Wow Seal of Vengeance is worst then it ever was

Dam this thing hit weaker then a tickle.
    Really what was the logic behind nerfing Seal of Vengeance? the Damage suck so bad for a Protection pally.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Deleted

Re: Wow Seal of Vengeance is worst then it ever was

Are you talking about PTR? Cos on live Vengeance/Corruption hasn't been nerfed.

Are you perhaps confusing the tiny amount of damage that occurs when you refresh a 5 stack with the awesome dps of the Holy Vengeance debuff that SoV applies? Because if you're looking at your combat log, Holy Vengeance is the DoT.

300 Damage Judge from 5 stack
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

i never had it before, so i can't say anything about it in comparison to the past. but i do know one thing:

i've been number ONE damage in kara, ZA, and AV as prot spec using this seal, so what's to complain about? because you don't see a big number on your screen? hit HotR and watch it crit on 3 targets for 2k each if you want to see big numbers.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor
    300 Damage Judge from 5 stack
    That sounds quite low, but then again, you're not even supposed to be doing most of your damage with judgement. It's the DOT itself which is doing all the DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    That sounds quite low, but then again, you're not even supposed to be doing most of your damage with judgement. It's the DOT itself which is doing all the DPS.
    Does it not scale with Spell Power anymore or something?
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor
    Does it not scale with Spell Power anymore or something?
    Yes, it does. But again, are you playing on live or PTR? Cos on live there is no nerf done to seal of vengeance/corruption whatsoever. Seal of command got nerfed, no other seals yet.

beta
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

The nerfs to the seals on Beta were all similar in relative nerf.

Vengeance never did any more damage than Blood or Command once instants become part of the equation.

300 damage on a judge means you're naked, or the mob you're hitting has some sort of damage absorption effect on it.

Even post-nerf you should be getting 900 easy. Next to Command, Vengeance should be your hardest hitting Judgement at a 5 stack, although based on your AP to Weapon damage ratio, blood could be slightly better.

Command proccing at 100% aside, Vengeance still does more net damage with the first 5 swings than any other seal. Even for Ret it still has some usability.

I tested this on the Stags in GH. Iam sure they dont have Shield effects.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?