Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Level 80 Ret Paladin spec w/ spell rotations.

I agree a lot with what Phr has to say with a few exceptions. Vindication is worthy of a single point. Even though bosses are immune, the proc still triggers a JoW return, and given the recent nerf it will be beneficial. I personally would drop all points in Divine Purpose, which given the 1 point in Vindication, gives you 4 free points. I threw them into Divine Intellect, for 12% more Int. http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sVmZ0xZVfdx0IucMsguAo Without Int on gear this helps make up with about a 10% mana pool increase (this is an estimate here, I haven't run any numbers).

However, as a lot of people have said some groups may or may not have all the buffs paladins can provide. The above is definitely focused on personal DPS, with minimal focus on the group. The best part about playing a Paladin (even if a little less so now) is the incredible way in which you can help your party. Things like Divine Purpose and Imp Ret Aura are never a bad choice. Also if you have a Holy and Prot paladin you play with without Kings, sacrificing a bit of your DPS to boost the raid's is a good trade off. Not to mention, a Prot pally will definitely appreciate your Imp Ret Aura for a threat boost, since Imp Devo is worthwhile for them now. Hitting hard and being at the top of the meters is fun and all, but providing more raid utility can sometimes be the difference in downing the next boss. If you have a group of people you like playing with a lot, this might be the better option.

As far as the Seals to use, while Vengeance/Corruption are apparently more DPS, don't forget that Martyr/Blood help you get mana back through Spiritual Attunement. The great thing about the Seal/Judge system is that there is a combination for every situation. If you're having minor mana problems, Martyr/Blood might be a quick fix without sacrificing much sustained DPS. If you're real hurting, Seal of Wisdom until you build up mana again. While it is 14% base mana, so switching constantly isn't a good option, in most fights you will have to re-seal 2-3 maybe even 5 times. So be aware of when those times are coming up and Seal-up accordingly.

Superawful, without int on gear, what exactly do you think Divine Intellect will buff?
    "Increases your total Intellect by 12%"
    The 100 base intellect we'll have at lvl 80 means you're spending 4 talent points for 10 Int. You could get more from a gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Phr057
    I'm referring to 80. Divine Storm will actually lower your DPS in a long term rotation due to the timing and cooldowns of CS and Judgements. TO use it properly you would actually have to use Divine Judgement every other, other time. Mentally timing that would be difficult
    Quite, that is I believe its purpose. On bosses anyhow it's still the weakest and longest CD of our damage abilities. Ret paladins, imo, should have this last on their priorities. Its a filler imo, or used in aoe grinding.

Still nice increase in dps when used within the CD's of our main 2 dps skills Judgement and Crusader Strike. Not a loss.

Gets you thinking when the mob is <20% health to use DS or HoW... but rather easy to choose ;-) [HoW for me]

Armoury Link

Nil desperandum! Always follow the Light

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsicola
    Phr, what would my main Seal rotation be?
    Are you speaking about an actual rotation? Or just a seal rotation; i.e. Seal Twisting?

I would like to correct a statement I made previously:

Seal of Corruption/Wrath is currently more DPS than Seal of Blood/Martyr. But with scaling, Seal of Blood/Martyr will actually be better DPS than Corruption/Wrath. We're talking more towards the 80s speaking level-wise.

I forgot we were talking about level 80 for a moment when I was typing that, hah, so I kind of contradicted myself.

yiptastic

Re: Rate my Retribution Paladin PvE spec.

Quote Originally Posted by gatgat
    Get out of prot for pve dps

imp hammer does nothing for you. For pve get swift ret and crusade, crusade is a 6% dps increase

5 points in prot and the rest in ret are all you need for PvE dps. But of course, there are PvP talents that you don't need to bother in ret. I will rather get guardian's favor than divine purpose in PvE.

though I do question if seal of the pure will help with seal twisting... If it does, how much will it help, and if no... obviously don't bother with seal of the pure.

No seal twisting. Our GCD is packed enough as it is and you won't have the mana to sustain changing to SoV every 18 seconds to maintain the 5-stack.

The [size=10pt][size=10pt]BEST PURE PVE RET SPEC[/size][/size]

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxZVfbtbIucrsguAo

The spec above is a Pure PvE spec, hence i did not get Vindication, Eye for an Eye or Divine Purpose
    The talent spec allows you to do max DPS and also give the raid Kings, which is very useful for tanks!
    [size=10pt]
    Rotation:
    [/size]
    In regards to Rotation i have taken the following information from Elitest Jerks Retribution Paladin Guide which can be accessed by going to http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t37843-r...d_wrath_3_0_a/ the guide also has many other useful tips

But back to Rotations, our rotation generally is a FCFS theory, which stands for First Come First Serv
    This rotation generally lets us choose wat we would like to use
    We have a few skills that are repeated
    *Judgement
    *Crusader Strike
    *Divine Storm
    *Consecration
    The priority of out attacks are listed below
    Judgement > Crusader Strike > Divine Storm > Consecration

Judgement always comes first and should always have priorty as it is our main/highest source of dps!
    On single target Bosses, crusader strike should be our second priority, though if there is ads as well Divine Storm is debatable, on Boss fights i Generall go with Judgement -> Crusader -> Divine Storm -> Consecrate and Repeat, Consecrate should be the beast in your prioty list although it does help our overall damage it just isnt worth giving up one of the other 3 spells.
    In addition to the Rotation when Hammer of Wrath is available that have second priority after Judgement, the new rotation would look like
    Judgement -> Hammer of Wrath -> Crusader -> Divine Storm [this rotation may not give you enough time to consecrate, if it doesnt dont worry about it]

Judgement > Crusader Strike > Divine Storm > Consecration
    Should be your starting rotation before you use FCFS, sometimes due to ads or boss special moves you will have to reaccess your rotation which is quite simple.
    Just Remember

Judgement > Hammer of Wrath (when available) > Crusader Strike > Divine Storm > Consecration

ENJOY!