Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Say what you want, ret is trashed

Quote Originally Posted by dsc
    when will you pallys learn.

teagan and kaglan hated pallys in EQ.
    you are pink for a reason.
    its a tease. accept the fact that all they really want you to do is spam one button on a warrior tank.

ok good...
    accept it...
    move on.
    I dunno why ppl don't accept it.

Pally nerf was announced in so many posts b4 patches.

Come on guys, "the brain" use it!

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick494
    My SoC was hitting for levels I have not seen since level 65. 800 - 900 damage on average.
    I laughed when he said he was trying to do DPS in 3.02 with SoComm.

Fail paladin is fail.

Quote Originally Posted by soulrage
    I'm sorry, I just can't hold it any longer. . . To all you pallies that thought you were "good" in pvp, 2 shotting people in greens/blues, *Deep Breath* HAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLKEK! ;D

Payback is a b!tch
    Yea, I'll come and r4pe you on my rogue instead, that sounds fine?

Not seeing the post around anymore to quote, but as Uthall quoted:
    "My SoC was hitting for levels I have not seen since level 65. 800 - 900 damage on average."

I think it was pretty obvious they would have to nerf seals when they made it so they proc'd so much more.
    Previously: 1 proc chance per 3.3-3.8s, on your auto swing. Or, something like .3 proccing attacks per second.
    3.0: Same, + 1 chance per 6s (CS), +1-4 per 10s (DS) +1 per 8-10s (judge), or something like .65 proccing attacks per second. (assuming only one target hit by DS)

In essence, you proc a -ton- more. This made burst grow pretty absurdly, even ignoring that DS was added. The nerf isn't surprising.
    Makes me wonder, though.. SoComm always had a minor bonus use in that when it procs, it procs JoWis, unlike SoBlood. That usefulness is doubled now, for what it's worth.

I tried testing it on the level 70 target dummies but since they are bugged and it only ticks for 1 damage, yeah that makes it hard to judge. But with nothing but self buffs, mana was almost hardly and issue (i'm sure with full raid buffs / replen constantly up its not even something to think about), and I was still hitting pretty hard. In order to try and test out the changes to RV and avoid the bug on the dummies I decided to try and kill some level 70 elites.

well the level 70 elites died to fast for me to even judge how much DPS I was doing.

From what I saw my sustained RAID DPS doesnt appear to be screwed up to much (hard to judge however not being in a raid setting)

My PvP BURST DPS is down by around 400-600ish or so it seems, but that is understandable since I was watching crap geared pallies that just hit 70 give 4/5 brutal DPS players issues.

And ret isnt trash, you obviously didnt play ret Pre-bc if you think its trashed now.

edit: and yes I at one point thought we were fine till I saw pallies in greens and blues kill stuff they really shouldnt be killing, and really bad players getting Veng / Brutal shoulders.

I think it is time to repeat 90% of all ret paladin's advice at them: it will balance out at 80!!
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

The tears taste so good.

Keyword being BAAAAAAAAAAAAWW

:'(
    In life pain is mandatory; Suffering however, is optional...
    Source: Naruto

Where did all the "L2KITE NOOB" and "YOUR TEARS POLISH MY ARMOR" paladin's go?
    Hi

Im wondering the same, they used to be everywhere.

I don't see any problem with the fact that I can kill players in full brutal with grey weps and mining picks. Hell, I won't be satisfied untill I can kill the top players in the world with unarmed combat. I want to see Hafu die to a ret paladin wearing Twill and The Stoppable Force. Ok, just a little sarcastic (not joking about the mining pick thing though :-\).

I had no trouble with ret before 3.0, I could almost always put up big numbers in BGs, got my arena teams as high as I think I deserved to based on what I was playing with, maxed out my gear with what I had available, almost broke 2k DPS a few times in BT when I actually raided (zero sunwell gear). 3.0 comes along and I'm pretty much just rolling everything, soloing lvl 70 instances, had a few cases in BGs where I was top damage AND healing, got arena teams over 2050 playing with a ret paladin in S1/s2, now shes going to be running around in that gear w/ brutal weapon lol. Ret/Ret/Arcane mage 3v3, never played together before, pick a target and mash your buttons, victory.

Basically what I'm seeing is that people who really did suck before are finally buffed so much that they feel viable. Its not just the fact that guys in greens are earning a victory over Mr. Gladiator Druid #9999, its that people who actually enjoyed ret before the buffs are totally rickrolling everything in sight now. Sorry guys, you can't go grab a twig from Elwynn Forest and be a god. The only beef I had with ret in BC was the inability to threaten a geared healer by any means, but that didn't bother me as much outside of 2v2 arenas, I'd just gun for someone else and use teamwork to strike the healer when the time was right.

"It will balance out @ 80!!!1!" No, at this rate I doubt it. Assuming level 80 players in pvp gear will have around 20k HP in the beginnings of Wrath, I can already do most of that damage right now in a single stun at level 70, its only going to get worse when my damage goes up. And yes, its damn annoying that I can't shrug off all the little guys anymore who picked up some +AP greens on the AH and can actually hurt me. Ret is not balanced, frontload damage changes in the DOWNWARD direction are needed, almost any sensible ret paladin with extensive PvP experience could tell you the same thing. Its simply not any challenge at all for me to kill anyone of any gear or skill level who isn't either a ret paladin or mage, how can anyone think this is balanced?

Too much frustration trying to get that message through to people who can only play ezmode though, so I give up. Lets buff ret paladins even more than they were, then at 80 when I'm killing you with a grey sword I picked up from a kobold near Goldshire and you cant break 1000 rating in arenas because you have to fight paladins who had half a clue in every other game, atleast you'll have the comfort of knowing that your class is balanced, right?

If you want something to worry about, worry about the sick burst damage that mages are putting out right now. Then wait untill they get the Illusions skill at 80.

Wow, a ret paladin that actually knows what he's talking about (Kupcha) I didn't think there were any of you still out there

But seriously ret paladins, please stop making QQ posts, not because I don't enjoy reading them and laughing at them it's just...I promised myself that I would masturbate each time I saw a ret paladin QQing and to be honest I'm getting blisters