Feral Q&A Summary

Feral Q&A (Source)
    1. Feral Mana Pools are very limited, is there a planned fix for this?
    No.

2. Protector of the Pack limitation mechanic - not very fun, what was the thinking behind this and can the limitation be removed?
    We nerfed bear armor 'cause we made PotP too much mitigation, but now bear will ofc be able to tank without it in raids exept progress raids.

3. Feral talent point usage in resto tree, means we have to focus too many points on a non-feral tree, also very difficult to get all the "tanking" talents offered, no room for pvp choices in a tanking build - is this intended?
    OoC, one of the ferals most important dps buffs, is intendet to be a tradeoff, yeah.

4. Swipe / Thorns combo (360') Aoe. Is it possible to get a 360' upgrade to our bear form aoe ability?
    No.

5. Feral Itemization issue 1: Too much Armor on some earlier tanking weapons compared to 25 man naxx gear is this intended?
    Ehh, what? I have no clue what items we created there.

6. Feral Itemization issue 2: Not enough "Armor" trinkets in game making them invaluable to druids, basically once you have these trinkets you will not grab anything else unless you reach armor cap. - Can more armor trinkets be added, with different usage stats?
    I realize you don't want block or parry but that doesn't mean it's armor or nothing. We created a lot of other tankin trinkets for bears, for example this one with dodge and stam.. .. oh, wait, we didn't create any others - just go with the 3 trinkets we made for you forever!

7. Feral Itemization issue 3: Tanking gear - PVP gear seems to be better for tanking, more stam, why is this the case?
    Haha, it's not that a bear in PvE tanking gear should have more HP than a warrior in pvp dps gear.

8. Kitty AOE - Kitty form basically has no aoe ability, which limits damage output in multiple mob situations - we would have to switch to bear / caster which would mean taking a chance on pulling aggro or doing minimal damage with hurricane. Are there plans to add kitty form aoe?
    Use Hurricane, thats why we gave you a dps stan->spellpower conversion for.. oh, wait, again.. we didn't.

9. Cat charge being linked to Bear charge. - Why is this the intended mechanic for these two attacks?
    'cause we don't want you to be able to switch between two stance.. err.. forms to youse two kinds of charge.

10. Berserk - The current version of Berserk feels weak now that the immunity to all snares has been removed, and its cooldown is too long. - Is there any way the snares functionality of berserk can be restored?
    We don't want a feral 51pt talents to be as good as a BM 41pt talent.

11. Savage Roar - Is it possible to have it persist through shifting?

We want you to stick to cat form all time for dps. It would be fun to swap between cat and some bear burst, fun is not intended for feral dps.

I use cat in short bursts when I feel like the opportunity to survive is there, but this seems to indicate you want people staying in cat OR bear for extended periods.
    Where it starts to cross the line is being a bear, going cat to hit a button, then going back to bear to benefit from the cat button. This would mean a buff to feral and a nice playstyle, wich is not intended for ferals.

If it helps, think about it this way: shifting once in a small window is cool. Shifting several times in a small window is less cool. It's not that you have to shift a lot when you have to chase a caster that runs and snares!

Well, you may get that I'm not so amazed about the Q&A post of this blue. While the questions are reasonable, all he basically says is: Yes, this lack is intended. And: No, we won't increase feral style anyhow.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Feral Q&A Summary

Yeah >_> you pretty much nailed it.
    I have four 70's to choose from on Nov 13... I don't think I will be choosing my feral.

8. Kitty AOE - Kitty form basically has no aoe ability, which limits damage output in multiple mob situations - we would have to switch to bear / caster which would mean taking a chance on pulling aggro or doing minimal damage with hurricane. Are there plans to add kitty form aoe?

Use Hurricane, thats why we gave you a dps stan->spellpower conversion for.. oh, wait, again.. we didn't.
    That was exactly my first thought.

Ferals aren't intended to shift all the time, to fulfill their duty, that's basically the footnote of every reason he gives in this Q&A. Shifting is good enough as an excuse though, when you lack something?
    Why should we rely on other forms for our lack of aoe damage in cat? It makes no sense at all...

Koumaru

My suspicion is you are still over-valuing armor compared to other defensive stats. I realize you don't want block or parry but that doesn't mean it's armor or nothing.
    I love how in #6 he suggests that we "are still over-valuing armor." Let's think about this one for a bit. Armor was our most effective mitigation stat for tanking prior to 3.0.2. When this new patch came, agility was nerfed, and avoidance scaling in general was nerfed with the implementation of a diminishing returns curve.

Stacking armor is still our best way to improve mitigation. We can't hit the armor cap anymore, which is all the more reason to stack it. We can no longer reach the point where we cap out and must look for other options. Past 50% avoidance, stacking agility/dodge becomes noticeably less effective. So it's not "armor or nothing"? Do you really think we want to pile on stamina when we could have more armor, a source of actual mitigation? I know my healers sure love to heal a really squishy tank with a big green bar. That's especially nice for really long boss fights.

This entire Q&A list shows either a disturbing lack of understanding of feral concerns or a thinly veiled attempt to brush us off with inconsistent and nonsensical answers to our serious questions.