Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Wizard/Mana oils

It's a ridiculous change, and a ridiculous idea from start to finish. Hopefully they'll rethink it.

Weapon oil is cheap. It's much cheaper than elixirs or flasks and persists through death. If they were actually concerned with making raid consumables farming less of a burden, all they would have to do would be to make all consumables persist through death. If making elixirs persist would be 'diminishing the value of flasks' or some other nonsense then just apply it to food buffs. I spend several times more gold on buff food than I do on mana oil.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Why would anyone want oils? Every raid guild I have been in REQUIRES oils for all mana users on every progression fight. That means basically a stack of mana oil a night. That gets expensive quick. And because blizzard knew that all guilds trying to push content would require oils as well they had to then design encounters assuming everyone in the raid had oil.

Blizzard is trying to make it so that raiding isnt all about getting every possible little buff. Raiding gets really freaking expensive quick. I love raiding, but I also work 8 hours a day, so a large part of my play time is spent in raids. An average night could easily cost me 100 gold in just consumables, between food buffs, mana pots, oils, flasks. Its annoying. I applaud any change that makes me buy less stuff

Quote Originally Posted by gatgat
    I applaud any change that makes me buy less stuff
    Being this is a sociable game why wouldn't your guild help you out so you wouldnt have to "buy" all this stuff? Im sure you can do something (profession wise) that could help someone with something they need in trade for something you need at discounted prices.

Farming for hours? Tons of money? Sorry to me it is part of the game. You dont just go to the "Superbowl" and play. No it takes practice and preparation.

Thats not the same this is a game... Ok fine... you just grab a game and play it. You read about t research it and "practice" as you learn.

Im anything but a HCR but to me that is part of being an HCR. If you are not or "inbetween" you dont have what it takes (IMO) to be one and should try your best and or wait for the nerf.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

As an enchanter, yeah it stinks to lose an easy to sell commodity. As a person with RL responsibilities, I'm happy they did away with an extra step of nonsense. As a warlock, I'm glad my stones are now something unique and useful.

No one should really complain about oils and stones being removed. The encounters no longer "require" you to have them by design, therefore the game is the exact same minus some hassel. And if you enjoy spending your time "prepping" for raids more than raiding, you are strange.

Face facts, most of the people that play this game are over 18 and have RL responsibilites. "Casual" is the majority, and those who get nerd rage over it should just go play another game. There is plenty to do in this game for the "Hardcore"

You people who talk it would relieve you to remove the oils are funny indeed. I already imagine Blizz removing it because of stupid QQ.

Let's look at this real: An oil has 5 charges. One charge lasts an hour and persist through death. So it takes like 5-6 charges for a raid night to be buffed all the time. So 1-1,2 fresh Oil each night. On my realm oils cost like 10 maybe 12 gold. But let's look how expensive it is to really create them - 3 dusts worth 0.5-1g, 1 nightmare vine thats a 20-30g a stack so like 1-1.5g for that... and a bottle also cheap...

Where is this a burden? Do one daily and voila you got your damn oil...

I'm not satisfied with this change because as an enchanter I feel that interesting part of my trade is being removed. And what I get for it huh? Wands which were "discontinued" even before TBC hit the stores?

Now theyre giving us lvl 80 wands and think they will make us happy - Well... where are the rest of the damn wands that fall between like lvl 30 and the new ones? Is it so difficult to make some to fill the hole and make it a sense of continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Yolen
    You people who talk it would relieve you to remove the oils are funny indeed. I already imagine Blizz removing it because of stupid QQ.
    Funny thing is I think it is more that Blizz borked/forgot something then anything else. I mean old SS show there were stones/oils. Then poof.

I think this falls under the Blizz trying to do to much to fast, dropping the ball then trying to cover it up. I concur it makes no sense for people to "cry" aobut stuff that essentially improves the toon...
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Everything I say, lolz.
    You're a bitch.

Let's look at this real: An oil has 5 charges. One charge lasts an hour and persist through death. So it takes like 5-6 charges for a raid night to be buffed all the time. So 1-1,2 fresh Oil each night. On my realm oils cost like 10 maybe 12 gold. But let's look how expensive it is to really create them - 3 dusts worth 0.5-1g, 1 nightmare vine thats a 20-30g a stack so like 1-1.5g for that... and a bottle also cheap...

Where is this a burden? Do one daily and voila you got your damn oil...

I'm not satisfied with this change because as an enchanter I feel that interesting part of my trade is being removed. And what I get for it huh? Wands which were "discontinued" even before TBC hit the stores?

Now theyre giving us lvl 80 wands and think they will make us happy - Well... where are the rest of the damn wands that fall between like lvl 30 and the new ones? Is it so difficult to make some to fill the hole and make it a sense of continuity.

The least expensive, and best value consumable gone. Can't believe anyone disliked oils. Food can be a pain, elixirs expensive, flasks sub optimal....

Le sigh.

You people who talk it would relieve you to remove the oils are funny indeed.
    You English not good it funny indeed less fail more sense.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aknot
    sigh. Ok lets all listen to stupid11.

Yeah it may be FUCKING retarded however they have been known to do some FUCKING retarded things. The "why" was:

"many raid guilds they were simply another burden to the cost of raiding. They also caused some issues in that they only helped certain classes and took away some of the uniqueness of other classes who were able to imbue their weapons with temporary enchants such as rogues and warlocks. "

So 3 reasons. Which none of them make any sense. Just like a perm enchant you as a Rogue would need to make the decision if you want poison on that blade or a stone/oil.

Many raid guilds? I would like to see a post on the WoW forums Beta or otherwise stating this. With "many" guilds behind it.

And no to the shutup. When people come in here "strutting" around like a Christmas Goose proclaiming they are the end all be all I have issues.

You have no say so on what I post, where I post or when I post. Simply said and done you don't like it go read something else.

It is not like a DK change. It is a simple changing of code.

Nice try. So you accept the whys and understand them? Great for you. However it is not about you. If it was I would agree and say hey go with it.
    Like what retarded things?

"Just like a perm enchant you as a Rogue would need to make the decision if you want poison on that blade or a stone/oil."

What does this have to do with the discussion. I can't make sense of it b/c you suck at English, what was your point exactly?

You seem to have only addressed one of 3 reasons that the Blue gave (which I didn't say whether or not I agreed with, so I don't know why you're using a reply to me to vent about the "reasons").

---------------

QQ more, I was only trying to enlighten you on your retardation and hopefully get you to shut your mouth before you made even more of a fool of yourself. Don't like what I'm saying? "Go read something else."

Everything is a change of code you moron. It's a video game, it's nothing but lines of code. How can you have any idea what takes a small code change and what takes a large code change? And why should Blizzard stop what they're doing and cater to your whims to change anything?

Nice try. So you don't accept the whys and don't understand them? Great for you. However it is not about you. If it was I would agree and say hey go with it.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Quote Originally Posted by stupid11
    You English not good it funny indeed less fail more sense.
    Oh my God. So I did a mistake. Big deal. Try to write in my language and lret's see who makes less mistakes uhm? It should be "are talking"?

there was no point in keeping them.
    - they where mandatory for any raiding guild, hardcore or not
    - no diversity, I just slapped on a mana oil 100% of the time, atleast with food and flasks I can choose if I need mana or crit or bigger heals or w/e.
    - they where making several core class abilities obsolete, which a prof shouldnt do imo.

Love the changes tbh, any time not spend farming useless non-versitile buff crap is good in my book.
    "Remember, remember the 6th of July.
    The Real ID treason and Plot.
    I see no reason why the Real ID Treason
    Should ever be forgot."

actually I am looking forwards to this change for my feral druid, I use adamantite weightstones for raids, this is however not the best weightstone - the elemental weightstone from an old MC recipe which gives 28 crit rating is far better (technically I dont hit anything with my weapon when in cat/bear so +weapon dmg is wasted).

also the best mana oil I found was brilliant mana oil(I think that was the name) which comes from rep with zalandar tribe as it gives decent mp5 and some +heal, presumabley now +spellpower.

so from that point of view the best lvl 70 enhancements are lvl 60 recipes....whereas the lvl 70 version arent quite so good. Sadly none of the players I raid with can make either of these items so we have to use the worse lvl 70 versions. does this not seem a bit retarded? the best bit is newer players to the game will not even be aware that such things exist.

and I'm sure some troll will come along and say "duh go farm MC/ZG then!" thats real clever given I dont have a high level blacksmith or enchanter on the realm I raid on...and strangely enough my raid comm is more interested in current raids.

so maybe if blizz made a lvl 80 item that was actually better than lvl 60 stuff it would be a good idea, but if they cant...meh forget about them then.

Did they say why they are removing them? I always thought it was a good idea to have them. But then again it's one more consumable I won't have to worry about.

"Sharpening Stones and also Wizard Oils have been discontinued. While they were something nice to use once in a while for most people for many raid guilds they were simply another burden to the cost of raiding. They also caused some issues in that they only helped certain classes and took away some of the uniqueness of other classes who were able to imbue their weapons with temporary enchants such as rogues and warlocks."

"We are having QA look into this now. This is not intentional and clearly we don't want people to have to farm old mats to use Sharpening Stones (which aren't supposed to be usable on high quality items). After this is fixed they will still work on several levels worth of items moving into LK just not the end game and higher end stuff."

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/19/1206...er-please.html

"Remember, remember the 6th of July.
    The Real ID treason and Plot.
    I see no reason why the Real ID Treason
    Should ever be forgot."

This is the way the devs are making the Rogues with poisons back to the top melee dps. Gimping the other classes that have been using stones.

IMO, they should also remove all Rogue weapon-applied poisons.

Quote Originally Posted by wyrdone
    This is the way the devs are making the Rogues with poisons back to the top melee dps. Gimping the other classes that have been using stones.

IMO, they should also remove all Rogue weapon-applied poisons.
    that is stupid.

IMO, go please yourself.

Woot Flametongue, now I don't have to bother with finding someone with ZG rep for oils.

I will say that removing the need to farm mindlessly for hours for consumables like this for high end raiding is a very nice thing indeed.