Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Offer Compensation?

3) Judgement and Seals: Damage reduced by 20%. This is the major damage adjustment -- a lot of damage was coming from these. We do realize this hurts Holy and Protection as well, and that is something for which we are prepared to offer compensation (particularly if it hurts Protection's threat generation).
    And that compensation is?

Who wants to bet that is nothing.

Re: Offer Compensation?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoan

me :P
    I'm already beating warriors on threat meters on a regular basis (haven't tried after the seal/judge nerf though) and we get ShoR on lvl 75 and as far as I know, warriors get no ability that they can work into their rotation between 71 and 80

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hatsuyuki
    I'm already beating warriors on threat meters on a regular basis (haven't tried after the seal/judge nerf though) and we get ShoR on lvl 75 and as far as I know, warriors get no ability that they can work into their rotation between 71 and 80
    Warriors are getting Enraged Regen (30% self healing from consuming an enrage effect) and Heroic Throw (PvP move).

We had another attack called Enraged Assault but that was removed a long time ago.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Hatsuyuki
    They don't need to cause their abilities scale very well with gear and they get new ranks of all their tanking abilities.

I'll bet they are looking for a way to buff holy without buffing ret. Equally, prot may well be fine - we shall see.

Blizzard is saying if the other trees get hurt it will be compensated for. What is your point with this threat? I've seen some pointless QQ in my days but this is kinda impressive.
    "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." ~ Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Liardy
    Blizzard is saying if the other trees get hurt it will be compensated for. What is your point with this threat? I've seen some pointless QQ in my days but this is kinda impressive.
    Humhum...ret paladins were gimped through whole TBC. That's a long time. And they have had all this time to buff holy paladin DPS yet they have not done a SINGLE thing to buff it. Go ahead, read the patch notes and all. There is not a single mention of them buffing holy DPS. I don't really believe they will buff holy paladins. Would be awesome if they did, but doesn't look likely.

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    They don't need to cause their abilities scale very well with gear and they get new ranks of all their tanking abilities.
    The thing is: so do we, yet we get our shield slam at lvl 75.
    So looking at the case I'm facing right now:
    pre-nerf we had comparable DPS, ours was probably better.
    post-nerf... well I don't know yet seeing as I haven't tested yet, but I'm guessing our TPS will drop slightly.

Now at lvl 75 paladins get ShoR, which buffs our TPS. Warriors get nice stuff like a range/silence pull ability and a self heal, but nothing that can be added to a standard tanking rotation like paladins get. Thus we will prolly have higher TPS (unless for some reason warriors scale 100x beter than paladins, but looking at the current numbers that doesn't seem the case)

Prot nerf was partially justified with that 10% boss armor boost. As for holy they should propably put something on end tier on holy tree.

A nerf makes you worse without compensating. And in this case it's good.

Ret dmg needed to be scaled back some (not as massive a enrf as they gave,but still needed dmg reduction).

What sucks is the way they nerfed means holy and Prot, which used to be fine for soloing quests on the beta and the like now will take ~20% longer. Maybe the buff to HoR will help, but possibly not. I haven't had time to test on beta with our guilds push to finish SWP. (Up to KJ,he's going down baby!)

I did the dailies as holy and prot before the first patch then ret after the patch. Holy did the most damage because Prot always ran out of mana. Ret paladins after patch were overpowered. There is no arguement you can make that they weren't overpowered that makes any sense. My only fear is that the nerf was too much. Going to respec to ret after nerf and see if I can do dailies at the same speed as arms warrior and hunter. I hate seeing nerfs but I have seen ret paladins pre-patch place 2nd on dps for a Gruul takedown.

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=53600

Once you get this skill, single targets wont be an issue, and by the time its dead through concencrate and hammer you will have the adds, if any, stuck to you.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

yiptastic

I'm expecting a free reroll - as in giving me a premade lvl 80 toon of my choice.

HotR buff to 4x will give us threat increase imo, so at least some compensatin's already announced :P

Quote Originally Posted by Draco cracona
    HotR buff to 4x will give us threat increase imo, so at least some compensatin's already announced :P
    It's already in the game.

Use HoR, you will notice it is hitting for 4x as it is, they just didn't update the tooltip.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Ah, nice, thought it was high already - my bad. I'm not convinced that prot doesn't decerve this nerf anyway tbh, the TPS does seem pretty high anyway, so the seal/judgement nerf shouldn't hurt much.

Quote Originally Posted by mulinexman
    A nerf makes you worse without compensating. And in this case it's good.
    The nerf was intended for ret, not Prot and holy which also got effected.
    Read before you post.

Regarding the nerf effect Holy and Prot: As a tank, I'm more concerned with the loss of damage for dailies, grinding, etc. I couldn't give a damn about threat, because it's mostly a moot point now. I really hope they do indeed offer some compensation in the form of more DPS and not TPS. 5xWepDmg HotR anyone? :-)

Nice post, handy to have some solid numbers, FYI the assumption of base+buffs for mana pool is what you'd expect for a retridin as I understand it. Worth noting that this thread isn't about retnerfs though, this is about the knock on effects to holy/prot's DPS/TPS from the decision to nerf all seals across the board, and compensation for that.