Page 1 of 3
LastLast

shadow priest raid dps

so i sort of got a beta invitation. but i really havent gotten to downloading the whole thing yet due to lots of school and a busy raiding schedule and trying to progress as much as we can before the Xpansion

i play a 70 shadow priest with Hyjal/BT gear (not quite sunwell yet)

and i was just wondering how well on DPS charts are we doing in LK?

do we suck? are we topping? or what

i realize that we have a lot of damage boosts now becuz of our VT being nerfd
    so how is that all working out?

if someone could just give me a mature anwser with a brief summary of why then that would be great!

thanks!

Re: shadow priest raid dps

We are near the bottom in dps charts.

As of now, the word is that spriests aren't holding up very well dps wise in beta. This apparently has caught the attention of the WoW dev's.

"Priest is one of the classes we've been actively tuning. one of the big reasons we gave them mind sear is so they'd be viable in the aoe situation. we've been doing a lot of testing lately and we definietly want to bump up spriests."

I hope this means they also intend to bump up Dispersion to make it a proper 51 pt, or bump it down to a 31 / 21 pt and create a new one
    And in terms of dps atm, shadow priests are reaching about 2300 max dps in naxx ,while others are 3.5k-4.5k

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetoez
    I hope this means they also intend to bump up Dispersion to make it a proper 51 pt, or bump it down to a 31 / 21 pt and create a new one
    Won't happend, get over it allready.

"Priest is one of the classes we've been actively tuning. one of the big reasons we gave them mind sear is so they'd be viable in the aoe situation. we've been doing a lot of testing lately and we definietly want to bump up spriests."
    I usually stand idle, or just shield the warlocks when we AoE stuff. So yes, Mind Sear is *very* welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Won't happend, get over it allready.
    Well theres still 1 month left, so it could change, and i know for sure that they will do something for it, like re-add the health regain mecanic on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetoez
    Well theres still 1 month left, so it could change, and i know for sure that they will do something for it, like re-add the health regain mecanic on it.
    No, really, won't happend.

If you want more dps, get them to upscale your other spells. Dispersion is perfect the way it is now. You can even get healed while using it.

No, really, won't happend.

If you want more dps, get them to upscale your other spells. Dispersion is perfect the way it is now. You can even get healed while using it.
    Why do you fight it so much? I mean, most people that post here dislike dispersion. You have argued countlessly to say that this talent is good. I've seen others pro dispersion, but you probably have 200 posts explaining why you think it is good. That may be an exaggeration but also may not be.
    I have been into sunwell and killed brut, since then had to quit raiding for a while due to work overload. I will stick to my guns and say that I will not be picking up this talent due to it sucking.
    All I see this talent good for is PVP. as a PVP run away button or a PVP hope to get heals button. If you need damage reduction in ANY raid... You have done something wrong. Sure there are points that you get hit but that goes for every class. Mages and pallys have a damage reduction... but that makes them immune to all damage and drops their threat for the time being. (neither of which require a talent.) Rogues have a talent to get 90% reduction! but wait.. that is a passive for when they would have otherwise died. (btw: this is also NEVER a talent that a true pvE rogue would have)
    36% mana isn't "perfect" by any means either. Look at mana tide. 24% (28% with glyph) mana to group. (or is it raid now that totems effect raid?) and does not silence anyone. The tier 7 talent that gives 24% to group vs tier 11 that gives 36% only to the priest? Silence or not... that sucks.

Putting both aspects together you have a Ohshit... ¿maybe? -button and some crappy mana return for 6 seconds of running around with your thumb up your... Unless you manually cancle the effect to begin dps again! Thats just what I wanna do, pick up a 51 point talent and cancle its effect.

Question on Imp SF though.
    The 70% reduction on it- While casting flay, doesnt this mean that you are always losing a tick of the flay still?

What visualX said.

Even Blizz realise that Dispersion aint really good for PvE:

Q: Shadow Priest's Dispersion is lackluster. Any chance for some buffs?
    A: Probably not. It's a partial shield that does not root you. Yeah it's not terribly useful for high-end PvE, but it is beneficial in other way and 51-Point talents are often very situational.
    So plz Nezoia just stop trolling and spamming forums with same blaablaa about dispersion over and over again every day

You realise that Blizzard comment was absolutely hillarious, as the talent is more for PvE than for PvP.

And aslong as people QQ about Dispersion, I'll count QQ it with (mostly) sane arguments, and long answers that nobody bother to read.

-S Priest WILL get Dispersion
    -S Priest WILL use Dispersion as often as the Cool Down is ready

Im talking about PvE then u will need the manaregn and there are sometime enough time to cast it w/o loss that much dps...Its not every fight like Brut where u just stand in place.

And the 51er talent DONT have do be a DPS increase talent. If we do equal dmg to all other who cares if the 51 will boost our dps or not ...

Yeah this sound rly like the WORST 51er ever...

Deleted

if we would do equal dmg....

well i dont believe that is awesome...but its not bad also...probably it will be a use on cd spell in bosses...but as i see it...it depends on the fights...generally i think its an ok skill...anyway my 2cc

btw Nezoia your sig is awesome :P

It just found out, that it actually absorbs the damage from Darkness of a Thousand Souls (or well, 90% of it).

So I'll be using it alooooooooooot the upcomming weeks.

15+ Year Old Account

S-Priests were doing phenomenal damage at the beginning of beta testing. Doing so good got them nerfed and they are yet to be properly adjusted. I really have no doubt they will be balanced properly pre-expansion. Dispersion is okay, borderline great for pvp, good in certain pve situations. Dispersion is as good as Evocate, a baseline skill, with the shield bonus and without the channeled root of Evo. Is that good enough to justify it as a 51-point talent, probably.

But when you compare it to say:

Elemental Shaman 51-pointer that regens 5% mana and does a damaging knockback making it real tough to use in some pve situations
    BM hunter 51-point that does absolutely nothing but let you train different pet skins that are a minimal dps upgrade
    Mage Living Bomb which still does unimpressive damage
    Mage Deep Freeze which only has PvP implications since it had its damage removed,

it seems pretty good to me.

I don't think Dispersion is THAT bad. I agree that our 51 pointer should be dps one. But then again, with mana changes in the game - I assume mana will play a huge role and there won't be nuking someone all out without any worries about mana. Also, there will probably be encounters with high raid damage and parts where we will move and wait for boss to shift phase - those are good moments to disperse and regen some mana or soak up some damage and stay alive.

I also believe that developers will sort our DPS. This whole month before wotlk will be sort of a test. As far as I saw and concluded, Survival Hunters and Arms Warriors are getting huge nerfs so their dps becomes balanced. I've got no problem with our dps, I know it's utter crap but there will always be a spot for me in my guild's raids. The problem I am more concerned with is the utter boredom of our class since we lost two spells in our rotations and we're becoming mind flay spammers.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    I am more concerned with is the utter boredom of our class since we lost two spells in our rotations and we're becoming mind flay spammers.
    Which two are being lost?
    - Melting Faces since 2006 -

Quote Originally Posted by Elsye
    Which two are being lost?
    SW:P (Because of P&S), and SW (Because of to low damage)

SW:P (Because of P&S), and SW (Because of to low damage)
    And the potion button

Quote Originally Posted by Eloro
    Then our dps is fine and the 'others' (names? I think you're making it up tbh) will get nerfed because 2.5k dps at naxx level is the 'aim' for casters.
    lol just because fury warrs do 3.5k at lvl 70 and pallys do 3k on nerfed brutallus atm