More seal tests !

Hi, did a 4 min test with each seal, judgement, CS & DS whenever they came of cd, no libram but did have the SoC glyph. (used Recap)

SEAL MAX hit/crit MAX judgement crit Total dmg (auto,Jo"X",CS,DS)
    SotM 832 3366 305993 (had to use JoL to stay alive, mana was at 50% after 4 min)
    SoV 493 3023 293951 (nice dps, surprised anyone?)
    SoC 1939 2207 265857
    SoR 297 2767 238990

Now i think the PvE seal speaks for it self, my concern is to what seal to use for PvP, i know most go with SoC but i rly think it lacks behind after nerf (even with glyph) and if u could somehow find 5 points to put in "Seals of the Pure" SoC would fall so far behind, but meh... what do u use ?

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: More seal tests !

Currently in PvE (Speaking as a BT/MH retridin) I'm using martyr of course. The damage you do to yourself here means more healing to you = more mana to you. Equal, you can not go oom anymore! \o/.

And, I don't really PvP that much, so can't help you there.

first of all correct divine storm coz it reads divine intervention at the moment

as to the pvp seal i would still go with soc coz a 2.2 max judgement crit is really really low, might be due to your 4 mins test being WAY too short, but your crits are nonetheless very low, my command crits for 3k and judgements 3.5 or so. (selfbuffed) appart from that in pvp its still fact that on stunned targets command gives a 100% crit whereas vengeance or righteousness does not.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dalle2000
    judgement, CS & DI whenever they came of cd
    Indeed, I am quite certain you weren't using Divine Intervention once an hour during your testing DS is the correct abbreviation here

Honestly, when it comes to PvP, Seal of Command is still currently the best option, allowing for very certain exceptions.

Seal of Command offers burst and a stun/incap auto crit Judgement. Situational and somewhat controlled burst is one of the things PvP is all about.

That being said, Seal of Vengeance is what I always use against a warrior, along with going to a sword/board to mitigate their damage and judge straight thru theirs. I'll have to see how this performs after the judgement crit damage nerfs, but all in all, I think this will work well.

The only real problem for Seal of Vengeance is that you deny yourself the option of using Repentance for any amount of time, since it ticks every three seconds, and that means depending on when you time youre Repentance, it will break early. So just on merits alone, SoV will be a rather light choice for PvP in general. The occasional 'The Rogue/Druid is running to stealth, SoV > Judge for a DoT' is fine, but really you're going to end up using Seal of Command.

The only thing which mildly irritates me about the Seals is how Seal of Righteousness drops completely from usefulness. I sort of wish it could be given a purpose beyond early leveling. What purpose, I could think of somethings, but still. Its a minor thing though.
    We are each but one, an individual who can make choices for themselves.

But together we are many, a great force to which no one can deny.

Perhaps it is time we choose to use that force to improve the world.

Let's make freedom reign.

Quote Originally Posted by sillverhair
    as to the pvp seal i would still go with soc coz a 2.2 max judgement crit is really really low, might be due to your 4 mins test being WAY too short, but your crits are nonetheless very low, my command crits for 3k and judgements 3.5 or so. (selfbuffed) appart from that in pvp its still fact that on stunned targets command gives a 100% crit whereas vengeance or righteousness does not.
    Sorry fixed it :-\

2337AP 36 crit
    701SP 33 crit

Now u prolly get those crits with wings or before SoC nerf, or u must have rly nice stats ;D

anyway think il give the other seals a test in the arena

i think i know where the difference lies i used the numbers i pull in pve, forgot about resilience, yes im probably about the same as you then

Quote Originally Posted by shyara
    Speaking as a holy paladin, and the healing class leader for my guild, if you attempt to use martyr to garner more heals, and more mana, you will QUICKLY be put on "healing probation" where we don't heal you. I am sorry, but heals need to go to the tanks. If people pull agro repeatedly, they're on the "healing probation" just so they learn.

I'm guessing your warlocks aren't allowed to lifetap either?
    This user has been permanently banned because the moderator doesn't like warlocks.

15+ Year Old Account

Speaking as a holy paladin, and the healing class leader for my guild, if you attempt to use martyr to garner more heals, and more mana, you will QUICKLY be put on "healing probation" where we don't heal you. I am sorry, but heals need to go to the tanks. If people pull agro repeatedly, they're on the "healing probation" just so they learn.

lol...just lol. cant find the right words for this. guess you never came in any end game instances.

if there are ppl that still pull aggro from tanks now your tanks just suck.

and you as holy paladin can always use hand of salvation on high aggro ppl.

Seriously? Wow. If that isn't the dumbest thing I've read in a while... you realize a renew or 2 is all it takes to keep a paladin going who has martyr up? God forbid your raid does more DPS and downs the boss more quickly.

"healing probation"... what a joke

Considering that Martyr/Blood can be offset by a single Renew, and is the staple seal to use in PvE since TBC (at least for Horde), I have to ask you...

WTF are you going on about?
    Served steaming hot, right out of the waffle grill. With just the right amount of STFU poured on top.

Speaking as a holy paladin, and the healing class leader for my guild.....
    ...if you attempt to use martyr to garner more heals, and more mana, you will QUICKLY be put on "healing probation" where we don't heal you. I am sorry, but heals need to go to the tanks. If people pull agro repeatedly, they're on the "healing probation" just so they learn.
    you may take a look @the new paladin seals as a Class-leader you should know how these seals work... -.-

Seal of the Martyr
    All melee attacks deal [ 28% of mw ] to [ 28% of MW ] additional Holy damage, but the Paladin loses health equal to 10% of the total damage inflicted.

Nope, they are... We just like a quick warning before they do. (aka, "hey shy, lifetap!" "k, got ya lock, go.")
    Based on your previous completely ignorant statement and this one I'm quoting I can conclude that either:

A- You're full of shit

B- You're one of those control freak "class leads" who let the ephemeral title go to their heads.

If A: Please bugger off. You're threadjacking an useful thread with nonsense.

If B: Go exercise your OCD somewhere else please. This thread is about seal testing, not whether you can boycott Ret Paladins for using their best PvE seal.
    Served steaming hot, right out of the waffle grill. With just the right amount of STFU poured on top.