party. I loved it in 5 mans, raids, BGs, even arena.

Right now at 70 with it being a holy spell, it is a waste of time for me.

Only time I use it now is after a large wipe...someone rezes me, and I want some quick mana to rez other people or if for some reason I had to heal my self and break form, i use it to cover the cost of returning to form (provided I have time to waste and a fight is not raging around me).

Absolutely useless at 70, complete waste of time, whatever spec you are. Great idea, but fell short, way short.
    Still convinced Blizz hates Priests... ???

you can say blizz hates priests but you can have at least one person say that blizz hates there class and then another person say that blizz hates there class too it would be at least one person that says that blizz hates there class. just a continuous cycle of hate you know what i think blizz hates palidans.

wow was that even english? ^

/boggle