Yesterday, I tried an holy spec for arena, as I wasn't able to see an other use of guardian spirit.
I looked the advantages of disc spec for arena :
- pain suppression
- power infusion
- focused will
- lots of boost for the shield
As we know, it's very focused on pvp tanking, but with 3.0, I never survived an arena (we didn't loose always but I was never alive at the end) cause of the burst, even with pain suppression and infusion on me it was a no-match. Happily my partners used to manage to kill one or to damage enough while I'm dying, but it's kind of frustrating to feel so powerless as a healer.
That's how I did this spec :
It's largely perfectible, blessed recovery doesn't work well with blessed resilience for example, but with this spec unless I failed my partners and I never died on the first burst (was in a 3v3 with demo destro and mage frost). The advantages in arena seems really OP :
- guardian spirit of course is really the best point of the spec, ours opponent didn't understood in most of the case, and even when they did there's nothing to do, 40% heal is huge and if u can't keep your partner alive he'll still survive.
- lightwell has been boosted to such a point that it's now really OP, I put it in beginning of the fight and even if i'm severely CC-ed, my partners can survive only with it (a hit doing 30% of your life doesn't occur that much if u have enough resi)
- blessed resilience has already proven to be really usefull, even more than focused will if a rogue is on u.
- circle of healing allows to not being CS-ed by mages or rogues
- surge of light is wonderfull with POM, COH, and even holy nova sometimes
- spirit of redemption is always a good thing to have, I should test with the glyph too, seems very powerful, but i only died once within 10 fights
I lost my mana regen, I go oom very fast with this spec, that's the problem with not having meditation, but fights are so short for now that it may not be an issue.
What do u think about it ? /discuss