Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Prot Warrior on the Ret Nerf

I play a well geared Protection Warrior.

This sounds crazy... but I'm upset about the Ret nerf! With the addition of Vigilance and Repentance. I mean.... a Ret Paladin was the PERFECT partner for a Prot Warrior in 3.0.

I put Vigilance on the Ret Pally. Tell him to wait 10 second for DPS. Put him on Add when needed. PLUS a CC. I mean its great!

Not to mention with Ret being so great.... Paladins around the WoW world are spec'ing Ret which leaves 1 more tank spot open for me.

Leave Ret alone!
    (80) - (80)
    Proud Member of the MMO-Champion Community
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Prot Warrior on the Ret Nerf

I don't think these nerfs are going to ruin them for PvE, most people seem to whining about being gimped in PvP. (Surprise, Surprise.).

Quote Originally Posted by ArmageddonX

This sounds crazy... but I'm upset about the Ret nerf! With the addition of Vigilance and Repentance. I mean.... a Ret Paladin was the PERFECT partner for a Prot Warrior in 3.0.

I put Vigilance on the Ret Pally. Tell him to wait 10 second for DPS. Put him on Add when needed. PLUS a CC. I mean its great!

Not to mention with Ret being so great.... Paladins around the WoW world are spec'ing Ret which leaves 1 more tank spot open for me.

Leave Ret alone!
    You need to put vigilance on him?! Even if you do that you still have to WAIT 10 seconds for him to start damage?!

Wow.. just.. wow. You even say your a WELL geared prot warrior.. Im not sure I believe. I open the gate with 3k TPS with my current gear on Nyamia (look me up, im pretty good, but not super leet) and people can start DPS as soon as I pull. I have no idea what your doing wrong.

nilinor i doubt thats true lol
    i play a retri pala and i wait about 5 seconds b4 starting on boss, and even then if im critting from start i have to back down to auto attack so as not to overaggro, i always have vigilance on me from MT, 3k tps? rofl
    when i burst into combat i burst in with 6k+ theres no way in heaven or hell any warrior can hold that tps if i or any other wellgeared retri doesnt wait a couple seconds b4 attacking

The OP smells strongly of sarcasm. Well played, imo.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

dps pala's are still nice to bring along, when they screw up and get no heals they can still bubble =)
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor
    You need to put vigilance on him?! Even if you do that you still have to WAIT 10 seconds for him to start damage?!

Wow.. just.. wow. You even say your a WELL geared prot warrior.. Im not sure I believe. I open the gate with 3k TPS with my current gear on Nyamia (look me up, im pretty good, but not super leet) and people can start DPS as soon as I pull. I have no idea what your doing wrong.
    And right now at 481 D your critable. : / Go regem since the patch took out your 20 defense rating.

I play a Prot warrior -- Rerolled Paladin tank

I'll reserve Judgment on this whole ordeal till 80 but my decision to swap to my pally to MT our guilds raids was brought on the issue of finding paladins to Raid the only things I can see a paladin needing to "equal" out to a Warrior - although there pretty close would be.

A single Target Taunt

Also - I'm a little concerned that glyph selection and Ideally I'm hoping both classes dps are equal to one another but im a little concerned lets just wait and see at 80.

Tichondrius- Berah, and Berathus are the toons if you need to see gear- yep i know kara gloves and KJ helm. Thank you 3.0 : / -- got to 3% on muru 15 minutes before servers shut down before 3.0 arrived

I put Vigilance on the Ret Pally.
    Tell him to wait 10 second for DPS.
    Put him on Add when needed.
    I dont know what u mean with "well geared" but if you are, you must be a really bad Tank if you have to put vigilance on the pally and still have to tell him to wait 10 sec. to dps lol, just lol.

And you let some Retardin tank an add for you sometimes? What the hell! Get some balls and do it yourself. No Warrior in his right mind would even consider this blasphemy. :

15+ Year Old Account

Don't see what the problem is with the Ret pally waiting a bit before opening up.

I'm 53 Arms and I usually wait about five seconds before starting my rotation proper (ie I put Rend up ASAP, white hit a few times for a good rage pool to work with then go to town) and even with Vigilance up I'm usually riding 90-95% threat for most stand-still fights. It's the same with our Ret Pally, and with our enh shamen.

All four of us are now doing terrific DPS, and are the three classes without a threat dump ability (spriests as well, but they're still not doing enough DPS or threat to pull). Thus, we're always on top with threat.

This is with our regular MT who's been with us for years and has always held over us. If a tank is shooting ahead by miles in T6 fights and above then DPS'ers are just being fucking lazy and need to pull their fingers out and do some real legwork.

Especially with the huge amounts of raid healing Ret's can do, no-one ever asks him for a HoSalv. He HAS to save it for himself.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

For raid it would be better move to slap vigilance on a hunter propably.

Wouldn't be lets say elemental shamans the best partner for you if they would have a 100 yard ae that instantly kill everything (without a cd ofc)?

lol @ u

hence why our top 2 tanks (prot warriors) stick vigilance on the top hunter and the top retri ^^

Quote Originally Posted by sillverhair
    3k tps? rofl
    Learn2tank Retardin

3k TPS is easy as hell now.

Running Karalawl with my Prot Warrior (Mix of 3.4 badge, T4/T5) could easily AoE tank every pull with T6/SW geared Retadin with my Vigilance on him.

The only time I "give" the Retardin is the time it take for him to close the 10-15 feet to the mob(s) after I use Charge.

I don't mind Ret being OP at all. Less Pally tanks = more work for me. More DPS = faster kills. I don't PvP in WoW (balance always been a joke w/ FotM etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    For raid it would be better move to slap vigilance on a hunter propably.
    *sigh*

wrong. Always put vigilance on melee dps, even if they don't have as much DPS as ranged folk.

why? *hint* difference between melee/ranged threat generation. Look it up.

besides, hunter's have a threat wipe and can Misdirect. waste of Vigilance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor

Your not crit capped

Quote Originally Posted by Mÿth

Your not crit capped
    I don't have 490 defense either. Why? S2 thrown weapon for ranged w/ Resilience.

5.6% chance to not be crit is all you need, doesn't matter how you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by sillverhair
    nilinor i doubt thats true lol
    i play a retri pala and i wait about 5 seconds b4 starting on boss, and even then if im critting from start i have to back down to auto attack so as not to overaggro, i always have vigilance on me from MT, 3k tps? rofl
    when i burst into combat i burst in with 6k+ theres no way in heaven or hell any warrior can hold that tps if i or any other wellgeared retri doesnt wait a couple seconds b4 attacking
    im sorry are you saying your so imba you need nerfing? thats what it sounds like to me!

Quote Originally Posted by heerobya
    *sigh*

wrong. Always put vigilance on melee dps, even if they don't have as much DPS as ranged folk.

why? *hint* difference between melee/ranged threat generation. Look it up.

besides, hunter's have a threat wipe and can Misdirect. waste of Vigilance.
    What? Hunter does biggest threat of any class in this game. no threat modifiers at all. And if goal is to get max tps for the tank hunter is your best pick.

What do you mean with ranged and melee threat gen btw?

Deleted

Leave Ret alone!
    Im actually worried. That they arent viable anymore. A retri paladin doing the insta heals on me was a great help in keeping me up as a tank.

Oh well they have been screwed again.

pvp nerf definetly as stated earlier, the pve nerf is uncalled for, no i was merely pointing out that whoever wrote the quote is either lying or playing with people who have just ebayed their characters
    if i wait a bit then its fine with vigilance on my mt even gets something out of my major tps