[Suggestion] Secondary aura use.

Here's an idea I had a while ago. Thought I'd post it again now that they might consider implenting new paladin skills.

What if we got a skill that would activate a secondary effect from the currently active aura. For example, if I had frost resistance aura activated and used this skill, it would reflect the next frost spell cast at me. The effect of using this new skill would vary depending on what aura was currently active, perhaps something like this:

Fire resistance: Reflects the next fire spell cast at the paladin.

Shadow resistance: Reflects the next shadow spell cast at the paladin.

Devotion: Absorbs X amount from the next physical attack directed at the paladin.

Concentration: Makes the next paladin spell uninterruptible.

Retribution: Deals instant holy damage to all enemies surrounding the paladin (perhaps knocking them back).

Crusader: Gives the paladin a time-limited 70% increased movement speed.

If switching auras was made more useful it would open up a whole new dimension to paladin interaction, which is something we're lacking right now. There is so much potential within the aura aspect of paladin gameplay, but in it's current form it's more or less wasted.

I'd like to clarify that auras would work the same they are now. This new skill would be a way to trigger a secondary effect of your aura, not replace the current system.

The duration would be somewhere around three seconds and the cooldown ten seconds. It would be removed from global cooldown, or if our auras were finally given a separate global cooldown.

Paladins are associated with words such as 'retribution', 'judgement' and 'vengeance'. Also we are a magic using melee class. Reflecting spells would in my opinion fit in with both paladin lore and play style.

Re: [Suggestion] Secondary aura use.

Quote Originally Posted by Deragor
    Here's an idea I had a while ago. Thought I'd post it again now that they might consider implenting new paladin skills.

What if we got a skill that would activate a secondary effect from the currently active aura. For example, if I had frost resistance aura activated and used this skill, it would reflect the next frost spell cast at me. The effect of using this new skill would vary depending on what aura was currently active, perhaps something like this:

Fire resistance: Reflects the next fire spell cast at the paladin.

Shadow resistance: Reflects the next shadow spell cast at the paladin.

Devotion: Absorbs X amount from the next physical attack directed at the paladin.

Concentration: Makes the next paladin spell uninterruptible.

Retribution: Deals instant holy damage to all enemies surrounding the paladin (perhaps knocking them back).

Crusader: Gives the paladin a time-limited 70% increased movement speed.

If switching auras was made more useful it would open up a whole new dimension to paladin interaction, which is something we're lacking right now. There is so much potential within the aura aspect of paladin gameplay, but in it's current form it's more or less wasted.

I'd like to clarify that auras would work the same they are now. This new skill would be a way to trigger a secondary effect of your aura, not replace the current system.

The duration would be somewhere around three seconds and the cooldown ten seconds. It would be removed from global cooldown, or if our auras were finally given a separate global cooldown.

Paladins are associated with words such as 'retribution', 'judgement' and 'vengeance'. Also we are a magic using melee class. Reflecting spells would in my opinion fit in with both paladin lore and play style.
    paladin are fine atm..
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaavis
    And you didn't even address the fact that auto attacks do a lot better than wanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    Quick trade chat poll reveals that YOUR MOM is actually the hardest bossfight in WoW.

I don't really think you needed to quote the whole post to say paladins are fine XD

But yeah, they are fine. That would be pretty complicated as well, and I don't think Blizzard wants auras to be that effective on the game.

not a bad concept, but ur suggestions woul dmake aura twisting redicoulously op.

ya I agree unless you want paladins to get even more of a nerf because that effect on devotion aura would break the game.

A spec that's currently OP shouldn't be expecting anything in the way of buffs.

Not that these ideas aren't amusing.

OK nub, while we're at it add this one to the list

Death Coil Aura - Instantly and continuously death coils any and every hostile target in the same zone as you. Death coil does 9000 damage per second to each target, and heals you for 18000 per second per target. Also you can fly and are now immune to forbearance.

A spec thats OP? Hi, you're an oblivious turd. Look at the top, it says WRATH OF THE LICH KING. We're nerfed in Wrath. L2Read. He was posting something he thought would be interesting, if you don't like it, don't read it. Tard.

Quote Originally Posted by Soultics
    A spec thats OP? Hi, you're an oblivious turd. Look at the top, it says WRATH OF THE LICH KING. We're nerfed in Wrath. L2Read. He was posting something he thought would be interesting, if you don't like it, don't read it. Tard.
    Ret's kicking some ass on the beta as well and.... you do know other paladins specs have access to auras right? Please tell me you do?

I found the post amusing, I even said that. What the hell are you on about?

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin
    He was talking about the paladin class, not a spec. Holy and protection paladins are not OP. Indeed this latest nerf hurt them more than lol rets.
    I don't understand this quite yet.

Prot:
    Judge/seal nerf hinder our threat gen, which was and still is untouchable.
    Forbearance nerf, so... it works the same as it did in TBC. Not so much a nerf as a revert to the old standard.

Holy:
    Judge/seal nerf hurts solo dps, that's not a major concern.
    Forbearance nerf, well you couldn't even use AW before, now you have the option.

Those are some pretty good suggestions for making the paladin class more fun to play.
    'FINE', as people call it, suddenly seems to only reflect how well a class is functioning, whilst the enjoyment/fun factor doesn't matter? No?

Quote Originally Posted by quev
    Those are some pretty good suggestions for making the paladin class more fun to play.
    'FINE', as people call it, suddenly seems to only reflect how well a class is functioning, whilst the enjoyment/fun factor doesn't matter? No?
    Well fun is the general goal but every class needs to on par before we add crazy stuff like this.