Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wheres the holy love?

Seems that people are so caught up in the whole retribution side of things that there is hardly anyone chatting about Holy any more.

I've played a holy paladin from the release of TBC and loving it now as much as ever (however it has been fun pvping as ret these last few days)
    while at first I was a bit hesitant over beacon its turned out to be bloody nice constituting between 20% - 40% of total healing.
    Add that to Judgements of the Pure, Enlightened Judgements, Infusion of Light & the HL major glyph and I think blizz hit the nail pretty much on the head for what holy needed.

So is there any holy paladins left out there? how are you finding the new talents/glyphs?

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Wheres the holy love?

As for pve, holy paladin is doing pretty well. For pvp its still way too easy to lock a holy paladin down...
    Paper is fine, Rock is overpowered!
    - Scissors

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by EditorVek
    Seems that people are so caught up in the whole retribution side of things that there is hardly anyone chatting about Holy any more.

I've played a holy paladin from the release of TBC and loving it now as much as ever (however it has been fun pvping as ret these last few days)
    while at first I was a bit hesitant over beacon its turned out to be bloody nice constituting between 20% - 40% of total healing.
    Add that to Judgements of the Pure, Enlightened Judgements, Infusion of Light & the HL major glyph and I think blizz hit the nail pretty much on the head for what holy needed.

So is there any holy paladins left out there? how are you finding the new talents/glyphs?
    Seems you haven't really looked around much. There are us holydins and there's several threads about f.ex. Bacon of Light. As I've stated everywhere else, in PvE we are doing very good if you know how and when to use Bacon and you're smart enough to cast judgement of light around. The current glyphs however suck. I will be using glyph of seal light once Wotlk comes around, and I will probably use glyph of judgements because it helps our sucky DPS atleast a small bit.

PvP-wise we are worse off than before 3.0.2. No double-bubble, sucky DPS, still no way to counter any of the new stuff every other classes have gotten..

So, there ya go.

you people are all making the same mistake how thats possible is beyond me

beacon of light, a beacon is something that shines out

bacon on the other hand is something you fry together with your eggs...

seriously i cant see why, should you do this on purpose, you talk degrading off your own class...

i would say take a beter look at the glypths again and you will find some nice for pve.
    while you are there as holy there is not much of use to dps, that is time you lose and also get outhealed by athers. Keep your head on heals and i bet you can be the ferst on healing meters (or between the top 3)
    http://sigs.guildlaunch.net/wsig.php/5414935MFCuZ.png

Not tried to play paladin yet.
    Should do soon.
    Will give views (:
    Banned.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Moni
    i would say take a beter look at the glypths again and you will find some nice for pve.
    while you are there as holy there is not much of use to dps, that is time you lose and also get outhealed by athers. Keep your head on heals and i bet you can be the ferst on healing meters (or between the top 3)
    I wasn't talking about DPS while raiding. DPS is important in PvP and when you are soloing quests. Atleast I don't want to always have to rely on someone else helping me out.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by sillverhair

seriously i cant see why, should you do this on purpose, you talk degrading off your own class...
    BLASPHEMY!! It is Bacon of Light! Don't you dare to mock the great Heavenly Pig who blesses us with his holy bacon!

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by sillverhair

I guess you missed

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=19982.0

that!
    Paper is fine, Rock is overpowered!
    - Scissors

i rly don t know how you are dpsing and doing quests but i never changed a thing i lvled as holy, i farmed, do dailys quests and now with the invasion i pull like 8 mobs on me and down then quiet easaly and all with holy spec and gear.
    Maybe it takes more time to down them but you will not die of you know how to play.
    Just use your seals right and you will never get out of mana and rock on

tried my dps gear while farming but i had no chanse it go beter as holy

Well played Holy Paladins can do pretty fine in any Bracket
    L2P or play only in 5s
    I don't mind the right spelling - I'm German!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Moni
    i rly don t know how you are dpsing and doing quests but i never changed a thing i lvled as holy, i farmed, do dailys quests and now with the invasion i pull like 8 mobs on me and down then quiet easaly and all with holy spec and gear.
    Maybe it takes more time to down them but you will not die of you know how to play.
    Just use your seals right and you will never get out of mana and rock on

tried my dps gear while farming but i had no chanse it go beter as holy
    That's the whole point I was saying: it takes damn long to kill anything, and all other healing specs do now have a lot higher DPS than we. Of course I CAN solo quests. I just don't like spending the whole day at it.

As a Holy Priest raider, I absolutely hate your Beacon of Light. Paladins are consistently doing 2x more heals than any other class in raids. Not that a raid doesn't appreciate the great heals, its just you make us other healers look like we aren't doing our jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne
    As a Holy Priest raider, I absolutely hate your Beacon of Light. Paladins are consistently doing 2x more heals than any other class in raids. Not that a raid doesn't appreciate the great heals, its just you make us other healers look like we aren't doing our jobs.
    You have it a whole lot easier on the other hand: you've got several instant casts you can throw around so you are a LOT more efficient at healing many people at the same time. We can heal only 2 people simultaneously. And priests have Power Word: Fortitude which is loved by every single tank

I am envious of almost all of your healing capabilities, whereas it seems you are envious of our one talent.

Holy Pally's are going to be just fine. All it takes is re-learning the system and realizing that you have 2 insta-casts, now, versus the ever present vortex of mana that was Lay on Hands. Once the Infusion of light for insta-cast FoL goes in...you'll be able to work some creamy divine favour goodness in for those double insta-casts or the 1.5 sec Holy Light.....mmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne
    As a priest raider (I raided with all 3 specs), I can say that I am glad Paladins received something out of the ordinary and they can be more effective than they were in SWP during 2.4 patch. But still, we have way too many spells in our arsenal and generally, I experienced larger healing output than any of the other healing classes.

hahaha can t belive my eyes
    we got one "nice" healing spell (becon) and priests gets iritated by us!!
    i can t belive a pala can outheal a holy priest but i have done it!
    And btw it was not becouse of the becon of light i don t rly use it that much.
    it was more becouse of the glyphs on HL (4%healing) and mana reqeneration (2% more mana). if you have those 2 glypths for now it will be ok.

i m lvling a priest myself done some instances and is nice to heal althouh there are to meny healing spells just like a druid ^^ my next class to explore

PS: sry for my bad english

I think there are 3 areas that Holy paladins need some love...

1. DPS - I can't begin to express how much Seal/Judge of Right SUCKS even with the 10% Judgement Glyph, once this next round of nerfs go in for seals/judges, I doubt its worth the mana to even cast them. Before 3.0.x my judgements did 1200 normal (SoR) now they do 600 damage and that is with a 10% glyph! My consecrate damage is down alot, get 138ish a tick now, used to get 183ish (roughly down 25%).

2. Polish pass on our tree, Spiritual Focus, Aura Mastery, IoL and LG synergy, Sacred Cleansing, Holy Guidance, etc.

3. JotP - this talents value decreases as your crit and haste improve. I have no desire to spend points on a talent that for over 2/3's of our heals, adds no value. This could possibly be resolved if they did #2 above, then mayhap there would actually be places one could spend points in Holy, allowing us to skip JotP and still get Beacon.

Silver

15+ Year Old Account

i play as a holy pally and spec ret some nights for some fun as playing holy sucks for killing stuff.

but in a typical raid setting i find that 1 pally(my guild uses 2 holy pallies) has beacon of light and the other just builds crit.

and as myself i am the crit pally, and i still beat out the beacon of light pally everytime. i find holy to still be the same boring spec it has always been,

Quote Originally Posted by Syce
    and as myself i am the crit pally, and i still beat out the beacon of light pally everytime. i find holy to still be the same boring spec it has always been,
    This. My Flash of Light button is broken from all the use. :P Holy paladins is the easiest healing specc to play IMO. You still gotta focus 100% though and with just spamming heals while staring at Grid it gets sooo boring. The only reason I still play holy is to get a raid spot and have some fun on TS. :-\