Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Who Else is NOT Bothered by Penance?

Anyone else not bothered by the healing portion of Penance being directional. Whack-a-mole healers are a disgrace. If you're not watching the fight, there's no way you are doing as much as you can for your raid.

protip:Open your eyes and get your fingers off A and D and onto some keybindings.

Re: Who Else is NOT Bothered by Penance?

Not really sure what you mean by directional >.<

I like penance, if that's what you're asking? Not sure...explain yo'self further.

Directional means you gotta look where you are casting. (Which means you might have to turn around to cast it on your rogue after using it on the mage a few seconds before)

Either you guys can't read or I am extremely smart but Directional usually means.... has a directional requirement, I.E. must be facing the person.

As to the OP... Yes it bothers me slightly. But the IMMENSE healing it does well out does that

People say it's because it's an offensive/defensive spell. But last I checked, so was Holy Shock and the defensive part of that didn't require facing. In 5 mans, I agree wholeheartedly that "hey that mage just blinked behind you, turn the <insert profanity here> around." In 25's, it's going to be/already is alot harder to keep track of each individual person, who's infront, who's behind, who's off to what side etc.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Penance does as much healing as a GHeal, costs as much as a Flash Heal and takes 2 seconds to cast. It also does more damage than my Mind Blast or my Holy Fire. It's a great spell, and the directional requirements are just a slight downside. It doesn't bother me at all.

15+ Year Old Account

I only find it as a minor inconvenience. However, as most fights you will be facing towards the MT target you have been assigned to anyway, it won't be a major pain. And yeah, the fact that it's offensive and defensive capacity is superb makes it well worth it in the long run.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

It's a sweet spell and a well worthy 51 pointer.

I'm happy for you disc priests and kinda jelous at the same time.

It's an awesome spell that will get many nerfs once disc priests start doing some damage with it in pvp. Directional requirement... not bothered whatsoever.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Refreshment
    It's a sweet spell and a well worthy 51 pointer.

I'm happy for you disc priests and kinda jelous at the same time.

In a 25 man raid it would frustrate me any time it fizzled. Same as PoM not over-writing at all again.

Sigh.

I took my PvP Disc Priest alt into Hyjal tonight with my old guild for fun. I'm geared in fairly crappy gear, 2, greens, a few epics, mostly blues and I hit ~1k HPS and was third on the healing meters against a lot of T6 healers. They aren't the greatest guild, but Penance was awesome. Keeping Grace stacked on the MT was great, and the directional restriction was an issue one or two times for raid healing. But usually, I knew where everyone was and simply turned with the mouse, not the keyboard, and it was fine. You face in their general direction and hit it and it snaps to them. Not a big deal.

I love penance, and I don't see how the directional thing is such a big deal.

If you can't cast it on the person due to not facing the right direction, do a 180 while spamming the button....

My complaint (however small) is that I can't use it on myself, lol.

Like they said though, less mana than GHeal, Instant heals, not back loaded like a casted heal, very low cost / efficient. 8 Second CD for a 51 pointer is great IMO.

It's fixed in 3.0.3: (At least it's supposed to be.)

[blizzquote="Ghostcrawler;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/6/10972112994-going-live-with-major-bugs.html]Having to face a target to heal is fixed.[/blizzquote"]
    The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

i never got to test it during beta but when it hit live i wasnt able to heal unless they were facing directly infront of me sorta but now i can target someone with it who was to the left or right of me instead of just infront but if that hotfix is meant for behind also then its not fixed yet on live not sure on beta

Ghostcrawler sounded unsure, so I suspect it is in a build not yet live on beta. Hopefully it will be in the final 3.0.3 build.
    The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mäkelä
    It's fixed in 3.0.3: (At least it's supposed to be.)

[blizzquote="Ghostcrawler;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/6/10972112994-going-live-with-major-bugs.html]Having to face a target to heal is fixed.[/blizzquote"]
    YAY!
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Well, just thinking logically, a channeled spell wich can be used for both healing and damaging, must be used in front of the target you want to damage (Drain Mana/Drain Life/Mind Flay/Arcane Missiles) , and also at the target you want to heal. ( Health Funnel anyone? )

I'm not bothered by having to look at my target to using it, even since I'd find it a little wierd to launch bolt of light to a player completely behind me, while my cast animation (hands) points ahead me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    People say it's because it's an offensive/defensive spell. But last I checked, so was Holy Shock and the defensive part of that didn't require facing. In 5 mans, I agree wholeheartedly that "hey that mage just blinked behind you, turn the <insert profanity here> around." In 25's, it's going to be/already is alot harder to keep track of each individual person, who's infront, who's behind, who's off to what side etc.
    wow you talk alot for someone who doesn't know a thing. did you even log on a paladin to check how holy shock works? oh i got a alt paladin so...

holy shock doesn't require you to face the target you heal, only requires you to face the target you damage: meaning: i can holy shock heal the Tank with my ASS to him. While at penance - i need to turn and FACE thee tank to heal (no ass bumping with penance).

There was a Blue post by GC that said its working on a way to fix this (that you could heal with penance by facing the other way of the player).

at the same time i can say - didn't really like penance in arena, and for my 2vs2 team i won't spec all the way to penance, but for BG's it was really fun. You still can't cast it on yourself so :/