Rivendare's Deathcharger soon no longer obtainable?

Hi! I've hear rumours about the Baron mount, Rivendare's Deathcharger, being removed.
    These are the facts that would support it.

• I've heard that Baron Rivendale will be moved to Naxx80. If so, will he still be in Strat?
      If not, the mount will not be obtainable from strat anymore.
    • Blizzard increased the drop rate of the mount.
      This might be because they want more players to obtain it before it will be removed from the loot table.
    • When you have the mount, the achievement for it show up under "Feats of Strength".
      This might be because it's being removed and you will no longer be able to acquire it, hence the feats of strength category.

I am wondering if anyone on Beta or something knows more about this. Is Baron Rivendale still in strat and/or is he in fact in Naxx80?

myrddinde

Re: Rivendare's Deathcharger soon no longer obtainable?

Anzu is also a Feature of Strength, aswell as Red AQ Mount. Both are stil available and will be.

15+ Year Old Account

He is in both

Quote Originally Posted by seam
    He is in both
    Thanks for the fast answer... Can he still drop the mount in Strat? I mean, have someone actually had it drop on beta?

15+ Year Old Account

He is in both; the mount is not being removed. Also, there are plenty of things that show up as feats of strength that you can still obtain. Anzu and the red AQ40 buglet are two mentioned above, another is getting your Bloodsail Admiral hat, which gives you the title.

The reason a lot of these things are feats of strength is because *most* of them are no longer available, but Blizzard probably did not want compulsive achievement-fanatics seeing those un-obtained "Acquire the lowest percentage drop mount in the game for 10 points!" on their achievement panes.

Also, it has dropped in the beta. A draenei DK (who's name I cannot recall at the moment) stumbled across one while bored in Stratholme. Bummer.

In WotLK he is several places.

Ebon Hold, Naxx, Strat, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by BuNNyRespawned
    In WotLK he is several places.

Ebon Hold, Naxx, Strat, etc...
    Lorewise, he's in Ebon Hold in the past and then goes to Naxx. I don't know where Strat would fit in though (I'm sure other people can fill this part in).

Quote Originally Posted by Cham
    I've heard that Baron Rivendale will be moved to Naxx80. If so, will he still be in Strat?
    Yeah, right. I've also heard that Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider will be moved to Magister's Terrace. If so, will he still be in The Eye?

Seriously, are you new to this game or what?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vysogota
    Yeah, right. I've also heard that Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider will be moved to Magister's Terrace. If so, will he still be in The Eye?

Snide comments don't encourage people to continue posting. Learn to be a bit more gracious on forums and everyone is happier.

I hope that one day I will have five rare mounts: Deathcharger's Reins, Swift White Hawkstrider, Fiery Warhorse's Reins, Swift Zulian Tiger, and Swift Razzashi Raptor. Of course, I would settle for one. ><

Gaiwyn
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Vysogota

Just cause it happened once, doesn't mean they will do it again. Second, it was just a question and a good one at that, I am sure alot of people were wondering about it. So instead of being on your damn high horse and being an arse about it, learn to be a little nicer in your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn
    I hope that one day I will have five rare mounts: Deathcharger's Reins, Swift White Hawkstrider, Fiery Warhorse's Reins, Swift Zulian Tiger, and Swift Razzashi Raptor. Of course, I would settle for one. ><
    Just give me the Ashes of Al'ar and I can die in peace. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Kare

Just give me the Ashes of Al'ar and I can die in peace. ;D

They changed the animation on the Ashes this past patch.
    Still ..I love mine =)
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain

Baron start off in Strath.
    Then Arthas gets him to help him train Death Knights in Ebon Hold.
    Then he goes to Naxxrammas with Arthus in Northrend.

The Baron that is in Stath, and that will stay in Strath, is ten levels behind your current character storyline. If the game evolved as you leveled, then yes, Baron would cease to exist in Strath. Since you need re-playability, the game in many aspects does not evolve with your levels.

I would assume if the game and world did evolve as you leveled... then he would no longer be in Strath. During the Death Knight questline Baron tells you that Strath is looking for a new mayor...

long story short: You can still get the mount.

15+ Year Old Account

Added to that, the drop rate has been changed. It is now 1% (old : 0.02%, officiel number).

I get it yesterday

mounts for everybody!
    I tasted bacon.. one day..

Quote Originally Posted by Brasko
    The reason a lot of these things are feats of strength is because *most* of them are no longer available, but Blizzard probably did not want compulsive achievement-fanatics seeing those un-obtained "Acquire the lowest percentage drop mount in the game for 10 points!" on their achievement panes.
    Feats of Strength don't give points.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximelene
    Added to that, the drop rate has been changed. It is now 1% (old : 0.02%, officiel number).

I get it yesterday
    Curious, when was this change made?

about a week or so ago... Blue post

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/12/1167...rs-reigns.html

ty