Could holy be more fun then ret at 80?

I am not in beta so i have very little knowledge on how holy plays out in beta. I played holy for only 2 months back in season 2 and it didnt really do it for me. With ret being better now i still think i want to roll ret, but holy still seems to be the best way to get good gear in arenas(which i really enjoy). I dont like PVE that much although i plan on doing naxx for gear in the beginning. Just wondering... can holy be fun in PVP? it just seemed like i was spamming flash of light at 70, will this be different at 80 without new healing spells?

Re: Could holy be more fun then ret at 80?

Fun is subjective. Here's what you should do:
    1) Choose a spec
    2) Go do a couple Sunwell Island Daily quests
    3) Get a couple friends and do the daily battleground
    4) Do a daily instance run
    5) Try a couple skirmish arena matches

Do that for every spec and get a feeling of what you enjoy. This is a particularly good thing to do when blizzard opens up Public Test Realms and you can create premade characters with equal levels of gear.

I am not going to discuss if Holy is going to be competitive or not, either in PvP or PvE; but 'fun' is not something u associate to the spec, sorry to say.

IoL is imho the main fun factor; though I will also add that it was 10 times more satisfactory in its previously unnerfed state (and certainly much more powerful).

BoL is really cumbersome with a 1-min CD. I think it will be a huge 'non-fun' factor in PvP due to its dispellability against many combos; while against others, in the end, it will turn out to be OP and nerfed (to the ground, baby?).

What I find annoying is I have tried to heal in BGs and Arenas both as full Holy and full Ret; and full Ret, specially with haste gear, or otherwise maxing out crit, is a lot more rewarding to play due to its ability to control.

AoW will very likely happen more often than IoL with the right talents (and you can force it with JoC and our 2 stuns... even more if u have other stunners on your team) and you can save your instant FoL if need be. And JotW (even with the nerf) and SoL are just too amazing... specially at lvl 80, when u will be able to force a huge HL crit that will tick for above 1k per second over 12 seconds, and Sacred Shield will make FoL crit most of the time.

You also have Repentance, which is HUGE in 2v2 and 3v3... it will often mean you can save your bubble for later on -and not just burn it as soon as the pressure is too high on you.

You can break stuns with DP... which is also sweet enough.

Holy cannot bring any of the last two to PvP. Hence I see it failing big time in a lot of situations. And even if that is not the case, the feeling of getting away with a huge HoT as Ret is just the awsome... when CoT is still spammable and Poisons cannot be removed effectively, what the hell matters your HL takes 3 or 5 secs to cast? It is just not going to happen. I know, Holy Shock and all but... meh. Control is everything.

I know I went a little off-topic-sorry about that. But if healing is going to be funnier than dpsing, it will most likely happen for me with the same spec.

Deleted

@Griffles i dont wanna offend you but you should try to keep your posts clear and with less new talents acronyms, i'm kinda tired and i totally failed to read it

Ok here is my opinions:
    1:holy does not mean healing, you can do healing but you are also allowed to do some dmg. With the new 40 yards judgements, the new shock cooldown and the new gear(spell dmg and spell bonus at the same time) i would say you should try that tree
    2:if you try that tree in pvp you can go as dps with heal and then reach bacon of light, or you can mix with retri and prot and spec for more dmg and maybe survivability talents this will make you the so-called shockadin(i made a shockadin build a few days ago and i noticed you can play in holy gear, get most of dps talents in holy and also get repentance)

my advice go try it, if you will be shockadin you should have some good dmg, and you can also heal yourself

15+ Year Old Account

Shockadin is very much alive and viable. The new spell power gear works so much better now. No more building 2 sets. You only need gear with spell power now, the more you have the better you will do.

PVE Holy is fun and different. Sure you wont be putting out the DPS Ret is doing but you can always find a group as a healer. You can also solo well in the same gear you are healing in. So good solo dps and good healing. Not a bad combination.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

"Could holy be more fun then ret at 80?"

Of course it _could_ be, i'd really like to see more utility for holy paladins, because there is just is quite a few compared to other classes and specs.

Quote Originally Posted by makketota
    "Could holy be more fun then ret at 80?"

Of course it _could_ be, i'd really like to see more utility for holy paladins, because there is just is quite a few compared to other classes and specs.
    You mean like cyclone, travel form, mana burn, any spammable instants, snare, interrupt, or any genuine offensive move?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I had fun.

I never liked Healing post Vanilla WoW because of the way the raiding setup was done. Basically I couldnt Solo and Fight in PvP anymore.

But now Healing is tons of fun.

I can Burst the crap out of People, and JoJ druids from 30 yards away. What more could you ask for other then new spells? :P
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor
    What more could you ask for other then new spells? :P
    Any form of offensive utility, something that makes the opposition say, "Kill the Holy Pally or he will fuck us over" like they do about disc priests.

I wouldnt mind a Baseline Crusader Strike to go along with my Seal of Command and Holy Shock.

That would make Melee Holy Paladins fun again in PvP like Vanilla WoW.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor
    I wouldnt mind a Baseline Crusader Strike to go along with my Seal of Command and Holy Shock.

That would make Melee Holy Paladins fun again in PvP like Vanilla WoW.
    Yea, but that wouldn't make people fear a holy paladin in pvp, while a baseline repentance might.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffles
    I am not going to discuss if Holy is going to be competitive or not, either in PvP or PvE; but 'fun' is not something u associate to the spec, sorry to say.

IoL is imho the main fun factor; though I will also add that it was 10 times more satisfactory in its previously unnerfed state (and certainly much more powerful).

BoL is really cumbersome with a 1-min CD. I think it will be a huge 'non-fun' factor in PvP due to its dispellability against many combos; while against others, in the end, it will turn out to be OP and nerfed (to the ground, baby?).

What I find annoying is I have tried to heal in BGs and Arenas both as full Holy and full Ret; and full Ret, specially with haste gear, or otherwise maxing out crit, is a lot more rewarding to play due to its ability to control.

AoW will very likely happen more often than IoL with the right talents (and you can force it with JoC and our 2 stuns... even more if u have other stunners on your team) and you can save your instant FoL if need be. And JotW (even with the nerf) and SoL are just too amazing... specially at lvl 80, when u will be able to force a huge HL crit that will tick for above 1k per second over 12 seconds, and Sacred Shield will make FoL crit most of the time.

You also have Repentance, which is HUGE in 2v2 and 3v3... it will often mean you can save your bubble for later on -and not just burn it as soon as the pressure is too high on you.

You can break stuns with DP... which is also sweet enough.

Holy cannot bring any of the last two to PvP. Hence I see it failing big time in a lot of situations. And even if that is not the case, the feeling of getting away with a huge HoT as Ret is just the awsome... when CoT is still spammable and Poisons cannot be removed effectively, what the hell matters your HL takes 3 or 5 secs to cast? It is just not going to happen. I know, Holy Shock and all but... meh. Control is everything.

I know I went a little off-topic-sorry about that. But if healing is going to be funnier than dpsing, it will most likely happen for me with the same spec.

Not giving up SoCommand, Art of War, Repentance or Judgement of the Wise you can do either of these two specs (which I like):

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...00000000000000

Sheath of Light small group healer. No Holy Shock but Sheath of Light for extra non Beacon healage.

or

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...00000000000000

Trading Sheath of Light for Holy Shock.

I'm not in the beta, but having read up on the new spells holy paladins will get (well, we'll only get Sacred Shield and we already have the crappy Beacon of Light) I would say no, retribution seems to be a lot more fun.

Sadly. But that's naturally what a specc whose purpose is 2button spamhealing gets.