Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Rate my lvl 80 tanking build - 5/10/56

I would take the 2 out of Booming Voice and let on OT get that. I would spend the 2 points in improved Heroic Strike, since you can get the glyph that allows for a rage free Heroic Strike after a Revenge. This boosts TPS a lot.

- Brisk

Quote Originally Posted by nomadd
    I'm not particularly fond of safegaurd as is...for PvE at least, with intervene you already intercept a full attack (2 glyphed) (with the exception of a spell, which is an unlikely problem in a raid) and with safeguard only lasting 6 seconds, you might get 1-3 more attacks reduced (when tanking a single target, since if there were multiple you wouldn't be around intervening eachother, you'd be tanking) and then you wait 30 seconds for intervene to come back up and shave off a minimal amount of damage at best. I've found that it safeguard comes in handy more for people that aren't already mitigating a ton of damage - IE healers etc
    You can't intervene a spell attack. That is where Safeguard comes in. It's also good for mitigating AOE damage or DOTs.

Quote Originally Posted by nomadd
    I'm still locked between running with the impale build (how important is 20% more bonus crit damage anyways, sure you'll get more threat, but are you having issues as is?) a piercing howl build (I hate having no snares in def stance, and I hate flopping out of def stance personally, this is mostly a PvP aspect, however, the daze effect also allows you to get bonus damage on your heroic strike, possibly outweighing the extra threat you'd have generated from impale) and just a straight up build thats along the lines of 5/8/58, I'm waiting to see how things play out a bit before I make any final judgements though
    Piercing Howl daze does not increase damage done by Heroic Strike

Think im going for this one:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...00000000000000
    Basicly the impale build but with deepwounds aswell.
    It "feels" like deepwounds shoud generate more threat then the 3% crit you lose from cruelty or am i wrong here ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tumatauenga

Warbringer can be good for PvP and 5 mans, but in a raid situation is near useless (my opinion of course, if it fits your playstyle and you find use for it, go right ahead)
    I actually prefer Warbringer even in raids. It essentially allows you to replace intervene with charge and with imp charge you are looking at +25 rage when the trigger happy mage decides to pull a mob off of you that you weren't focusing on. However like you said: he does have the standard cookie-cutter Tanking Build (though I would never take booming voice- I don't understand the allure of an extra minute) and talents like Warbringer are personal choice.

Hi, ive been looking for a copy of the warbringer talent tree layout. could someone poss send a link to it plz

15+ Year Old Account

Necroing is bad.