Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Can we get a Paladin nerf tracker??

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    Hahaha, goto love how palaplayers live in denial. So, raping all bg's as well as arena is moderatelly op
    What is op, soloing Illidan as lvl70? Give us a break and come out of the closet.
    old habits do truly die hard. this is one of those people i was referring to that couldnt fathom the idea of kiting a paladin. i do hope i meet you in a bg someday. i will make a macro that goes /say "LOLRet" /cast divine storm, while you play with pre 3.0.2 tactics. good luck young padawan you will need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caleel
    old habits do truly die hard. this is one of those people i was referring to that couldnt fathom the idea of kiting a paladin. i do hope i meet you in a bg someday. i will make a macro that goes /say "LOLRet" /cast divine storm, while you play with pre 3.0.2 tactics. good luck young padawan you will need it.
    Somebody got their thread turned against them.

This can be implemented in game much in the same way as espn has its game tracker for college and nfl football games.

this also should include stats like which class is QQing the most about paladins and the associated nerf incoming. For example 80% of rogues are QQing about Divine Storm, Divine Storm has its damage reduced by an additional 20%, or all classes have QQed about Divine Shield, Divine Shield forbearance has been increased to 24 hours.

Ghostcrawler can think up some cool new "Emotes" that go along with the associated nerf or recycle old ones like "to the ground baby", "LolRet", and "dont nerf me bro". For example Dvine Storm has damage has been reduced by 20% because of rogue QQ "To the Ground Baby".

All classes but Paladins will have the ability to use these emotes, and are encouraged to do so. Blizzard must send reminders that Paladins as hybrids are not meant to beat anyone in any battleground or arena no matter the gear level or circumstance, unless of course their opponent is also a hybrid.
    I still dont understand how any class can honestly sit there with a straight face and say they think they are getting an unfair share of nerfs. You are obviously new or you would realize every class has had their day in the sun and been smacked around with the nerf bat.

You are selfish for taking it out on ghostcrawler who is only doing his job and you wonder why blizz never wants tot ell you anything anymore because you take it as written in stone and have a childish fit if things don't go your way.

well of course no class enjoys being nerfed "to the ground". i do think paladins were moderatelly op, but the nerfs have put them into a strange state. Rets were suppose to have alot of burst and they took that away but gave them no interupt or snare. repentance and our stun arent very effective.

i killed alot of stupid people during these last few fun weeks in which people needed to adjust their strategy against rets, but for some reason couldnt come to the conclusion that standing still casting does not equal win. i guess old habits are hard to break.

well of course no class enjoys being nerfed "to the ground". i do think paladins were moderatelly op, but the nerfs have put them into a strange state. Rets were suppose to have alot of burst and they took that away but gave them no interupt or snare. repentance and our stun arent very effective.

i killed alot of stupid people during these last few fun weeks in which people needed to adjust their strategy against rets, but for some reason couldnt come to the conclusion that standing still casting does not equal win. i guess old habits are hard to break.
    I think you mistook them as standing still when they were in fact stunned by the pally.

Quote Originally Posted by corners
    I still dont understand how any class can honestly sit there with a straight face and say they think they are getting an unfair share of nerfs. You are obviously new or you would realize every class has had their day in the sun and been smacked around with the nerf bat.

You are selfish for taking it out on ghostcrawler who is only doing his job and you wonder why blizz never wants tot ell you anything anymore because you take it as written in stone and have a childish fit if things don't go your way.
    ok i am going to try and follow your logic... ret has seen more nerfs to its spec than any other spec in the game, and by default many of these nerfs affected the paladin class. you must also be assuming that in the past arena seasons that all classes were balanced even with over-representation by a few classes in the top arena teams. ret has never been a viable spec until a few weeks ago and we see all the qq this has caused.

whos taking anything out on ghostcrawler? he actually said those things, of course he was joking. we all know that, it doesnt make it any funnier when paladins and ret especially are nerfed "to the ground" just like he said. again trying to follow your logic, since ret has been almost unplayable the last 4 years people who say anything about ret being broken are having a childish fit.

corners qq about ret paladins being childish - ret paladins white damage is reduced by 50% on cloth, 60% on leather, 70% on mail, and 80% on plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    OK, there's a breakdown of how this works:

If you play a ret pally you're aware that ret may be a little OP.

If you play a pally you think ret is moderately OP.

If you play anything else you think "Jesus Christ that shit is unstoppable."
    I know im OP, i went 38-0 in EotS earlier. Shit is still nasty. I had a pocket healer of course, but still.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Every class had been hit by nerfs at least as hard as ret pallys. The only difference is your nerfs happened in a short time, others happen over months.

Take my spec, a shadow priest. Pre BC they were the pvp kings.

BC comes out, everyone get's a serious increase in stam, lowering the effectiveness of our "burst" damage and dots. Our scaling also went to crap because we were a utility class, so while we were kings if everyone was in poor gear, we fought with prot-specced warriors on the dps charts in t6. Our primary spell (Mindflay) suffers a range penalty because of the "utility" it provides.

As the stamina increases on armor, so does the burst capability of many classes, including melee. Our 15% reduction in shadow form, and a bubble that didn't scale with our gear meant that we became more susceptible to burst, and our lack of pushback resistance meant that we couldn't even attack most of the time once we got focused on.

Fear receives multiple nerfs because of the terror that is Fearlock in pvp, spriests, who have one fear on a long CD, get hit harder by this.

Dots now effected by resilience, even though they can't crit and the only stat we stack with (spell damage) is seriously lacking on pvp gear. This change was again made because of locks, but spriests also got hit because we operate off of shadow damage.

WOTLK is announced. We get a ball of gas. We went through a TON of nerf/buff cycles in beta (still doing so now). Go to shadowpriest.com if you want a history of it.

This is not a QQ post, I'm just pointing out that ALL classes suffered signifigant nerfs. Yours are just happening a lot faster than ours did, and they are happening on Live realms while a lot of our newer nerfs occured on Beta so Live realm priests couldn't see what was OP about the mechanics in the first place.

Let 3.0.3 hit, try it out. Then see if the "nerf" is as signifigant as you thought it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    OK, there's a breakdown of how this works:

If you play a ret pally you're aware that ret may be a little OP.

If you play a pally you think ret is moderately OP.

If you play anything else you think "Jesus Christ that shit is unstoppable."
    Awesome!

A nerf today is a buff tomorrow.

Classes never stay the same for more then 6 months. And don't give me "Well ret has always sucked in pvp!" bull, warriors had one spec for pvp for years, many classes were in the same boat.

If you think this is a huge nerf, try the TBC patch back in classic for warriors' rage. I loved getting 12-13 rage a swing with a Dark edge of insanity.
    The warrior class was deleted for that patch, but guess what? They buffed our rage back.

The TBC patch was awful, this patch I've seen every spec do well, arcane and ret are the only serious problems I've seen and maybe rogues and failstorm warriors with sudden lawl procs.

The morale of the story is.
    Stop whining.