Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...

Re: Invasion phase 5, Retribution nerf, Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by hosehead
    LOL YOU LOST ME AT JUDGEMENT OF WISE.

I'm sure you have something worthy and honourable to say in there somewhere, it's just that nobody who comes here is going to bother trying to find it.
    Such a contributing member of the forum.

/retpaladintopic

Ghostcrawler plays nice with the announcement of the nerf... so humble and courageous of him to be "honest" with us.

What a bunch of bullshit.

He specifically stated ret paladin PvE DPS was where it should be. Now he comes back and is like "lolwut? I sud dat??" What a joke. pre-BC feral droods and (surprise!) us retpaladins know what it is like to be shit on by Blizzard because of community outcry.

I just wish I could garner enough community morons to cry about resto droods.

Quote Originally Posted by Slash Wink
    I'm still trying to figure out what you're getting at. Did you expect any team with a pally to just sweep all competition? It looked like Pandemic Blue did very well in the standings and they had a pally on that team (I don't know what spec). Looks like SK EU fielded a pally a few games as well. So did team fnatic. So did x6stence. So did Team ROCCAT.

That in and of itself says something when 3s have been dominated by PMR forever and paladins have been more or less forgotten in 3s. Looking at the latest SK-gaming stats, war/pal/sham is one of the dominant comps right now. Even if it isn't the top comp, they definitely weren't up there a month ago.
    So because paladins became slightly better, but not top, they should be nerfed to hell?

Paladins are not slightly better when they destroy EVERY class in the game as of now. No one class can beat a pally solo unless they severly outgear them. As a hunter (Vorlagen-Scilla) I have an awful time trying to kill pallies who cannot be kited(BoF), can heal, do insane burst, stun/incapacitate, and become immune to ALL attacks. (I tend to not carry a pocket priest XD) I even watched an S4 warrior get facerolled by an S1 pally. There is no equality there. I really don't see what more paladins could want, seeing as how my bubble just wont cast . . I have no numbers to back my statements up obviously, but seeing as how nearly every BG I go in my buddy Dranzius-Scilla owns everyone. He got a 50 KB 0 death streak in Brutal/Venge with a Cat's edge. Don't get me wrong I fell my hunter does loads of dps. I never go oom, but I feel a nerf coming my way as well. All I can say is, let's wait until we see how things are at 80 and bear with Blizzard until then. Senseless whining over the internet solves how many issues you may be having? None that I know of.

"If you're smart enough to [...] do Arenas on your character, you're smart enough to know how to make an intelligent post"

LOL

That couldn't be further from the truth, look at all the "shining" examples on the Hunter forums.

And /facepalm at people actually being excited over this.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Ufalah
    So because paladins became slightly better, but not top, they should be nerfed to hell?
    No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying it says a hell of a lot about how much pallys jumped in power over the course of a week when the top world teams went from their usual comps to including an untested, unknown comp just because of how powerful that new addition was.

Look, I get you guys are upset. My main used to be a hunter. The least represented class in arenas in every bracket in every season. At least paladins had a few glimpses of being good. I remember s1 holy was the cat's meow in 2s. I also remember not very long ago 5s teams picking up ret pallys as well.

However, that doesn't give you the right to break the game for the other 9 classes. You had your fun. GC already said if they nerfed you too much, they'll adjust it again. So unbunch your panties and chill out.

*fixed a typo*

Seal of wisdom might as well be removed.
    Also the decrease from 33% to 15% is a bit much. In raids I am still managing to run out of mana in some ocassions and forced to sit there and watch my damage done to fall form the middle to the bottom. \
    It seems in my opinion that I may as well go back to prot.
    http://www.zetbit.com/sig-386998.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by stealth2
    Seal of wisdom might as well be removed.
    Also the decrease from 33% to 15% is a bit much. In raids I am still managing to run out of mana in some ocassions and forced to sit there and watch my damage done to fall form the middle to the bottom. \
    It seems in my opinion that I may as well go back to prot.
    Seal of wisdom is not there just for you. As amazing as that may sound to some egos found in the thread, there are 24 other people in the raid with you. Some of them might find it quite useful in any form.

Quote Originally Posted by Achillesx
    Judgement of wise on ret will ruin their base mana at lvl 80. Comparing lvl 70 mana pool and lvl 80 mana pool are 2 very extreme situations. Right now we see a significant boost of mana regularly as our seals and spells dont consume most of our base mana at 70 but for the lvl 80 mana pool it will take more mana than what we expect and with the nerf its going to be very difficult for us to get sufficient mana and noting that our seals and spells mana requirement will be more than what it may be now.Further more for the mana drains that other classes will use like hunters and priest. It seems blizzard is just trying to balance judgement of wise for lvl 70 while the expansion is out not very long from now.
    why the accusation of what us retri feel. This isnt a nerf just to our burst dps.Its nerfed the whole paladin class on the whole.We have yet to see if the class is balanced or is worse than ever before.Im not making any statements on retri considering that they dont deserve a nerf but im saying that blizzard should not have nerfed mostly the entire class. Its a piece of my mind what i think has made the real time retri players shooken up.If blizzard is going on something good for us it better be soon that they be deploying it or we would be falling behind other classes again. This can change peoples mind on even buying wotlk who ever really wants to focus playing paladins.i respect that blizzard has concentrated on our class the most this coming expansion but the end result is that i want to see retri doing as well or nearly as well as other classes are doing. All i hope now is that retri are stabilized for the expansion and i hope u others are hoping that too.

wall of text ftl, moron.

Also base mana =/= total mana.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

so, even tho warriors can kill one target and move on, with full or damn near full energy they feel the need to nerf pallies so they can't do this... and if we're getting nerfs I really hope I see these other completely OP classes ( warriors / mages ( especially pvp wise ) and hunters pve...
    good mages rofl my nearly resil capped ret pally right now b4 i can even get to them....
    I still say some nerfs were reasonable while others are completely outa wack, your gonna end up putting ret back to the bottom of the barrel, and all these other classes whining about ret wont' stop until thats right where we are...
    So whatever give us a taste at being capable of topping dps on some fights then kick us back down to the bottom 5 no matter of our gear or skill.... thanks blizz u suck.. You should; find a happy median, this means not adding 10 nerfs all at once, add one test it, if needed add another... don't totally blow us outa the water, we had a pretty shitty deal for what 3 years... like comon

Oki. First off, you cant compare Retri ro a Warr, the classes work in completely different ways, we've been playing the for years now, we should know this. and yes, a warr can run off after a fight with near, or full energy, they will not however have full health as well.

Retri as a spec did need buffing, dmg was not great, and it sucked for you guys that like hitting things with fat maces.

but at the end of the day, the paladin class a hybrid class, and under no curcumstance should a hybrid ever be out performing the pures in a given role. other wise there'd be no point rolling them. I've been in raids since the patch and retridins are top on dmg, above better gear'd mages. thats just not right. yes buff them, it makes for more fun, and its helped me lvl my retridin the last few weeks, but it badly needs balancing.

just my two pennies

dps specs, should assuming their equally geared be able to compete with all other dps specs, if not whats the point..
    unfortunately for years all classes, and I mean ALL classes would out dps ret, assuming their of equal gear..
    right now, I have relatively equal gear as ret to other ppl in my guild, and on trash I do feel kinda OP but on boss fights hunters / mages still do quite a bit more damage then I do... locks I feel bad for too, they got a really crap deal outa this whole thing I hope to c that class get some ups too, at least desto anyways...
    I mean really y would anyone wanna go ret, if they can't top the meters once and a while, I like to compete and if my class won't allow me to compete with others, then I simply will either stop playing or roll another spec.... By the looks of it I'm gonna be forced to roll prot again, even tho I've been forced to roll it for almost 3 years now, and honestly it's getting kinda old. Oh well, gj blizz in over doing it once again..
    peace

Quote Originally Posted by DPB
    dps specs, should assuming their equally geared be able to compete with all other dps specs, if not whats the point..
    unfortunately for years all classes, and I mean ALL classes would out dps ret, assuming their of equal gear..
    right now, I have relatively equal gear as ret to other ppl in my guild, and on trash I do feel kinda OP but on boss fights hunters / mages still do quite a bit more damage then I do... locks I feel bad for too, they got a really crap deal outa this whole thing I hope to c that class get some ups too, at least desto anyways...
    I mean really y would anyone wanna go ret, if they can't top the meters once and a while, I like to compete and if my class won't allow me to compete with others, then I simply will either stop playing or roll another spec.... By the looks of it I'm gonna be forced to roll prot again, even tho I've been forced to roll it for almost 3 years now, and honestly it's getting kinda old. Oh well, gj blizz in over doing it once again..
    peace
    Because mages/hunters/rogues/locks bring anything nearly remotely close to a raid like blessings or judgements or DI. You want to talk about straight up damage and ignore everything else, you're going to have to face the fact that you rolled the wrong class. I don't know if you've heard, but Blizzard is intending to give everyone the ability to dual spec. That means at the drop of a hat, you can go from damage to healing to tanking. Mages can go from damage to damage..to..well, damage. That's it. You want to do as much damage as the pure classes? What do they get in return? If the answer is nothing, you might as well just bench those four classes. Because there is no way in hell Misdirect, Soulstones, or mage tables is on par with the ability to change your raid role. Don't even try to bring up the gear argument. At the end of a tier's lifespan, 90% of the loot either goes to offspec or gets sharded anyhow.

The pure classes should do more damage than hybrids given equal gear and skill. The only thing is, they shouldn't be head and shoulders above the hybrids. GC mentioned that they were aiming between 5%-10% difference between the hybrids and the pures and I'm fine with that. Rets should 100% be able to compete with the other hybrids given equal skill and gear, but to say you should be in the same league as the pure classes is the same as saying I should have your job. I can do it just as good as you, but I can do more. Now go sit outside while we down these bosses.

I'm SO FUCKING HAPPY NOW WITH THIS NERF, now I can see whos gonna reroll his fuckin ass or back to holy and real retri will stay forever retri no matter what.

Proud to reach 2060 as retri. but sadly the season end earlier.
    Proud to be 2nd dood with s4 sword in A'A (Blackout) after THE LEGENDARY "Zalgradis".
    Proud to be nerfed, TTG BABY.

<3 BLIZZARD Co.

/fix lag in arena

Well, people that are whining over the Retri nerf comming up should consider what is actualy going on. since patch 3.0.2 we have been dominating both bg/arena og Raid pve, its a pretty simple fact. bg/Arena wise, we have the best suviveability and have allways had it, tho before we couldnt do instant FoL og AW in bobble, we can do that now, means every target we meet is dead no matter what. it was fun the first day or two, but then it became borring, cos now one could take u down not even with Bobble on cd, unless u had 3 people on u.

pve wise, we've dominated too. Ive been playing rogue pve og pala pve/pvp and from the latest patch 3.0.2 i have been testing the chages of the patch and it is fail. ive been raiding MH, BT, SWP since the release with my pala and both overall and 90% of all boss fights ive been top 2(mostly nr1) on the dps meter with a +2300 dps, and compared to gear( My pala gear is mostly craft and some S2 with BS - Lionheart Exe) and the other classes and the raid is with 5-6/8 T6 gear, and still im owning them, that havent been the idea or the meaning that Hybrid classes should ever be top 3-5 overall dps wise, those spots belongs to, Rogue,Mage,Warlock,Hunter, the 4 pure dps classes.

Glad that there are comeing some nerf's to Retribution paladins, but still hope that it wont be to big would still like to be over Shamans :P

Glad that there are comeing some nerf's to Retribution paladins, but still hope that it wont be to big would still like to be over Shamans :P
    Since Retribution has good heal, i don't care about other nerfs, end of story

/Whine more you "retri wanna be"

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by stupid11
    Also base mana =/= total mana.
    Ret gear at 80 has zero int on it - hence in ret pallys case, base mana is pretty much total mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Complicated
    Since Retribution has good heal, i don't care about other nerfs, end of story

/Whine more you "retri wanna be"
    lol stfu, the post was not a whine post learn2read....

make wow as it was before 3.0 plz
    User has been banned 4 weeks for not doing any effort to spell correctly.

weclome to the real world lolreti
    User has been banned 4 weeks for not doing any effort to spell correctly.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_
    Seal of wisdom is not there just for you. As amazing as that may sound to some egos found in the thread, there are 24 other people in the raid with you. Some of them might find it quite useful in any form.
    Seal of Wisdom is only for the paladin. Judgment is for other members.