Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: From a prot pally - we needed a nerf

Wanting to nerf your threat now based on the content we have available now is almost like asking to be nerfed because you can tank the deadmines at 70 without a lvl 20 pulling agro off you. Everything we are doing now up to and including the sunwell has been nerfed considerably while all the classes have been buffed in some way. due to talents and adjustments we basically overgear the game right now. Before you call nerf on something at least wait till the target level and not base your nerf on content that is relatively meaningless now and not what these changes are based on. For all we know some of the bosses could be untauntable and do complete agro wipes and we may need this threat to succeed. Just because content that has expired is now ezmode does not mean content we havent even seen live yet is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblez
    I just had to reply to this, the fact is that it couldn't be more wrong. Paladins are not the only ones with sick threat. All tanks have it because all tanks NEED it now that the dps across the board is so much higher and threat reduction talents are all but gone.
    No, i play a prot warrior in a guild that have cleared TBC. Since the patch we have stopped all CC in the sunwell and just aoe everything down instead, alot faster, but where the hell is the fun in that (oh and btw we dont even use a prot pala on trash), and on bosses, raid buffed, i can easilly do around 3.5k tps steady, spiking at over 4k, cant remember seeing any dps'ers over 3k... bottomline, there is no challenge in tanking atm, our TPS is not just slightly above the dps as it should be, its lightyears ahead.

So i honestly hope blizz will nerf us back to where we belong, so we can have abit of challenge and fun again, though, as initially stated i do believe things will be balanced better once wotlk hits.

Quote Originally Posted by vonholck
    No, i play a prot warrior in a guild that have cleared TBC. Since the patch we have stopped all CC in the sunwell and just aoe everything down instead, alot faster (oh and btw we dont even use a prot pala on trash). And on bosses, raid buffed, i can easilly do around 3.5k tps steady, spiking at over 4k, cant remember seeing any dps'ers over 3k... bottomline, there is no challenge in tanking atm, our TPS is not just slightly above the dps as it should be, its lightyears ahead.

So i honestly hope blizz will nerf us back to where we belong, so we can have abit of challenge and fun again, though, as initially stated i do believe things will be balanced better once wotlk hits.
    Yes.
    TPS and DPS isnt supposed to balanced right now, this wasnt a patch to fix tanking it was a patch to prepare the game for the expansion to come. Everything is easymode now inbetween the expansion which is why they removed rewards/titles from TBC because atm its 'too easy' and they expected that. The fewer idiots in a raid that I have to expect to perform their function without a hitch the better. pre TBC it was a nightmare with 40 people. 20-25mans made it better and 10 made it great. And now with the threat buffs there is a bit larger gap for error in current content (read soon to be OLD content).

It's fine, leave it alone and if at 80 its still an issue then make this post again.

Quote Originally Posted by vonholck
    No, i play a prot warrior in a guild that have cleared TBC. Since the patch we have stopped all CC in the sunwell and just aoe everything down instead, alot faster, but where the hell is the fun in that (oh and btw we dont even use a prot pala on trash), and on bosses, raid buffed, i can easilly do around 3.5k tps steady, spiking at over 4k, cant remember seeing any dps'ers over 3k... bottomline, there is no challenge in tanking atm, our TPS is not just slightly above the dps as it should be, its lightyears ahead.

There is a reason for making all this content ezmode. When BC was announced and as it was getting closer to completion alot of people started whining that they missed out on alot of the content. Not many people actually saw Naxramas and thats why we are getting it in again in WotLK. right now is that little stretch where everyone and his dog can come in and start seeing some of the content before it becomes even more obsolete. The main thing is Blizzard wants people to see what they have worked so hard to accomplish. And nerfing us back to there we belong? We belong where we are at right now. This nerfed content isnt meant to be a challenge right now. Once we actually see the correct content for out ability and talents then it will be more of a challenge.