Enchanting : possible to level it from 350 with WotLK mats ?

It's a question for beta testers.

I've seen a few WotLK recipe (with WotLK mats, cheap mats) that start at 350. But they all require a Runed Coblat Rod, which require 375 enchanting to be made...

It would be pretty lame if you had to level to 375 with BC recipes before you can lvl it with WotLK recipe. For example, Death Knights (who won't have any reputation with outlands factions) won't be able to lvl enchanting to 375. For that reason alone, I think the Runed Coblat Rod requirement is a mistake and will be corrected.

What do you think ?

Re: Enchanting : possible to level it from 350 with WotLK mats ?

i am not entirely sure you need outlands rep to continue. superior wizard oil comes from a vendor and i went from 350 to 370 on it. i dont remember how i rounded the last 5 points, but its not unfeasibly there is another vendor bought recipe which could carry you the rest of the way. alternatively, when wrath comes out, certain rep gained recipes may simply become trainable
    all hail king frost strike

@ Ektoplasme, If you look to the comments in your own link from Wowhead you find this comment:
    It seems they've removed this from the game. I've looked at 2 different enchanting trainers (Borean Tundra and Dalaran) and neither of them have it. Also it was removed from my list of enchants. So it seems that they decided it was useless afterall (although I still have it in my bag). The next highest rod is now the Runed Titanium Rod, which will be required for most of the high end enchants.

I looked up 1 of the outland enchants en it says: Tools: Runed Eternium Rod
    Link: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=44508

Well then we still have a problem because the Runed Eternium Rod requires 375 to be made...

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=22463

So this enchant http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=44508 cannot be made before 375 enchanting even though you can learn it at 355 -_-

Would somebody mind report this problem on the WotLK forum and post the link here ? thank you.

I've been trying to figure this out as well. My warrior has had level 301 enchanting for probably the last year since I leveled it just high enough to be able to DE epics and then stopped. Now because he will be my first to level in wrath I decided to level it on up. Also I farmed a bunch of herbs and made a ton of armor velllums so I wouldn't waste any enchants. He is now 350 enchanting. All other professions seem to be fine to level 350 and up with wrath mats/recipies but this seems a little screwy with enchanting. Just as stated by previous posters, things do not add up. The lowest level requirement for a wrath enchant is http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=44508. Requires 355 enchanting and a Runed Eternium Rod which requires level 375 to make. Seriously, wtf?
    "They don't like it when you shoot at 'em. I worked that out myself." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

Objects in mirrors are your elbows.

Ciarra: Draenei Enhancement Shaman

Enchanting 350 to 375

--
    350 - 351
    Runed Adamantite Rod (1 x Adamantite Rod, 8 x Greater Planar Essence, 8 x Large Prismatic Shard, 1 x Primal Might, 1 x Runed Fel Iron Rod) x 1

351 - 360
    Enchant Gloves - Major Strength (12 x Arcane Dust, 1 x Greater Planar Essence) x 15

360 - 375
    Enchant Ring - Spellpower (2 x Large Prismatic Shard, 2 x Greater Planar Essence) x 20 (requires Keepers of Time honoured rep)
    --

Its not that hard.

Ok, you can lvl to 360 rather easily (a bit expensive though) but then you need some kind of rep with a faction to lvl up. What other profession requires you to buy recipes from factions to lvl up ? none.

What if you're a DK and want to lvl enchanting ? Will you have to run caverns of time to lvl your profession ? I don't think Blizzard wants us to go through old content to lvl our profession. I think they will remove the rod requirement for the WotLK enchants. Well I hope at least...

Good points Ekto. We can only hope it is sorted out.
    "They don't like it when you shoot at 'em. I worked that out myself." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

Objects in mirrors are your elbows.

Ciarra: Draenei Enhancement Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by lildave151
    Good points Ekto. We can only hope it is sorted out.
    I agree, Im currently trying to level enchanting on my lock for a 2nd time , ditched it for herb when i got my epic flying and it was maxed T_T
    Some people are like Slinkies
    Not really good for anything
    But they still bring a smile to your face
    When you push them down a flight of stairs.

Good info, I plan on leveling up my Enchanting on my DK. I have the mats to get him over 300, from there I have some other stuff but am hoping that i will get most o fit from DEing quest items and drops leveling in OL. Since the DK end zone gear is pretty good, i hear you can keep it until about 66-67 so if i keep it as long as possible i will have plenty to DE. Really hope though that i don't need to go grind any rep to get it past 350, that would be even more of a pin in the ass then normal Enchanting leveling.

Keep the info coming if any more is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Croz730
    Good info, I plan on leveling up my Enchanting on my DK. I have the mats to get him over 300, from there I have some other stuff but am hoping that i will get most o fit from DEing quest items and drops leveling in OL. Since the DK end zone gear is pretty good, i hear you can keep it until about 66-67 so if i keep it as long as possible i will have plenty to DE. Really hope though that i don't need to go grind any rep to get it past 350, that would be even more of a pin in the ass then normal Enchanting leveling.

Keep the info coming if any more is out there.
    You will probably find if you quest and do instances whilst lvling in outlands you will obtain a decent standing with most earlier factions and possibly still some decent rep with higher factions for TBC which will help you level =)
    Some people are like Slinkies
    Not really good for anything
    But they still bring a smile to your face
    When you push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ektoplasme
    What other profession requires you to buy recipes from factions to lvl up ?
    Leatherworking.

I think part of the OP's problem is he's thinking you need a Runed Coblat Rod. WTF is Coblat? I know what CoBALT is, but this coblat, I have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxiz
    Enchanting 350 to 375

--
    350 - 351
    Runed Adamantite Rod (1 x Adamantite Rod, 8 x Greater Planar Essence, 8 x Large Prismatic Shard, 1 x Primal Might, 1 x Runed Fel Iron Rod) x 1

351 - 360
    Enchant Gloves - Major Strength (12 x Arcane Dust, 1 x Greater Planar Essence) x 15

360 - 375
    Enchant Ring - Spellpower (2 x Large Prismatic Shard, 2 x Greater Planar Essence) x 20 (requires Keepers of Time honoured rep)
    --

Its not that hard.
    Here's the no rep (or easy rep) way that I did it:

350-360 - Enchant Gloves Major Str
    360-370 - Void Sphere - (2 x void crystals ... a worthless enchant, but the voids are super cheap now)
    370-375 - Enchant Cloak, defense (Honored Shattered Sun rep, EASY to get, some dust, 4xplanars, 4xeternium ore)

I say use outland mats to get to 375 if you can. Even if they fix it so you can use WOTLK mats, they will be very expensive! I think this might be the cheaper route, depending on the price of void crystals on your server.