Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Welfare raiding.

Some thoughts.

While everyone is busy PUG´ing BT and MH I have started wondering if this walfare raiding environment is really just a temporary thing.

I get that Blizzard wants everyone to be able to see the raid content before expansion. Though with their history of sucking up to "the casual" I am wondering how the WotlK raiding environment will turn out. I now see alot more guilds engaging in 25-man raiding which is good. But when Blizzard acknowledge how alot more people now suddenly wants to visit their raid instances - will it then cause the general dificulty of raid instances in WotlK to drop to this mind-numbing level? The heroics are already estimated to ~30mins.
    On a totally unrelated side note, I've always seen battlegrounds as gladiatorial arenas where warriors fight in glorious combat to the death. Meanwhile raiding is walking up to someone's house, kicking down the door, kicking the shit out of their family, stealing the mother's pearl necklace then screaming out "ROLL FOR LOOT! LOL!"

Re: Welfare raiding.

Translation:

"I tink im da uber l337 and me no wan deez NOOB playerz tu get me epix!"

"I meanz id iz lik wellfair, dey juzt giv dem away?!?!"

"GG Blizz I go Kancel my account nuw k thx bai."

If you had a business (thank god you don't) would you cater to 98% of your customers or 2%? Answer me honestly, then stfu.

I'd require an IQ test to use the product and be satisfied with the tiny playerbase that could actually understand how to use their brains.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by heerobya
    Translation:

If you had a business (thank god you don't) would you cater to 98% of your customers or 2%? Answer me honestly, then stfu.
    Well, I do not agree with you that 98% of the playerbase wants a game with no challenge. And no, I will not stfu darling.
    On a totally unrelated side note, I've always seen battlegrounds as gladiatorial arenas where warriors fight in glorious combat to the death. Meanwhile raiding is walking up to someone's house, kicking down the door, kicking the shit out of their family, stealing the mother's pearl necklace then screaming out "ROLL FOR LOOT! LOL!"

Hey Tigercat, lets test your IQ. What does Redundant mean?

anyway too easy raids mean the casual players will only play for 2 or 3 months then leave for a game that will hold there ADD inspired brains for a new 2 or 3 months. The game will get its difficulty back but just with the 10 and 25 man added. I just wish they would add mare then 1 tier dif. in gear and maybe add some 40+ world bosses to keep the hardcore raiders intoo the game. This would open the game up to more people but give the hard cores some thing to look forward to. Being a former hard core and now a asshat scasual I think this would bennafit both sides of the argument.

Why do people refer to casual players as someone who's less "skilled" in a game? What makes a casual player a worse player than a hardcore player?

A casual player is someone who doesn't play the game extensively, prohibited by work/family or by own choice. That does not mean they are worse at playing. I've met more good casual players than hardcore players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikarus76
    anyway too easy raids mean the casual players will only play for 2 or 3 months then leave for a game that will hold there ADD inspired brains for a new 2 or 3 months. The game will get its difficulty back but just with the 10 and 25 man added. I just wish they would add mare then 1 tier dif. in gear and maybe add some 40+ world bosses to keep the hardcore raiders intoo the game. This would open the game up to more people but give the hard cores some thing to look forward to. Being a former hard core and now a asshat scasual I think this would bennafit both sides of the argument.
    Redundant means quoting your second post here, AND calling you an idiot, even though you already illustrated it yourself.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Heroics is WotLK are a JOKE.

10Naxx and even 25 are arguably easier than heroics.

WRATH OF THE CASUAL PLAYER
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

Normal lvl78+ dungeons are completely redundant because heroics are so easy anyone can PUG them. I have literally never set foot in a high lvl normal dungeon and breezed through heroics in blues and greens.

Don't believe me? See for yourself:

Quote Originally Posted by sd78
    Normal lvl78+ dungeons are completely redundant because heroics are so easy anyone can PUG them. I have literally never set foot in a high lvl normal dungeon and breezed through heroics in blues and greens.

Don't believe me? See for yourself:

i used them for leveling, the exp is much much better than questing, though u lose some rep and if u havent done the quests already u lose some of the new release feel.

LOL...where did Blizzard state this exactly?

It's common sense, the beta is only open for a few months, so they want people to gear up and test everything ASAP, and if that means cutting some damage output and other things to test the mechanics then they will do that.

If they opened the beta with the same difficulty as the first 4-5 months of TBC, you would have very few people running the instances, and not enough people actually "testing" anything since they need the gear to do it. Mindless running lower end stuff for weeks just to get gear to run the higher ones. Maybe get enough to do a 25 man. By the time you find 25 geared people in a beta that hard, the beta would be nearly over.

Look how long it took already for 25 people to down malygos?

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by heerobya
    Translation:

I couldn't have said it any better myself. A game should be fun, not a continuous grind towards 'progression'.

edit: ragga awesome sig
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor
    It's common sense, the beta is only open for a few months, so they want people to gear up and test everything ASAP, and if that means cutting some damage output and other things to test the mechanics then they will do that.

If they opened the beta with the same difficulty as the first 4-5 months of TBC, you would have very few people running the instances, and not enough people actually "testing" anything since they need the gear to do it. Mindless running lower end stuff for weeks just to get gear to run the higher ones. Maybe get enough to do a 25 man. By the time you find 25 geared people in a beta that hard, the beta would be nearly over.

Look how long it took already for 25 people to down malygos?

Just saying.
    I sincerely hope you are right though I am yet to see a Blizzard confirmation of the issue.

Blizz has stated several times that instances are down-tuned and will be harder in live. Just look through the front page posts on mmo-champ and you should find them.

What others have responded makes sense. Blizz would want to test for bugs and problems with mechanics. Tuning it later on is easier once everything wors as intended

The irony is delicious.

My guild started 25 mans in March and only raids bout 9 hours a week. I think we did pretty good getting up to 5/6 SSC, 2/4 TK and 1/5 Hyjal. I wish we would have had more time before WoTLK to continue progressing. It is at least some consolation to be able to see more of the TBC end game content before WoTLK.

How do you expect beta testers to test the heroics if they cant even make it through them in the first place? blizzard makes them easy mode in beta for a reason, makes for quicker testing, they did it with BC they will do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldor
    Why do people refer to casual players as someone who's less "skilled" in a game? What makes a casual player a worse player than a hardcore player?

A casual player is someone who doesn't play the game extensively, prohibited by work/family or by own choice. That does not mean they are worse at playing. I've met more good casual players than hardcore players.
    ^^this.

GG to people questioning IQ/my smarts who don't even understand the words they are using.

Casual player does NOT mean less skilled, just less time able to invest.

So, using the real definition of "casual" my statement is 100% correct still. Smart thing to do is cater to the vast majority of your playerbase. WHICH THEY ARE DOING with the 10-man raids and instances with more wings, yet are shorter time-wise per wing.

But guess what morons, they are ALSO catering to the hardcore 2% with the Achievement system and "hard mode" challenges. Oh and Heroics.

See, if you open your eyes you can actually see!