Question about AQ and possible new servers.

When Wrath drops, Blizz will presumably make some brand new servers (as with TBC). My question is, will the gates of AQ be locked on those servers, and will it be possible to do the quest chain to open them? Seems like trivial old content, but scarab lord title and black qiraji resonating crystal are pretty amazing. If anyone knows whether or not this quest chain/reward will be available, please let me know.

Re: Question about AQ and possible new servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus85
    When Wrath drops, Blizz will presumably make some brand new servers (as with TBC). My question is, will the gates of AQ be locked on those servers, and will it be possible to do the quest chain to open them? Seems like trivial old content, but scarab lord title and black qiraji resonating crystal are pretty amazing. If anyone knows whether or not this quest chain/reward will be available, please let me know.
    I would assume that since they opened at a prescribed time on all servers they would be already opened?
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Nightruler
    cant remember where or when but it was stated that the AQ gates are alrdy open on new servers
    Thanks. I know on the Beta they were closed for awhile, but wasn't sure on live. Just being hopeful, but I guess all the turn ins to start the 10 hour war would be pretty intense when no one cares about the actual content anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblez
    They stated this when TBC was released because everyone asked this exact question when Blizzard mentioned new servers not long after AQ gates opened. Servers brought online after large server wide events are done will already be marked as done and can not be repeated. So no you cant grind out brood of nozdormo rep and then xfer to a new server and get the black quiraj tank
    The gates are open, but several people have confirmed over the years that it is possible to transfer to new server where "Bang a Gong!" hasn't been completed and get the mount and title. If you check wowhead, there's a screenshot of a Draenei on one. Private server, maybe? But I'd like to hold out hope that it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Maker
    The gates are open, but several people have confirmed over the years that it is possible to transfer to new server where "Bang a Gong!" hasn't been completed and get the mount and title. If you check wowhead, there's a screenshot of a Draenei on one. Private server, maybe? But I'd like to hold out hope that it is possible.
    I hope this is true. Can anyone officially confirm or deny it?

New Servers opened for BC had their door closed and transfer were not allowed for the first 6 months.
    Chances are it will be the same.

Also, they opened the Cairne server back in march or april and the gates were closed too.

Well yeah, I could imagine the QQ. But if it's an available exploit, there's nothing stopping you from doing it. Update: I talked to a GM on my server today who informed that there are not any plans for new servers right now, but there may once they evaluate any population increases due to the release of Wrath. Also, he said that the gates would start closed. So, had you done the entire quest chain to get sceptor of the shifting sands, then xferred when available, it may still be possible to complete it. This also begs the question, do the massive amount of turns ins to start the 10 hour war have to be completed as well. If so, that's pretty unlikely since Wrath will be newly released and its old content. So does that mean that new servers will never be able to run AQ instances unless the server completes these objectives? This is kind of a ramble, but I have both questions an answers. If anyone could shed some definitive light on this, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblez
    They stated this when TBC was released because everyone asked this exact question when Blizzard mentioned new servers not long after AQ gates opened. Servers brought online after large server wide events are done will already be marked as done and can not be repeated. So no you cant grind out brood of nozdormo rep and then xfer to a new server and get the black quiraj tank
    Wrong wrong, and oh so wrong.

All I can say is this.

Yes it is possible to transfer to a server and ring the gong, but it is VERY unlikely the people who re rolled on that server will not do it before the 6 months of the no transfer rule is up. Also, If blizzard opens the server to transfers before the 6 months, they will open the gates, like they did with the 2 latin american servers.

I have a friend who re rolled a BE pally on one of the new servers for wrath, and got his bug mount before the 6 months was up, so I highly doubt the one remaining unopened new server will not open the gates before the 6 months. I have though done the entire chain and have the scepter waiting to transfer if they don't. There are about 2-3 people on the 3 servers I play on who are also waiting to transfer, but like I said, I think they will complete it before the 6 months.

In the end, the answer is simple. Yes, you can complete the chain on your server, and transfer to a new server to ring the gong and get the mount and the tittle, given blizzard doesn't open the server to xfers before the 6 months, and given the people on the server do not open it.

Also everyone who rings the gong within the 10 hour event will receive the mount and tittle, not just the first person to ring it.

"SS or it didn't happen"
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...108_145118.jpg

Don't believe me if you don't want to, go ask a GM.
    Make sure the GM you ask has his facts right, because even the GM's team lead was wrong.

Oh and I am sure my BE Pally friend will be more than happy to show off his beautiful bug to you.

And trust me, if they open new servers, there will be people re rolling there to do the chain also, not to mention people like myself, who will transfer there to do it if the server does not.

Mmmm and I'll be the next ass hole to do it if the latin american realms let me.

Me and about 100 other people.

No servers have ever been opened with the AQ gates opened. It's a retarded community myth made up by some stupid people who never ever partisipated in a war effort.

And Thundgot confirmed that new realms will start with the gates CLOSED.

Also if you happend to be on the last stage of Bang a Gong! and the transfers to a realm with closed gates are available, you can indeed go there , bang it, and get the title. It's been done by several players on the EU servers, though the past 1½ year.

Ofcource I cannot provide a source, since this information was from the people playing on the said realms, and it's over a year ago so I forgot the realm names. You'll just have to trust in my cold hearted way of telling you this, and because my opinions aren't flaved like these unsure people, but rock steady.

Misha server was created about 3 months before BC, i think december 2006. I created a toon there in january, and the war effort just started when I was about lvl 10, since I remember farming copper bars to turn in, and being excited because it was the first time I had seen it.

About a year later, the war effort was still going on, horde needed to turn in a couple thousand cloth still (misha is a very low pop server, with a very, very, very low horde pop)

Somebody transferred in who wanted to get the mount, they made horde toons and finished the war effort, then did the gong quest and got it.

So it is possible.

I partispated in war effort on EU-Nagrand and EU-Sha'tar during the Burning Crusade, both realms created several months after the TBC launch.

I also partisipated in it on EU-Lightning's Blade at the orginal launch of Patch 1.9

When they opened the server Cairne, the gates were closed and you had to do the quests to open them. It was a blast from the past.