Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Getting paid to play wow?

i saw i a post a while back someone mentioned the fact that Nihilum get paid to play and clear content, and i suspect that sk gaming is in the same boat if its true.

so my question is, is this true? can u get paid to play wow as a job?

Re: Getting paid to play wow?

My guess is they're being sponsored, not paid per se.

chinese gold farmers
    Asus Z270-AR Prime
    i7-7700K - NZXT Kraken x61
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
    GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme
    XPG GAMMIX 1TB NVMe M.2 (2)
    Corsair Air 540 case

I suspect they're tied up on a chair playing WoW all day, while their FAMILIES are paid!!

one of our realm players recently went to sk gaming though and all he got was a freaking mousemat..
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

Just do what I do:

Find a job that let's you telecommute. (a real, actual, get paid decent money + benefits and never have to talk to anyone job).

Set your WoW computer up next to your work computer and tap into your T1 line that your work provided you.

Play while working!

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk
    No, and SK-Gaming are no longer a WoW PvE guild. Your dreams of playing WoW for a living are all fake, you will one day, need to move out of your parents house and get a real job.
    Get a haircut, and get a real job. Clean your act up, and don't be a slob. Get it together like your big brother Bob. Why don't you get a haircut, and get a real job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Il1dan
    Sorry bro but it is mmo-champion the #1 QQ web site on the net

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk
    No, and SK-Gaming are no longer a WoW PvE guild. Your dreams of playing WoW for a living are all fake, you will one day, need to move out of your parents house and get a real job.
    And miss getting the Achievement?

Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by koruption
    Just do what I do:

Find a job that let's you telecommute. (a real, actual, get paid decent money + benefits and never have to talk to anyone job).

Set your WoW computer up next to your work computer and tap into your T1 line that your work provided you.

Play while working!
    Now that is a plan, someone give this guy an internets! /applaud

Quote Originally Posted by Aknot

LMAO
    Asus Z270-AR Prime
    i7-7700K - NZXT Kraken x61
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
    GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme
    XPG GAMMIX 1TB NVMe M.2 (2)
    Corsair Air 540 case

unfortunately i do have a job, and while working i spend all my time dreaming of a way to play games as a job....

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky
    i saw i a post a while back someone mentioned the fact that Nihilum get paid to play and clear content, and i suspect that sk gaming is in the same boat if its true.

so my question is, is this true? can u get paid to play wow as a job?
    They aren't exactly paid to play. They are very good at the game and hence they became sponsored meaning that their website is paid for(their ventrilo probably too), they get flown to Blizzcon/Tournaments, etc, the entry fee for competitions is paid for by the sponsor, and they get part of the winnings. So in a sense, they do get paid to play if they win, however it really isn't a job and probably not the best form of income.

You could also always move to China and find a WoW Sweatshop and go play WoW for pennies a day to farm gold that you don't get to keep.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger
    Get a haircut, and get a real job. Clean your act up, and don't be a slob. Get it together like your big brother Bob. Why don't you get a haircut, and get a real job?
    I liked the poem, pretty amusing and nice rhyming.

Quote Originally Posted by Aknot

That sir, is truly of epic proportion! Good job! Loved it! LMAO.

unfortunately i do have a job, and while working i spend all my time dreaming of a way to play games as a job....
    Its called being a video game tester. ;D Yes... they do exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Kare
    Its called being a video game tester. ;D Yes... they do exist.
    what, i thought it was just a myth, like loch ness monster and jesus, ill have to look into this a bit closer me thinks...

what, i thought it was just a myth, like loch ness monster and jesus, ill have to look into this a bit closer me thinks...
    its harder than you think... most of the time they want people who are actively involved in gaming communities .. (recognized for writing guides etc.).. who have some sort of computer related education... have great writing skills... and a vast portfolio of gaming experience...

not to mention that you have to live close enough to company HQ (work from home is iffy), work on contract/comission, little to no health benefits and the pay is lousy. oh and you have competition from every other gamer with a dream

:x
    It's just a game.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Best job you can get is a porter for a luxury dealership

16 hours a day, benefits... the works. Pretty much you just move the cars around at dealerships in early morning, and when some people are either too paranoid about their car being stolen or scratched in a truck, the porter's job is to deliver it and rent a car/cab to airport and get back home.

when you get back to the dealership you get a hefty bonus (roughly 35 per hour pay on trip) and you sit at your own little desk and just mess around. I play wow when theres nothing do lol

AHHHHHHHHHHHH ...../sigh ...it was all just a dream??? just a ...dream??????

15+ Year Old Account

Blizz doesn't hire game testers they do the smart thing and do "open Beta" and "public test realms"

meanwhile they sit in their spinny chairs behind their desks laughing at how much they're saving..

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Blizz doesn't hire game testers they do the smart thing and do "open Beta" and "public test realms"

meanwhile they sit in their spinny chairs behind their desks laughing at how much they're saving..
    I wasn't referring to Blizzard. :P

Or do what I did for 2yrs! Work at a lan center. Quiet afternoons of nothing but wow and the oddball customer coming in here or there.

Quote Originally Posted by Swipes
    Or do what I did for 2yrs! Work at a lan center. Quiet afternoons of nothing but wow and the oddball customer coming in here or there.
    hehe i did that.. its fun for the first week or two, then gets boring as hell.
    It's just a game.

its called pro gaming aka professional gaming
    it will take few years till u will be able to live on that
    in korea there is no problem with it , especially if u play starcraft , however rest of the world is retarded (in terms of progresS) when it comes to esports and progaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Darhaja
    bad math ur doing 1.5.... its 150% sooo 100 haste rating = 250 after the buff or 300 haste rating 150% = 750 haste dunno how u got 1.5 or 15% anywhere its giving u 150% more haste from the haste u already have why do ppl try to always complicate things.