Grunt
    15+ Year Old Account

Scaling of JoL (from Holy PoV)

Hello everybody,

while reading the bluepost about the paladin changes I stumbled over the formula for JoL:

Judgement of Light now has a chance to heal the attacker for [ 10% of AP + 10% of Spell Power ].

So, I'm a holy paladin with 1100 spellpower and base attackpower of ~450. That makes a total of 1550 or a 155 heal for JoL. An now we compare it with a retribution paladin. Having around 2000-3000 AP (or even more with all these raidbuffs) and via Sheath of Light 600 - 900 SP. Totalling 260 to 390 heal for JoL, the double amount of mine.

Finally, I've the healing-spec and the ret heals more with JoL? And even worse, judgements were said to be the new fun ability for holys... I don't want it to be nerved, but to make it even between ret and holy. This can be done by taking a more closer look at the numbers and then adjusting the scaling between AP and SP.

So, whats your point about that?

Greets
    Trycon

PS: Maybe someone could do me a favour and post that to the us-forums and post the link. I can't post to these forums because I'm from EU/GER. Thanks in advance.

Re: Scaling of JoL (from Holy PoV)

2000 AP is about 600 spellpower so your numbers should actually be a little higher.

My average In-combat AP is around 2800 with Spellpower of 800

So yes, my JoL is putting out some pretty crazy numbers that Holy really should be able to match.

Grunt
    15+ Year Old Account

Oh, thank you. missed the 3-points in sheath of light.

Changed my post.

I made a login as soon as i saw this post.
    I totaly agree, this is imo a question that needs to be asked. Bliz has given us now more reasons to use judges in our healing rotation but ret's are dominating boss fights in single traget fights, in position 6 or 7.
    I am not say that ret's should not get as much healing, but i am saying that if someone has a logon to post to a blue - to see if this is working as intended ....
    Holy is much more fun now imo but its a little wierd how rets (dps spec) has more bonus healing from an ability than the healing equal ...

Hello there all. Just started my adventure with mmo-cham.

So anyway, how about make one of holy talent convert SP into AP*, opposite to Toched by the Light and Sheath of Life. Paladin's skills in wany cases are based on SP+AP, so I don't see a reason why Prot and Retri tree should have upper hand against Holy. And maybe that could be a good start to balance the crappy DPS holy palas have.

*2SP = 1AP?

yiptastic

Quote Originally Posted by Krwawy Tadek

So anyway, how about make one of holy talent convert SP into AP*, opposite to Toched by the Light and Sheath of Life. Paladin's skills in wany cases are based on SP+AP, so I don't see a reason why Prot and Retri tree should have upper hand against Holy. And maybe that could be a good start to balance the crappy DPS holy palas have.

*2SP = 1AP?

I prefer a straight out talent that buffs JoL, sacred shield, cleanse and overall group healing effectiveness.

ret's healing needs to be tone down as well. healing should be a mitigation spell for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Krwawy Tadek

*2SP = 1AP?
    I can support that. Call it...I dunno, Strengthened by the Light or something.