Would I make a good Death Knight?

I’m trying to figure out if I should become a DK or not. Below I have laid out my past experiences and want to determine what I should do as we move into WotLK.

Since Launch I’ve always enjoyed playing under rated classes and specs, and have somehow found ways to do very well in PVP with them. I enjoy a challenge, being the underdog, and I like to know that I am successful because of personal skill, and not

In the times of the Arcanite Reaper MS Warrior, I was Fury with Dal’Rend’s Arms; shredding people left and right even before Battle grounds existed.

Then I played a hunter for a while when everyone was BM, I was an Agility stacking Survival hunter, and I dominated.

I started getting into Arena on the coat tails of Season two and a lot more in seasons three and four. At this time I was playing one of the most controversial class/specs of the day: Shockadin. I managed to maintain a respectable 2vs2 Arena rating in the 1800s in season four with an Arcane Mage (weird I know), until patch 3.0 came out and ruined Shockadin as a spec.

Since then my pally has been Ret, and if I’m a good PVPer with a crappy spec, then I’m utterly nasty player with an OP spec. I honestly don’t like mowing throw crowds of people as Ret because I know the sentiment is “Nerf Ret Pallies” instead of “Wow, That guy kicks ass”

Basically, Based on what I’m hearing about DKs, they are a hard class to play but can be great. That sounds like something I’d want to play. For someone like myself who doesn’t want my class to be played for me, would DK be worth trying?

Re: Would I make a good Death Knight?

U seem to think the same as me, i do play feral druid, have done the whole time in bc and pre tbc. but w/e time to say my thought about dk and you.

i think people will start to say that DK will be OP, just becaus at the start most people wont know how to deal with DK's. But as wotlk moves on i think people will know how to deal with DK's, and the class will be nothing special (in the aspect of pvp)

But i suggest u go play Destruction warlock, try out the same playstyle as Drakedog have etc, its hard to play and it is much much fun in the destru tree. And hard to master and be succesfull in arena atm. BUT i dont know how it is in wotlk, but i think it will be much more succesfull. Hope u got some new ideas etc about what i wrote, and that it helped in some way. good luck!

I think with every class you can find spec uncomfortable in PvP and play it at moderate level. But DKs atm are not ultimately nerfed class, so prolly you shall try something else, maybe destro lock, shockadin, or rogue with gray daggers and 0/0/0 as talent spec :P

well, comparing to the 1st point of time when DKs came out there were utterly OP. But now in the beta after quite a few DK changes, the DKs have changed alot and as i see it if you do not know how to play a DK ur gonna suck ass at it. Its nothing like being a arcane mage nor a ret pally nowadays.

I enjoy my DK, im speced blood. Its not a easy ass class to play which is why i like it even more. PVP is not my main thing, ive had my share of it b4 BC and season 1 BC. I have a rank 14 and a glad. drake so meh. Anyways as for PVE goes, DKs are amazing. For pvp we are indeed powerful but DKs basically have only 1 moving impalement ability and its ice chains which doesnt last long. 1 frost rune that required to use the ability... that 1 frost rune is actually very important to have since most good abilities DKs use frost + unholy or all. So i dont really know, if u like a challenge ull like the dk

Quote Originally Posted by Imam
    well, comparing to the 1st point of time when DKs came out there were utterly OP. But now in the beta after quite a few DK changes, the DKs have changed alot and as i see it if you do not know how to play a DK ur gonna suck ass at it. Its nothing like being a arcane mage nor a ret pally nowadays.

I enjoy my DK, im speced blood. Its not a easy ass class to play which is why i like it even more. PVP is not my main thing, ive had my share of it b4 BC and season 1 BC. I have a rank 14 and a glad. drake so meh. Anyways as for PVE goes, DKs are amazing. For pvp we are indeed powerful but DKs basically have only 1 moving impalement ability and its ice chains which doesnt last long. 1 frost rune that required to use the ability... that 1 frost rune is actually very important to have since most good abilities DKs use frost + unholy or all. So i dont really know, if u like a challenge ull like the dk
    I agree! If u want a challange, go try out dk, its a whole new playstyle with RP etc!