1. #1

    Question about penance

    i read somewhere here that the GC's said that it was a bugged that penance required the target to be infront of you and that it would be fixed?

  2. #2

    Re: Question about penance

    i have penance now on my priest, idk if it does req. the target to be in front of you, imma go check. As for the fixing if it is bugged, i never heard such thing from what i read.

  3. #3

    Re: Question about penance

    ya, it req. you to be facing the target...

  4. #4

    Re: Question about penance

    yes it does require the target to be in front of you.


  5. #5

    Re: Question about penance

    Bug or not?

    I hope this is a bug :>

  6. #6

    Re: Question about penance

    i dont think it is, as its also an offensive spell so its proberly in the mechanics the target needs to be in front
    I tasted bacon.. one day..

  7. #7

    Re: Question about penance

    Any single-target channeled effect must have you facing the target, warlocks can't drain soul/life while turned away, same thing here. However, as long as you cast the spell while the target is in front of you, you will automatically turn to follow him as he moves. The only way for you to lose the target and stop channelling is if he runs THROUGH you.

  8. #8

    Re: Question about penance

    and yet, despite what people here may say, GC did say this was not intended and will be changed.

    a couple of weeks ago already.

  9. #9

    Re: Question about penance

    Quote Originally Posted by Imsyu
    i read somewhere here that the GC's said that it was a bugged that penance required the target to be infront of you and that it would be fixed?
    Here is what blue said and the link:

    Q u o t e:
    1) Penance requires you to face your target when using it to heal.


    Having to face a target to heal is fixed.

  10. #10

    Re: Question about penance

    Quote Originally Posted by Xavi
    proberly
    Rofl. Couldn't help it.

    /trollvanish

  11. #11

    Re: Question about penance

    Quote Originally Posted by Whoru
    Any single-target channeled effect must have you facing the target, warlocks can't drain soul/life while turned away, same thing here. However, as long as you cast the spell while the target is in front of you, you will automatically turn to follow him as he moves. The only way for you to lose the target and stop channelling is if he runs THROUGH you.
    I'll have you remember that the only single-target channeled spells in the game prior to penance were damage dealing spells.

    With that in mind, saying that since penance, too, is a single-target channeled spell and so should require you to face your target would not be unlike saying that since the first automobile was a wheeled contraption designed to move people, then it must be pulled by some sort of animal.

  12. #12

    Re: Question about penance

    When you try to bandage people that arn't in front of you you turn in their direction.

  13. #13

    Re: Question about penance

    Quote Originally Posted by Pajamasalad
    When you try to bandage people that arn't in front of you you turn in their direction.
    Hopefully pennance will do that soon :-(

  14. #14

    Re: Question about penance

    Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    Hopefully pennance will do that soon :-(
    It works like a PoM. What's wrong with it?
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)

  15. #15

    Re: Question about penance

    Quote Originally Posted by Topcraft
    It works like a PoM. What's wrong with it?
    Is it fixed? As far as 3.0.2 goes, if you are not facing your target, penance will not successfully cast. PoM isnt channeled, therefore you can be on the run and PoM anyone around you in a 360deg range.

  16. #16

    Re: Question about penance

    Quote Originally Posted by bored059
    Is it fixed? As far as 3.0.2 goes, if you are not facing your target, penance will not successfully cast. PoM isnt channeled, therefore you can be on the run and PoM anyone around you in a 360deg range.
    Sorrt, I meant, it *should* work like PoM, where it's an instant cast an can be 'thrown' around to anyone. Having to face your target would be normal that way.
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)

  17. #17
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    534

    Re: Question about penance

    you have to face your target, end of story.
    Dreanor EU Horde
    90 Priest, Nadiya, 574
    90 Rogue, Cayumi, 554
    90 Paladin, Rallyho, 553
    90 Druid, Månflinga, 549

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •