Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: [UI] Now that Trinity and Bongos doesn't work ...

Quote Originally Posted by ranova
    my ui using Button Facade and Bartender 4, I recommend them - I was using bongos prior to 3.0 and the transition was simple

<i>Freakin Huge Image</i>
    You know imageshack has links to scaled down versions of your images so people don't have to view your massive screen shot and waste bandwidth if they choose not to...

I went from Bongos to Trinity and, after a brief period of using Bartender 4, I'm now using Macaroon.

I don't like the 10x12 addons as the ones I've tried are too limiting. If I need a bar with 15 buttons on it I have to use 2 bars to do it and the unused button IDs on the second bar are lost. Same if I need a bar with less then 12 buttons. I don't like that.
    Although, if you bounce between more then one computer, they might be a more convenient choice as they use the Blizzard button assignments which are now stored server side so you don't have to maintain the button assignments for each computer individually.

I didn't like Macaroon at first but after running into a wall with the button limitations in Bar4, I took the time to figure it out and am now very happy with it as I can do anything I could want with it with no real limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysonis
    Hmm I'll have to do a bit of testing. Currently I'm using the Caith skin for my buttons on oPie and I think it meshes pretty well with the style. http://www.wowinterface.com/download...cadeCaith.html Give it a try if you like. I'll see if I can find the hook where it styles oPie for you so you can turn it off later on tonight.
    Cheers..gonna give Caith a test...and keeping my fingers crossed that there is a way to "reset" the Opie skin
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by klaugh
    For the most part, I choose utility over looks, I play on a small 17 inch wide screen monitor, so I'm cramped for vertical space so the bottom of my screen can't have too much height or I lose vision; buttons too far across and I lose ability to click fast enough if it's an ability I don't have hot-keyed.
    I'd suggest you to use Sunn Viewport Art, it can 'push' the bottom of the screen up and make space for the fancy things. In the screenshot I posted as an example, there's no screen behind all that blue UI.

The black thing you see is actually 'nothing'. That's Sunn Art wich does that, and then I use eePanels2 to put some of all the art on it.

I'm using a 17" too by the way, although not widescreen!

Quote Originally Posted by det
    Cheers..gonna give Caith a test...and keeping my fingers crossed that there is a way to "reset" the Opie skin
    Can you post a screenshot so that I can see what this default look is that you're looking for? I've tried disabling button Facade but I don't think I'm getting the same default skin you were talking about.

I've seem to got into trouble with the Macaroon now. Can't figure out how to change the length of it! I tried all the features I could click on, and nothing happened. You're not supposed to be able to change the size of it, or?

Edit: I found it!

do you really need every button showing? even teleport spells youll rarely use? seems like such a waste to have every spell you have on display (same with bags, do you really need to look in a specific bag?), would make more sense to have them either auto-fade or condensed into a single key addon like oPie which has been mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Farcough
    do you really need every button showing? even teleport spells youll rarely use? seems like such a waste to have every spell you have on display (same with bags, do you really need to look in a specific bag?), would make more sense to have them either auto-fade or condensed into a single key addon like oPie which has been mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norroar
    I just noticed your edit Lysonis, and I went to check out a video on the authors site! It looks really cool, and I will definitely try to check it out. Thanks alot!

I like the idea of having them auto-fade, though! That was a great idea :]

Quote Originally Posted by Lysonis
    Can you post a screenshot so that I can see what this default look is that you're looking for? I've tried disabling button Facade but I don't think I'm getting the same default skin you were talking about.
    That is the problem..since I installed Button Facade to get that Trinity look...the original Opie Look is gone.

http://www.go-hero.net/opie/gallery

Pictures and a video
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.

Quote Originally Posted by det
    That is the problem..since I installed Button Facade to get that Trinity look...the original Opie Look is gone.

http://www.go-hero.net/opie/gallery

Pictures and a video
    So you want it to look like this: http://www.go-hero.net/opie/images/multi.jpg?

Yup

Hmm I'm not quite sure what could be causing issues for you, but with my mods if I change the skinning on oPie in ButtonFacade to Blizzard it looks exactly like the screenshot you wanted it to look like.

Damn, too bad..

This is what I get..and it is all focused and clear cut..none of the fuzzy glow

Hmm, What other mods are you running?

OMG...Macaroon, about 5 FuBar plugins, Omen....Recount...Bagnon, DoTTimer, Move Anything, SimpleMinimap, GRID witha few plugins, oRA2 MT bars, Opie (obviously)...not much really