Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Shadow Priest Spell "Rotation"

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Running with 3 people who can Replenish (me being one) in Sunwell caused me to have nearly constant Replenishment.

It's not a issue =)
    Ya, you really only need 2 unless for some reason your guild doesn't have 5 rouges+ warriors + deathknights + Feral druids going.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Keep in mind SWD only provides about one-quarter of one percent extra DPS, for huge amounts of extra mana drain. It's even worse next patch. I don't bother casting it on bosses, just heroics and Kara and trash, where stuff dies really fast.

Also, keep in mind that you CANNOT refresh SWP manually after having refreshed it with Mind Flay, unless you have a higher amount of +dmg (basically, trinkets). My preference is to not put Pain up until I have a 5-stack of Weaving, so I can also trinket right away without having to make sure it's up when I need SWP again and get the trinket benefit on my opening two VT's and DP.

Running with 3 people who can Replenish (me being one) in Sunwell caused me to have nearly constant Replenishment.

It's not a issue =)
    I'm not sure running with multiple people who can proc replenishment helps you have it up longer. It will always target 10 people in the raid with the lowest mana, all that occurs when you have multiple people is the refresh procs more often meaning it can jump around more. If anything this could result in people having the buff on themselves less as it jumps around a bit crazily.

I just tested a lot earlier tonight with SW:P. Mind Flay will add trinkets spellpower to your SW:P, but Shadow Weaving is never added to Mind Flay refreshing. And as long as a weaker SW:P is up, you can't cast a Shadow Weaving infused SW:P. It says a more powerful spell is active. Also, if you stack Shadow Weaving and a trinket, then use SW:P, the SW:P will receive benefit from the trinket as long as the trinket effect is active... as soon as the buff fades and your Mind Flay refreshes SW:P, it will go back to pre-trinket damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    It seems that we wont use SW in Wotlk since it leads to a dps loss...simcraft told me that.
    SW will still have uses:

To build intial weaving stack quickly
    Spirit tap procs
    Breaking the poly that mage is casting on you
    You are able to cast it while running, important for fights you have to move in
    Getting that last sec hit to boost dps before mob dies when nothing else would tick or get off

It's not a issue =)
    This is more than true. Most of the time I even saw my own replenishment get refreshed by myself. :P

No problems at all with having a replenishment on yourself. Now give more talents so i can pick up meditation in my spec again ^^

Having more than 1 replenishment class does not affect the replenishment uptime on yourself. Replenishment will always affect 10 people max no matter how many people in your raid can give the replenishment buff. It's not as if 3 replenishment classes would give all 25 raid members the buff.

The only effect having extre replenishment classes will have is causing the buff to reproc more often which could result in it jumping around people very quickly. This could create a situation where replenishment is constantly being stolen off you after a few seconds... without trying to map it in some sort of simulation i'd suspect that mana effecient classes would lose out, I don't expect it to be all that significant though.

One annoying effect will be ret pallys and enhance shamans stealing the replenishment buff as their mana gets low when they don't actually need it.

what Oo
    you dont have 20 ppl with replenishment if you got 2 ppl giving the buff?
    Thought it would be that way =[

Quote Originally Posted by Hotchocolate
    what Oo
    you dont have 20 ppl with replenishment if you got 2 ppl giving the buff?
    Thought it would be that way =[
    It is that way. One Replenishment gives 10 people the buff, 2 gives 20 people the buff. The post before yours is misinformed.

I admit I haven't actually physically tested to see if it works that way but there has been plenty of discussion in my guild and everyone was of the belief that a max of 10 people get it regardless of how many replenishment givers are in the raid.

So unless there is an abundance of 'you're a noob, it doesnt work that way' from a lot of people, i'm inclined to believe my guild members. Our guild did clear Twins and were working on Mu'ru b4 3.0... HordeYakka on Jubei'thos

replenishment works like so...
    blizzard stated that more than 10 can have replenishment, but it is certainly not on a 2 casters = 20 people basis. Even with only a single replenishment buffer, you can still have more than 10 people with the buff at one time.

if u look at a 25 man where everyone is named 1-25 and 1-10 have the lowest mana when a priest casts MB, then players 1-10 gain replenishment. If, 3 seconds later, player 9 and 10 swap places with 11 and 12 in the lowest mana ranks and pally judges, player 9 and 10 do NOT LOOSE replenishment, it just isn't refreshed. Players 1-8 are refreshed, and 11 +12 gain replishment, but 9 and 10 will continue to gain the benefit from the previous buff until their personal timer runs out. If on the next time the priest hits a MB, player 9 and 10 are back in the low 10, then they will once again recieve buffing, while 11+12 continue to enjoy replenishment until it runs out. Sorry if its hard to picture, cant really think of a better way of explaining it.

need to explain further...
    replenishment is a dumb buff and is completely irrespective of the number of people offering replenishment. The only thing it will do is buff the bottom 10 peple. It will never remove an existing buff from someone so it can put it on someone else, thus, why you can have more than 10 people with it in raid. The advantage to having more people refreshing it is that you gain more opportunities to having people drop into the 10 low and getting buffed, thereby increasing the total amount of people gaining benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Having more than 1 replenishment class does not affect the replenishment uptime on yourself. Replenishment will always affect 10 people max no matter how many people in your raid can give the replenishment buff. It's not as if 3 replenishment classes would give all 25 raid members the buff.

The only effect having extre replenishment classes will have is causing the buff to reproc more often which could result in it jumping around people very quickly. This could create a situation where replenishment is constantly being stolen off you after a few seconds... without trying to map it in some sort of simulation i'd suspect that mana effecient classes would lose out, I don't expect it to be all that significant though.

One annoying effect will be ret pallys and enhance shamans stealing the replenishment buff as their mana gets low when they don't actually need it.
    So it refreshes your own replenishment when its the lowest :P