Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Holy Spell/Abilities

Just say for sake of argument that anything remotely like Circle of Healing is off the table. Just pretend we said that it goes against the vision of the paladin class or whatever to ever AE heal (that's not true, but just roll with me here).

Now then, what is the one healing spell you would want added to your repetoire?

Post made by GC

here's my idea, not sure if its ben tossed out there yet or not.

Change Judgements into a Holy Shock type spell as well.

Judgement of Light: X damage to enemy; X healing to friendly

Judgement of Wisdom: X damage to enemy; X% Mana/Energy/Rage/Runic Power to friendly

Judgement of Justice: same as now to enemy; Increase Friendly Armor or dodge or block ect.. by X amount or percent

This would make us have 3 addition spells for any situation, and not over power us, Plus it adds to our utility.

Anyone else think this could be a good implementation? Sounds like their trying to get feedback on what Holy wants or beleives it needs so i encourage all Holy Paladins to participate in this discussion on wow's forums as well. http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1

Deleted

Re: New Holy Spell/Abilities

Can't write there, I play on European servers PvE-wise we are doing very well actually. I still want us to have more PvP viability. We are often seen more as the defensive healer rather than offensive, so, I don't know. Some better way to deal with silence or healing reduction effects perhaps? Ability that removes either silence or healing reduction effect on target but has 1min cooldown?

Quote Originally Posted by trisian
    Add a Heal over Time effect to Sacred Clensing and we will be golden.
    I dont know, from what ive seen, Blizz just doesnt want to give Holy a damn HoT so im trying to be creative enough without being super exotic or go against their "vision"........

I think what we really need is an AoE heal thats not to much. something like a "Holy Hammer" where the paladin hammers the ground with holy light healing all friendly targets in a 15 yard radius for X, and damaging all enemy targets for Y with like a 2 second cast and a 30 sec CD. and maybe making Shield of Righteousness stack with spell dmg as well(i know i'd love to smack people with my shield as a holy pal). it would solve our healing and dmg boredom and give us some fun and unique stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    Can't write there, I play on European servers PvE-wise we are doing very well actually. I still want us to have more PvP viability. We are often seen more as the defensive healer rather than offensive, so, I don't know. Some better way to deal with silence or healing reduction effects perhaps? Ability that removes either silence or healing reduction effect on target but has 1min cooldown?
    What is an Offensive healer? :
    And no I am not trolling despite the number of my posts.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by nonickname
    What is an Offensive healer? :
    And no I am not trolling despite the number of my posts.
    It rather means the fact that they have more offensive capabilities than we do, like f.ex. they have several kinds of CC, more powerful DPS spells and so forth. We on the other hand rely on defensive capabilities, like Lay on hands or bubble.

It rather means the fact that they have more offensive capabilities than we do, like f.ex. they have several kinds of CC, more powerful DPS spells and so forth. We on the other hand rely on defensive capabilities, like Lay on hands or bubble.
    Ty,for the explanation

Shamans: shocks (short cd, interrupt), totems, bloodlust (long cd, but crazy offensive/defensive), decent damage with lightning bolt. (no cd)

Druids: offensive cyclones can prove very effective if done correctly (no cd) , (if spec'd correctly, 1st tier) fast wrath casts, moonfires. (no cd)

Priests: MANA BURN MANA BURN MANA BURN (no cd). Fears (30 sec cd) , dispels (no cd), dots, mindblast/death combo. (short cds, just additional on top of mana burns/dispels)

Paladins: hammer (1 min cd), judgement (10 sec cd), shock (6 sec cd) -_-

I think an shield type heal would be awesome. I guess it would should of work like Protection's Avenger's Shield, except jumping to heal, which I guess is more like Shaman's chain heal, but the new spell could crit and buff the group/raid member with 5% armor or 1-2% reduction in damage.

I mean, doesn't all Holy Paladin's wear a shield? Why not use it?

I don't think something like that would be overpowered on a 15-20 second cooldown? No?

15+ Year Old Account

A very paladin-ish AE heal?

Battle Hymn
    40% base mana
    channeled over 6 sec.
    20 min Cooldown

Heals all party/Raid members within current aura range for 100% of the paladins Spellpower + total Int. each sec for 6 sec.

Edit: And put it in the HOLY tree where it belongs.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by shockpally
    A very paladin-ish AE heal?

Battle Hymn
    40% base mana
    channeled over 6 sec.
    20 min Cooldown

Heals all party/Raid members within current aura range for 100% of the paladins Spellpower + total Int. each sec for 6 sec.

Edit: And put it in the HOLY tree where it belongs.
    40 yard range on a heal that does around 9000 healing to everyone over 6 seconds? Talk about OP. And this would have no use in PvP.

15+ Year Old Account

40 yard range on a heal that does around 9000 healing to everyone over 6 seconds? Talk about OP. And this would have no use in PvP.
    Why can't Holy paladin be OP? Every other Healer is.

The long CD and High mana cost would be the deterent. BTW have you been in PVP yet? Since everyone is using their lovely 51 point DPS talents it sucks. At lvl 80 9000 healing would just be viable since everyone will have better weapons and gear and doing way more damage than they are now.

There is no HoT effect to it after those 6 sec and If you are worried about it not being useful in PVP Who cares. This game is not JUST PVP. I couldnt give a rats ass about Arena either.

What i do worry about is Holy paladin getting shut out of High AOE Damage raids AGAIN.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by shockpally
    Why can't Holy paladin be OP? Every other Healer is.

--SNIP--

There is no HoT effect to it after those 6 sec and If you are worried about it not being useful in PVP Who cares. This game is not JUST PVP. I couldnt give a rats ass about Arena either.

What i do worry about is Holy paladin getting shut out of High AOE Damage raids AGAIN.
    I just don't agree here. In PvP they are indeed better than us, but in PvE we do pretty well. AoE heavy battles are more challenging to us than other classes, but I haven't yet seen any that would be impossible. Single-target heavy battles are more challenging to other classes on the other hand.

And yes, I know this game isn't just about PvP. But since I think we are already doing fine in regards to PvE I wish we got buffed PvP-wise.

Sounds so weird talking about OP healers...

I can't really think right now, I'm on a limited time schedule, but it should be something that synergizes with Beacon of Light, AND allows Holy to do more damage. Preferably something that makes melee more fun for a Holy Paladin.

Sounds like a lot of Circle of Healing/Tranquility knockoffs.

You're going about it the wrong way.

Burst of Light
    30 Yard Range
    30% of base mana
    20 second cooldown
    4 second cast (Tack a cast time redux onto an existing talent to put it to 3ish)

The Paladin releases a burst of Holy Energy(this would, consequently be the name of the buff on the target) on the targeted friendly player. When target has received damage equal to 20% of their maximum health, all friendly players - including the target - within a 10 yard radius are healed for 20% of the target's maximum health.

If the target does not take damage equal to 20% of their maximum health within 10 seconds, all targets within a 10 yard radius receive a heal over time effect equal to 300% of the Paladin's spellpower that ticks every 2 seconds for 10 seconds.

Reinforces the Paladin's role as a MT healer, but also offers a HoT and raid healing when necessary.

(BTW, before you bitch, if Complete Heal rotiations in EQ were fine, so's this).

15+ Year Old Account

I just don't agree here. In PvP they are indeed better than us, but in PvE we do pretty well. AoE heavy battles are more challenging to us than other classes, but I haven't yet seen any that would be impossible. Single-target heavy battles are more challenging to other classes on the other hand.

And yes, I know this game isn't just about PvP. But since I think we are already doing fine in regards to PvE I wish we got buffed PvP-wise.
    Please stop being satisfied with mediocrity. The entire "we are fine" mentality goes out the door when AE damage comes into play.

I tried to Heal the Ahune seasonal fight and i was so ashamed of my paladin i never went back. I have decent gear and i am a seasoned healer. It also looks like AE damage instances are going to be the flavor of Wrath and everyone on the Beta forums who isnt a "yes-man-bootlicker" is ignored.

I've read the Beta forums. All of the PVP concerns were brought up. Still no answer.

PvE-flavored? Take out Judgements of the Pure, add in:
    "Flowing With Light"
    When your critical heals overheal the target, 8/16/24/32/40% of the overhealing is done over the next 8 seconds. This effect can only apply once every 8 seconds (to stop "rolling ignite"/pre-pull buildup effects for OPness, or too early refreshed effects for "this move sucks" comments).

To help a bit with PvP and PvE:
    "Hand of Purity"
    Insert cheap Prayer-of-Mending rip-off here. Replace it over Aura Mastery. Retribution and Protection are already bloated enough to where snagging it would mean costing themselves a bit in talent points, to it'd be a good trade-off at worst.

Strictly PvP? Fix Sacred Cleansing so it's not an RNG-nightmare.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

Why, oh why, is 90% of the responses to this saying "we need AoE healing" when it is specificly stated "pretend there will be no AE healing"

The point of the question was not to get suggestions of what existing AE heal in the game paladins "need" but rather brainstorming new effects that could potentially be fun and amazing.

if you have a balanced raid, the other healers can cover AE. Paladins are amazing single target healers... thats what they will be assigned to do.

They probibly wont do a damage -> smart healing mechanic, as this leads to raid stacking problems (just stack a bunch of the healers that generate healing on damage and you have both damage generation and passive smart healing). You might be able to convince them that healing done to friendly should convert into damage to unfriendly... kind of like a backwards shadow priest. This prevents the mechanic that led to shadow priest nerfs (enough shadow priests would do their damage and passively replace the need for healers). Using this mechanic in reverse bypasses this as over healing would not be converted to damage, so it caps damage out to the amount of damage in. Thus by doing your job you have an added function that could be fun.

I like the idea of using healing done is 'dispersed' around an area...

If a pally heals a player for 10k, 10k damage is dispersed around a 40 yard radius, if there is 1 target it gets hit for 10k, if there are 2 targets they get hit for 5k respectively

If a pally heals a player for 10k, and 5 additional targets for 1k (gylphed) if there is one target in the radius they get hit for 15k, if there are 10 targets they get hit for 1.5k

Obviously the % dispersed could be changed, also I acknowledge that there would definitly be balancing issues in pvp and pve, so something would need to be done about that (maybe only have 10% of the dispersed damage afftect players or however you decide to deal with the issue). This however allows healers to dps which will help alleviate the number one issue I see... and that is the allure of the dark side (dps).

Another alternative to the "not an AE heal" is to do something with overhealing... the numberone complaint that I know of by healing paladins is that other classes constantly get their heal in "ahead" of the paladin leading to very high overhealing numbers. If a shield was generated for the amount over healed, or if the over healing was directed to do something else (I am a fan, once again at the damage dispersion, 10k overheal could be 10k in dispersed damage, could also heal someone else who needs it).

As long as you keep paladins unable to AE heal, there is a good number of abilities they could have which would nto break the game, but could potentially be very ennjoyable for the paladin.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Iselian
    PvE-flavored? Take out Judgements of the Pure, add in:
    "Flowing With Light"
    When your critical heals overheal the target, 8/16/24/32/40% of the overhealing is done over the next 8 seconds. This effect can only apply once every 8 seconds (to stop "rolling ignite"/pre-pull buildup effects for OPness, or too early refreshed effects for "this move sucks" comments).
    No, I like judgements of the pure. But since imp. concentration aura and spiritual focus overlap so much, why not roll them together and add this one in tree? I actually like this idea, when properly used it could be very powerful in both PvE and PvP. Too powerful? I doubt that.