Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: for those who knows alamo...

Quote Originally Posted by Noizia
    Heh,i wish i started wow in vanill,unfortunately TBC was my begginign because my internet connection was stable as jabba the hut doing the riverdance on a 3-legged tea table,as my realm-mate once said.
    Anyways,i have heard that pre tbc bear tanks were realms legends XD.
    Thats what made me roll one.and still,beside my bank char,dont have any others.
    Thanks for the not so nice mental picture.

Yep, pre tbc druid tanks were few. Could count the ones I knew on 2 hands. And the ones that made the effort to farm the gear were also very capable players........

for those that have missed teh genius of alamo behold

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...20344340&sid=1

15+ Year Old Account

Alamo is teh win, any druid who does not know him needs to look him up immediately. Glad to see he has his own card, I sure hope Blizz sent him a 1st edition sealed version of it for homself!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Spots
    Yep, pre tbc druid tanks were few. Could count the ones I knew on 2 hands. And the ones that made the effort to farm the gear were also very capable players........
    and then there were those resto druids who had feral gear that was just as good as ours cause their guild had no one else to give it to >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    and then there were those resto druids who had feral gear that was just as good as ours cause their guild had no one else to give it to >.>
    Please don't remind me of those people.

This coming from a feral druid who REFUSED to respec, grinded gear all day long, and demanded to tank every mob and boss in every single raid Tanking in Naxx were glorious days. I used to be 30/21 specced and I'd heal, then tank when needed. Man, the healers in the guild used to scream at me in whispers every single day about my spec, and I still kicked their butts on the charts. Anyways... back then on my server I could count the druid tanks besides myself on only one hand actually.

And as for Alamo, he was the greatest druid of them all. That forum thread was the single funniest thing I've ever read on the wow forums. I was actually just thinking about that post about 3 hours ago and I just saw this thread now. Wherever you are Alamo, I hope you're enjoying your very own card

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshifter
    Alamo gave the druid community something to laugh about at a time where being a druid was a pretty bleak thing.

/hats off to teh Alamo

"Tehm whos bare durids, can B 4 tank...ONLY DURID DONT HAF SUM PEEPS IN THE HEAD AND A GUNZ LOL!"
    Who is this Alamo? And where can he be found?

Quote Originally Posted by ciola
    I play a warlock as main, only use the druid for gathering and I know who he is

"Cat Durid is 4 fite!"

http://www.wowwiki.com/Alamo
    Seph, i know reading posts is hard work.. Poor you

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shibumi
    Please don't remind me of those people.

This coming from a feral druid who REFUSED to respec, grinded gear all day long, and demanded to tank every mob and boss in every single raid Tanking in Naxx were glorious days. I used to be 30/21 specced and I'd heal, then tank when needed. Man, the healers in the guild used to scream at me in whispers every single day about my spec, and I still kicked their butts on the charts. Anyways... back then on my server I could count the druid tanks besides myself on only one hand actually.

And as for Alamo, he was the greatest druid of them all. That forum thread was the single funniest thing I've ever read on the wow forums. I was actually just thinking about that post about 3 hours ago and I just saw this thread now. Wherever you are Alamo, I hope you're enjoying your very own card
    i was 40/11 (or was it 37/14) i can never remeber these days. when they asked me to heal all i did was sit in the back of the raid spamming rank 3 or 4 HT on the current MT.

the first time ispec'd resto was in 2.0 when i had a play with all the new BC talent trees but resto and moonkin lasted all of 1 hour each then i was back to feral.

since then ive respec'd resto a few times but never for more than a few hours and its always to do random stupid stuff that normaly ends up with a hefty repair bill. Last time i swam out to the edge of the world and jumped off it and one other time i remember i went to see how deep the ocean was in a fatigue zone(that got me insta killed when i touched the bottom >.>).
    If i could do stupid stuff like that as feral i would but i run oom to fast healing thru fatigue damage.

Oh yes, I remember the good ole 30/21 spec. Good stuff, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshifter
    Oh yes, I remember the good ole 30/21 spec. Good stuff, lol...
    The real good ole spec is the 8/11/32 spec (or was it 9/11/31, can't remember it's been so long). Dang WoW younguns.

But yeah Alamo is awesome. I remember his first post and all the re-posts getting stickied over and over because the threads kept breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Imrlyawesome
    HAHAHAH ALAMO WAS SO FUCKING FUNNY HE MADE A COUPLE INCREDIBLY LONG POSTS WITH CAPS LOCK INTENTIONALLY MISPELLING WORDS AND USING HORRIBLE GRAMMAR. OH, LET'S NOT FORGET HOW HE GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCHED "BEAR" AND MS PAINTED CHAT BUBBLES ONTO THEM TO MAKE THEM SAY "HAI GUYS"

WHAT A FUCKING GENIUS.
    SUm durids is 4 trool, even tho dey cant b trools LAWL.

he did brought morale up for druids...

and yes i did open one

i m keeping it

its a freaking rare....
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

15+ Year Old Account

That's awesome! Alamo is full of classic win.

Gaiwyn
    For the Alliance!

Oh man... I haven't thought about Alamo in forever, except for the occasional "Cat durid r 4 fite!" quote. Most people don't know what I'm talking about. :P

"when cat durid is FITE do not ask for HEEL and NINIRVATE!"

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoMoonkin
    since i am perma ban on the official forum, can someone leave him a message in the druid forum?

congratz on being a card

I started WoW as a troll rogue on Thunderhorn, and I talked to Alamo a couple times (He was in Lobster Brood). Great guy, and I think it's awesome that he's that well known. I love this card

alamo is sitting on the top of those golden age druids since release.amazing achievement this card.
    kitty num num

the only people who dont know who alamo is are all thsoe FoTM reroll resto druids who need to be shot
    A to the F'n men

the only people who dont know who alamo is are all thsoe FoTM reroll resto druids who need to be shot
    werd. Alamo iz oldsk00L. were reel durids lrn2fite and haf fun.
    Trust the tale not the teller.

i play my druid since day 1 and never heard of him.

FACT: the only druids worth mentioning/knowing are ferahgo and rubix.

greenmasheen

he sure did , although he wasnt the reason i stuck with feral. Untill 2.0 onwards people always considered feral a broken spec and i always surprized them. must of been some time around patch 1.8 when LoTP was introduced that the guild finaly accepted me as someone who could tank and the rogues always loved the 3% crit
    a broken spec for pve... pvp it wasnt so bad.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eiyuu Ou
    i play my druid since day 1 and never heard of him.

FACT: the only druids worth mentioning/knowing are ferahgo and rubix.
    Obviously you never frequented the Druid forum but those of us that did all knew alamo, sure ferahgo and rubix came before alamo but they were all about making videos.